Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

The way how Young & Beautiful could become her most watched video on YouTube. Only 8 million views until it has the same amount of views as Born To Die :oprah2:

url%5D

Omg it's so sweet, my mom just called me for the only reason that her and my dad are listening to Honeymoon the record in the car and they thought of me :cryney2: And my dad, who's probably a bigger Honeymoon stan than anyone on me, told me that he regrets that we don't have "the Video Games cd" looool. It's because usually I play everything on Spotify for my defence :D But yeah honestly I was in the midst or hating myself hard for something I did and it just soothes me

ZKcaooE.png

Yk how some people split up Lana's albums?

Like the first half is:

BTD 

Paradise

UV 

Honeymoon

LFL

And the sec half is:

NFR

COCC

BB

Tunnel

I wonder if we will categorize this album into another era of her music, or continue with what we feel rn. 

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

9 minutes ago, honeymooncd said:

Like the first half is:

BTD 

Paradise

UV 

Honeymoon

LFL

And the sec half is:

NFR

COCC

BB

Tunnel

I wonder if we will categorize this album into another era of her music, or continue with what we feel rn. 

I feel like its 

BTD 

Paradise

UV

HM

LFL

NFR

Chemtrails

BB

Tunnel

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

1 hour ago, honeymooncd said:

Like the first half is:

BTD 

Paradise

UV 

Honeymoon

LFL

And the sec half is:

NFR

COCC

BB

Tunnel

For me:

1st

BTD (transition from Lizzy Grant to LDR)

UV (raw, vulnerable, fan fave)

HM (more personal, underdog in fandom)

2nd

LFL (transition to old Lana to new Lana)

NFR (raw, vulnerable, fan fave)

COTCC (underdog in fandom, kinda personal)

3rd

BB (transitioning point)

Ocean Blvd (raw, vulnerable, fan fave)

And for me:

Paradise = Violet

url%5D

4 hours ago, honeymooncd said:

Like the first half is:

BTD 

Paradise

UV 

Honeymoon

LFL

And the sec half is:

NFR

COCC

BB

Tunnel

personally i categorize her albums in groupings of 3

first group:

aka

btd

uv

second group:

hm

lfl

nfr

third group:

cotcc

bb

dykttatuob

so i do see the next album as being apart of another era in that sense.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

3 hours ago, Embach said:

For me:

1st

BTD (transition from Lizzy Grant to LDR)

Ocean Blvd (raw, vulnerable, fan fave)

I feel crazy for saying this, but to me ocean blvd feels in some ways like she is circling back to her pre 2011 era of acoustic sound...

Also, I dont mean this in a bad way, but objectively Blue Bannisters is not a real album... LISTEN... There is pretty much zero conceptual reason for her to dump 7 or so of her unreleased tracks in the context of that album. What I think happened is that Lana for some reason felt the need to drop a new album right after COCC, and at that point in time she had a clear direction in mind, which was to cover her own family relations and to diss some of her family members... - thus she ended up with 4 new songs (Textbook, Wildflower Wildfire, Blue Bannisters, Sweet Carolina) that cover those exact themes and which are the only "true" BB songs, because they were clearly meant for the album in the context of the announced themes. From that point, I speculate that for some reason she either did not have enough material that covers these topics to arrange it into a full LP, or she decided not to continue in that direction for personal reasons. The issue with the latter is that ultimately she did continue writing in this direction for Ocean Blvd, so I honestly think she probably just wasnt sure back during the BB era of writing or just needed more time. Anyway, to make up for this lack of material and time, she decided to drop some random unreleased songs just because she liked them and because she probably was still liking the idea of releasing an album comprised of unreleased songs, which she mentioned back in 2017. Because even the relatively recent songs like Black Bathing Suit and Beautiful (?) were outtakes. And now, in the Ocean Blvd era, the rest of her Blue Bannisters era/style writing was finally completed and thus she dropped Fingertips, which definitely sounds like a BB outtake and other songs about her family. Maybe she had a writing block on the topic of her family, which resolved after she started writing her memoirs or smth. Pure speculation. 

ANYWAY, the point is that I do not think it is fair to call BB an album, when it is essentially a mixtape. And because 70 percent of BB is random outtakes from 3+ eras, most of which were left musically unchanged, I do not think we should use BB era as any sort of reference for her future musical direction or as part of her evolution, because it isn't. It is actually what sets Ocean Blvd apart, which is that unlike Blue Bannisters, some of her songs from Ocean Blvd, which are thematically identical to the themes of the core BB songs, were actually adapted to suit the record and not just dropped as is.

1 hour ago, tienmej said:

I feel crazy for saying this, but to me ocean blvd feels in some ways like she is circling back to her pre 2011 era of acoustic sound...

Also, I dont mean this in a bad way, but objectively Blue Bannisters is not a real album... LISTEN... There is pretty much zero conceptual reason for her to dump 7 or so of her unreleased tracks in the context of that album. What I think happened is that Lana for some reason felt the need to drop a new album right after COCC, and at that point in time she had a clear direction in mind, which was to cover her own family relations and to diss some of her family members... - thus she ended up with 4 new songs (Textbook, Wildflower Wildfire, Blue Bannisters, Sweet Carolina) that cover those exact themes and which are the only "true" BB songs, because they were clearly meant for the album in the context of the announced themes. From that point, I speculate that for some reason she either did not have enough material that covers these topics to arrange it into a full LP, or she decided not to continue in that direction for personal reasons. The issue with the latter is that ultimately she did continue writing in this direction for Ocean Blvd, so I honestly think she probably just wasnt sure back during the BB era of writing or just needed more time. Anyway, to make up for this lack of material and time, she decided to drop some random unreleased songs just because she liked them and because she probably was still liking the idea of releasing an album comprised of unreleased songs, which she mentioned back in 2017. Because even the relatively recent songs like Black Bathing Suit and Beautiful (?) were outtakes. And now, in the Ocean Blvd era, the rest of her Blue Bannisters era/style writing was finally completed and thus she dropped Fingertips, which definitely sounds like a BB outtake and other songs about her family. Maybe she had a writing block on the topic of her family, which resolved after she started writing her memoirs or smth. Pure speculation. 

ANYWAY, the point is that I do not think it is fair to call BB an album, when it is essentially a mixtape. And because 70 percent of BB is random outtakes from 3+ eras, most of which were left musically unchanged, I do not think we should use BB era as any sort of reference for her future musical direction or as part of her evolution, because it isn't. It is actually what sets Ocean Blvd apart, which is that unlike Blue Bannisters, some of her songs from Ocean Blvd, which are thematically identical to the themes of the core BB songs, were actually adapted to suit the record and not just dropped as is.

Ok now this was the best spill that ive seen on lb. Blue banisters is really really messy and its her worst work

9 hours ago, honeymooncd said:

Like the first half is:

BTD 

Paradise

UV 

Honeymoon

LFL

And the sec half is:

NFR

COCC

BB

Tunnel

i feel it is
Lana Del Ray a.k.a. Lizzy Grant

Born to Die
Paradise

Ultraviolence
Honeymoon
Lust for Life

Norman Fucking Rockwell!
Chemtrails Over the Country Club
Blue Banisters
Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd? as most strong and closing for the sound in this row,
and then id expect something drastically new, wouldnt mind of going in somewhere in style of Taco Truck latino inspiration sound, but then im ready for everything because i was so scared for Ocean Blvd that it would be a strong continuation of the past 3 albums but she proved that she can continue do everything she wants and snitch with this and it rather some kind of a transition album for me

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

i remember someone was wondering about queen of disaster 320 kbps and this is what i could find about it, this is when OG file of it was leakedUEFnLkykMtg.jpg?size=805x371&quality=96& that lead to the link that isnt available for me http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/iwzpbz4o/file.html but it contained this file https://krakenfiles.com/view/BTuoK4e7bu/file.html that is 128 so indeed this is the highest quality available to us

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

8 hours ago, tienmej said:

I think the backstory of BB is even messier than what you described, TBH. Not that it’s a bad album at all but it’s true that it’s not super cohesive. 
lustforlife mentioned that this album happened by accident : she was working on her cover album and she got inspired to record new songs… which turned into many new songs, thus tossing aside the covers. At that point, she seems to have wanted to « tell her story » through these new tunes and unreleased from passed eras (the RCS post she did on CoCC’s release day or the next). BoZ also stated that the track list changed a lot during its creation and the more she recorded, the more unreleased songs got pushed aside, leaving only some on BB. The other factor we cant rule out but that I don’t know where to put in BB’s timeline is Barrie asking her to put Riverside on his album and she asked permission for four songs they did together to be put on BB and the cover album… 

Anyways, I’m glad OB got a bigger sound and I sure hope LDR10 will follow that, with some experimentation / alternative sounds

To me it is --

Born to Die

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Lust for Life (this one being a transition)

Norman

Chemtrails

Blue Banisters

Ocean Blvd (this one being another transition, I hope)

16 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

To me it is --

Born to Die

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Lust for Life (this one being a transition)

Norman

Chemtrails

Blue Banisters

Ocean Blvd (this one being another transition, I hope)

The only one I've seen so far that actually makes sense