Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

I wonder if Lana knows when her songs leak

Cuz if she saw our reactions, she might re-evaluate what kind of music to release

although she probably doesn't care and would just be annoyed at us lol

Cuz if she saw our reactions, she might re-evaluate what kind of music to release

She knows because she is the one who leak.  :quote:

Mmeow~

I don’t think it weighs in very much on the direction of an on-going album. However, she should realize we are dying for some sort of compilation. True, now all of LB has those songs lol, but the GP doesn’t, most of the time. The success of Queen of Disaster on TikTok should have her re-evaluate a possible compilation; she already has so many songs perfect as is, and she could finally make some money out of those.

I don’t think it weighs in very much on the direction of an on-going album. However, she should realize we are dying for some sort of compilation. True, now all of LB has those songs lol, but the GP doesn’t, most of the time. The success of Queen of Disaster on TikTok should have her re-evaluate a possible compilation; she already has so many songs perfect as is, and she could finally make some money out of those.

i forgot where i saw/read this but Queen of disaster being officially released woulve pulled big numbers in chart and $$$  for her and interscope all bc of the ticki-toko app

I'd like to think so but there is more to it than simply wanting to release the music. The first result for Serial Killer has 29 million views on YouTube - that has more views than some of the videos on her own channel. Considering how she knows it's a crowd favourite and sings it and says "REMEMBER THIS ONE" before performances, I don't think she seems to care about reactions or what music she wants to be official available. 

3lfQEhw.png

anyone remember the song reveal in the beginning? did we ever find out which song it is?

I really wish she would do something with that intro, the melody is gorgeous enough to have it's own separate song 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I’m glad you mentioned Joni Mitchell here! During the Vietnam War there was anti-war protests everywhere. Joni did not really agree with all that because she wanted to be supportive of the troops. She knew people who were over there. She did not fully embrace the counter-culture of the time.

I remember Joni saying that too, acknowledging that, some time ago. 'Woodstock' was her response. 

I want Lana to return to her old pop sound...

She can really outsell many of these shit music that's on the charts now.

Like. I TALK to Jesus. Or Never Let me Go. ..

Something with a 80s upbeat production.

I HATE this idea for Lana - we don't need Lana Rey Jepsen.

Check your calendar because i'm pretty sure this isn't 2012

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I HATE this idea for Lana - we don't need Lana Rey Jepsen.

I actually was thinking about this the other day, what's next for her after COCC, and with pop getting a resurgence with disco sounds like Dua Lipa, The Weeknd and Kylie Minogue, I was thinking how much would she kill that sound if she put a little bit of effort

Something like Meet Me In the Pale Moonlight, Idk, it would be interesting to see her experiment with those sounds, especially since the closest to upbeat modern Lana songs we've gotten are LFL and Doin' Time aka her best cover

I'm not asking for her to pull a Carly Rae Jepsen's EMOTION, because that would be too hard, to reach that level of majesty, but a little sax, strings and upbeat synth wouldn't hurt her  :teehee:

8nl2OpX.png

last time she tried to make a mainstream pop album you all hated it so..

I still love LFL! for sure it's not her best effort but it's not a bad record at all, period, I think I'm the only stan of the title track on this site tho :rip:

That's what I meant with her putting effort tho It's not the genre that is bad, it's just the material, Future Nostalgia and EMOTION for example are still one of the best albums of 2020 and 2015 respectively, not because the genre is  pop it means that it is of bad quality

8nl2OpX.png

I still love LFL! for sure it's not her best effort but it's not a bad record at all, period, I think I'm the only stan of the title track on this site tho :rip:

That's what I meant with her putting effort tho It's not the genre that is bad, it's just the material, Future Nostalgia and EMOTION for example are still one of the best albums of 2020 and 2015 respectively, not because the genre is  pop it means that it is of bad quality

Nan, the makes two of us ;) 

I love Lana when she is madly in love, and the title track of LFL gives me that. I hope WHF is in that vein.

It's tough to make good pop that doesn't sound soulless, and LFL achieved it IMO. No, it wasn't the spacey - witchy sound or soulful lyrics the demos were about, but let's be honest that after HM, even if I love it with all of my heart, we needed her to shake things up a bit and have a more diverse sound with bigger production.