Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

16 minutes ago, drugsdesire said:

lana's baby voice will probably never make a comeback but i really wish it would

'cause it's one for the money wooh-ooh

two for thatย show-OoOhoOoH

I love you honeeee-eeey

I'm fine, I'm readyyy to go

:defeated:

18 minutes ago, drugsdesire said:

lana's baby voice will probably never make a comeback but i really wish it would

Donโ€™t worry we can pitch her songs, chipmunk Lana isnโ€™t dead just yetย ย 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, bored said:

I know I'm complaining about the lack of info this era but like... It's no wonder Norman felt kinda dead on arrival for me. I guess there's some element of mystery (maybe a little too much haha) when it comes to the Chemtrails release.

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell (a snippet was released officially ahead of album - as part of album trailer)
  2. Mariners Apartment Complex (released officially ahead of album)
  3. Venice Bitch (released officially ahead of album)
  4. Fuck It, I Love You (released officially ahead of album)
  5. Doin' Time (released officially ahead of album)
  6. Love Song (a snippet was teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  7. Cinnamon Girl (multiple snippets were teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  8. How To Disappear (a snippet was teased via Instagram and the song performed live, in full, ahead of album)
  9. California (a snippet was teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  10. The Next Best American Record (demo leaked in full ahead of album)
  11. The Greatest (released officially ahead of album)
  12. Bartender
  13. Happiness Is A Butterfly (multiple snippets were teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  14. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have (released officially ahead of album)

I get where you're coming from, having some element of mystery adds up to the hype and satisfaction of listening to a record for the first time ever. With Ultraviolence we had half the first record out (sans Cruel World). Honeymoon was a good example of secrecy; I'll never forget the leak recorded through a potato, thanks to some randomย store playing it.

NFR! was just a mess. No anticipation! I hope it's all a release surprise, with no snippets at all, except the single(s).

25 minutes ago, americangothic said:

I get where you're coming from, having some element of mystery adds up to the hype and satisfaction of listening to a record for the first time ever. With Ultraviolence we had half the first record out (sans Cruel World). Honeymoon was a good example of secrecy; I'll never forget the leak recorded through a potato, thanks to some randomย store playing it.

NFR! was just a mess. No anticipation! I hope it's all a release surprise, with no snippets at all, except the single(s).

That wasnโ€™t a random store! It was a planned deal where all Urban outfitters stores in the US played the record early!

5 minutes ago, fucksforever said:

omg i forgot about honeymoon leaking via urban outfitters... my first album cycle as a whole stan. i really miss those days.

It wasnโ€™t really a leak as it was plannedย 

3 minutes ago, CruelViolet said:

It wasnโ€™t really a leak as it was plannedย 

Yeah unlike NFR when all of the following "accidental" leaks occurred:

1. FIILY (or was it TG?) was put up on Google like a week early

2. the FIILY/TG mv was put up early, people recorded it, and then her team realised and took it doen

3. Some French site put up the entire track list, with snippets, early

4. Cassette Girl leaked the entire album in lq

5. Some other guy got the CD early and leaked it early in hq

Oh yeah and she "leaked" VB and MAC a year before to cover up for the Israel debacle

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

Yeah unlike NFR when all of the following "accidental" leaks occurred:

1. FIILY (or was it TG?) was put up on Google like a week early

2. the FIILY/TG mv was put up early, people recorded it, and then her team realised and took it doen

3. Some French site put up the entire track list, with snippets, early

4. Cassette Girl leaked the entire album in lq

5. Some other guy got the CD early and leaked it early in hq

Oh yeah and she "leaked" VB and MAC a year before to cover up for the Israel debacle

I remember being already late from my lunch break in my hot car driving back to work, seeing google play had TG for sale early - frantically making an account and finding my iTunes password to download itโ€™sย app, then putting it on repeat. Good Times!

IMG-3521.jpg

6 hours ago, bored said:

I know I'm complaining about the lack of info this era but like... It's no wonder Norman felt kinda dead on arrival for me. I guess there's some element of mystery (maybe a little too much haha) when it comes to the Chemtrails release.

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell (a snippet was released officially ahead of album - as part of album trailer)
  2. Mariners Apartment Complex (released officially ahead of album)
  3. Venice Bitch (released officially ahead of album)
  4. Fuck It, I Love You (released officially ahead of album)
  5. Doin' Time (released officially ahead of album)
  6. Love Song (a snippet was teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  7. Cinnamon Girl (multiple snippets were teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  8. How To Disappear (a snippet was teased via Instagram and the song performed live, in full, ahead of album)
  9. California (a snippet was teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  10. The Next Best American Record (demo leaked in full ahead of album)
  11. The Greatest (released officially ahead of album)
  12. Bartender
  13. Happiness Is A Butterfly (multiple snippets were teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  14. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have (released officially ahead of album)

Oh you can add to that, like 2ย seconds of Bartender was in Chuck's instagram story before release ?

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch-ย Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

The sound at the beginning of salvatore sounds like mulholland drive whenever they went through that blue box thing

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

ย 

Well 6 years later, I'm finally appreciating Is This Happiness. I never disliked it. It just was always forgettable for me. Now I heard it once a few days ago and can't get it out of my head.ย :wub:

ย ย Itโ€™s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

She just followed someone, and whenever she does that she uploads sth, I checked her previously. So today is the day of a new Instagram post, probably irrelevantย 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey,ย be the first who ever did]

Remembering that time lana told us about the book she was gonna write about the paranoid and doomed starlet who died in her pool.ย 
ย 

Yet another unfulfilled promise that wouldโ€™ve been dope. I wouldโ€™ve bought that book.ย 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

31 minutes ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

Remembering that time lana told us about the book she was gonna write about the paranoid and doomed starlet who died in her pool.ย 
ย 

Yet another unfulfilled promise that wouldโ€™ve been dope. I wouldโ€™ve bought that book.ย 

Imagine if Lana made a conceptย albumย dedicated to the starlet who died andย  idea is that she possesses Lana's soul and the title of the album is called "The Revenge of Lana Del Rey".

It's not really Lana but the starlet's spirit living inside of her.

The sound of the album is a Les Baxter-esque cinematic masterpiece with chilling guitars and jewelleryย box sounds with some 1930'sย jazzย elements.ย 

:suicide:

Kinda like this sound

ย 

โ™กย ย standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heavenย โ™ก

5 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Imagine if Lana made a conceptย albumย dedicated to the starlet who died andย  idea is that she possesses Lana's soul and the title of the album is called "The Revenge of Lana Del Rey".

It's not really Lana but the starlet's spirit living inside of her.

The sound of the album is a Les Baxter-esque cinematic masterpiece with chilling guitars and jewelleryย box sounds with some 1930'sย jazzย elements.ย 

:suicide:

I want that

I needย  that

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย 

8 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

i dont get the hatred of longer song titles ย Its better than generic one word titlesย 

ย 

the only ridiculous one was hope and itโ€™s not like that line isnโ€™t repeated in the song

yes like when the world was at war we kept dancing is a beautiful title

idk why this bothers people so much, I think it's more original

1.jpgย  3.jpgย ย 2.jpgย