Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, katebusho said:

did yall see this?

https://dbree.org/v/c6a4ef

16 minutes ago, spencertmartin said:

okay those sound like lana lyrics to me but I dont believe them. gives me cinnamon girl fake lyrics vibes.

methamphetamines 

methamphetamines 

methamphetamines 

They do sound like Lana lyrics ? also not sure if I believe them tho. Cain's Ballroom, I had to look that up. A historic music venue located in... Tulsa, OK. Does anyone know where Lana & Sean met? Assuming the lyrics are real, that would be 2 songs with Tulsa references in them. Maybe COCC will be her Southern inspired album after all. Of course, those lyrics could just be fake trash ?‍♂️

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

off topic ive been thinking how does interscope still take her ideas. Lana says no promo, idgaf about sales, radio, catchy songs, #1 albums, grammys and they just agree? i would understand if she was their biggest artist who makes the biggest income but they have Billie, Dua, Lady Gaga who for sure make more than Lana. Just wondering why they agree with her requests. they should be the ones dictating terms

9 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

off topic ive been thinking how does interscope still take her ideas. Lana says no promo, idgaf about sales, radio, catchy songs, #1 albums, grammys and they just agree? i would understand if she was their biggest artist who makes the biggest income but they have Billie, Dua, Lady Gaga who for sure make more than Lana. Just wondering why they agree with her requests. they should be the ones dictating terms

Last month I think she did an interview with her managers for some management magazine or something and they pretty much said she is 100% free to do whatever she wants. I'm sure her contract is some kind of free-will fest :deadbanana:I'm really glad about it.

26 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

The « compromise » is probably that she tours (well not this year obviously), which is now the main way of bringing in big bucks. In a tour-free situation, I guess she can pull off anything she wants. 
interscope sure isn’t worried about her not going back to the studio for recording, which can be a problem with some artists. I guess that « helps » her gain some freedom with them. 

On 8/14/2020 at 9:10 PM, Mer Boy said:

I want Mariners to be “I’m the bolt the lighting the thunder” instead “board” wth does “board” even mean and what’s it gotta do with the lighting and thunder?

entered on this thread to relax and instead got more stressed omg... i still sang it as bolt

12 minutes ago, World At War said:

entered on this thread to relax and instead got more stressed omg... i still sang it as bolt

The 'board' is referring to the deck of the ship that is lashed by the weather (the 'lightning' and 'thunder'). It is saying that she is a paradox - simultaneously the potential to be both the steady ship at sea, but also the unpredictable weather that can ravage it. The lyrics question why she can't be both, and argues people are able to change depending on the people they want or need to be ('I fucked up, I know that but Jesus . . ' + 'Who I am is a big-time believer that people can change') with a sense of arresting potential ('Are you ready for it?').

You can connect other paradoxes like these across the song (another example saying that she is 'the darkness, the deepness' of the sea, but also has the ability to guide with 'You lose your way, just take my hand'). 

3lfQEhw.png

On 8/15/2020 at 2:10 AM, Mer Boy said:

I want Mariners to be “I’m the bolt the lighting the thunder” instead “board” wth does “board” even mean and what’s it gotta do with the lighting and thunder?

I think she means that she can be the board to which the castaway clings in the middle of the sea and, at the same time, she can be the lighting and the thunder, as in the storm which caused the shipwreck in the first place.

That's just how i read it tho, I'm probably wrong :hoe:

Lanarat.png

2 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

The 'board' is referring to the deck of the ship that is lashed by the weather (the 'lightning' and 'thunder'). It is saying that she is a paradox - simultaneously the potential to be both the steady ship at sea, but also the unpredictable weather that can ravage it. The lyrics question why she can't be both, and argues people are able to change depending on the people they want or need to be ('I fucked up, I know that but Jesus . . ' + 'Who I am is a big-time believer that people can change') with a sense of arresting potential ('Are you ready for it?').

You can connect other paradoxes like these across the song (another example saying that she is 'the darkness, the deepness' of the sea, but also has the ability to guide with 'You lose your way, just take my hand'). 

Ugh, our minds! :oprah2:

Lanarat.png

Those COCC lyrics are embarrassing. She'd never write that line including the word "snort", for example ... it's not elegant or abstract in any way. 

Try harder, impersonators. 

ETA: "It"s better to have lost love" or whatever is just one of her poems re-worded and re-ordered. Mess.  

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Those COCC lyrics are embarrassing. She'd never write that line including the word "snort", for example ... it's not elegant or abstract in any way. 

She said snort in Florida kilos

6 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

ETA: "It"s better to have lost love" or whatever is just one of her poems re-worded and re-ordered. Mess.  

YOU SNORT IT LIKE A CHAMP

Just now, Lustformoney said:

She said snort in Florida kilos

Right, but there's been some growth since then, both personally and lyrically. Plus, it was integrated into that song whereas someone has just placed this in the "chorus" because they couldn't think of anything else. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just now, RormanNockwell said:

Yes I didn't say she wouldn't write A line including "snort", I said she wouldn't write THAT line. 

COME ON DOWN TO FLORIDA, I GOT SOMETHIN' FOR YA WE COULD SEE THE KILOS OR THE KEYS BABY OHHHH YEAH