Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

WOW I had an entire dream about how we were all trying to solve the mysteries of Arcadia on here and basically, I order at McDonald's and the bag says "Arcadia" on it and I freak out in the dream, realizing that all along it was some secret key to ordering the right stuff at McDick's :hdu:

:crossed:

15 minutes ago, Venice said:

WOW I had an entire dream about how we were all trying to solve the mysteries of Arcadia on here and basically, I order at McDonald's and the bag says "Arcadia" on it and I freak out in the dream, realizing that all along it was some secret key to ordering the right stuff at McDick's :hdu:

:crossed:

it's a sign

lana's mcdonald's campaign coming soon :hype:

I remember reading around Q4TC era that people were mad about Lana Del Rey as a stage name because it's.. fetishizing? racist? or whatever. I find nothing racist about that because her stage name does sound more catchy than Elizabeth Grant. It's show business. For example, people in my Slavic country sometimes have a stage names that sounds more English, Latin or Italian like Teodora -> Tea, Andjela -> Angellina. Idk why they do that because they're not trying to make it internationally but that happens in other languages and people have a reason for it. I would do the same in their shoes because I don't have a catchy name either. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

23 minutes ago, shady said:

I remember reading around Q4TC era that people were mad about Lana Del Rey as a stage name because it's.. fetishizing? racist? or whatever. I find nothing racist about that because her stage name does sound more catchy than Elizabeth Grant. It's show business. For example, people in my Slavic country sometimes have a stage names that sounds more English, Latin or Italian like Teodora -> Tea, Andjela -> Angellina. Idk why they do that because they're not trying to make it internationally but that happens in other languages and people have a reason for it. I would do the same in their shoes because I don't have a catchy name either. 

I think that some people got mad because she said that it sounded exotic. I don't think that exotic have a bad meaning, but I'm not american so I cannot speak for them

I found this American article that explains why it's wrong: https://www.thelamron.com/posts/2018/11/8/exotic-is-offensive-wrongly-objectifies-non-white-people

But I don't know if this applies to other countries that use the same word

On 8/8/2021 at 3:31 AM, SolveEtCoagula said:

For Spanish speakers:

This youtuber does amazing videos about Lana's albums and evolution as an artist. She explains the themes of Born To Die and Ultraviolence, among other things, and it made me realize things about songs that I have listening for years now...

Highly recommend watching her videos!

https://youtube.com/channel/UCnuNX_6HOM8PC7mOq1uqOWA 

This is great. Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, BluebirdXO said:

I think that some people got mad because she said that it sounded exotic. I don't think that exotic have a bad meaning, but I'm not american so I cannot speak for them

I found this American article that explains why it's wrong: https://www.thelamron.com/posts/2018/11/8/exotic-is-offensive-wrongly-objectifies-non-white-people

But I don't know if this applies to other countries that use the same word

I've heard about that but the point is that Lana's image couldn't be more white American and there's nothing exotic about it except her name. Her image literally screams "I've never vacationed outside of America". Even if she went by Svetlana and Anastasia I wouldn't care less because it's not like she's pretending she's a different ethnicity like Bhad Bhabie and other trailer trash. 

On 8/12/2021 at 2:14 PM, Moon River said:

The Larina era was truly the worst time to be a Lana stan.

0e6c0f009b46f0c1c40574bkxq.jpg

Why? I was in middle school so I have no idea. What I know that the early to mid 2010s were peak of alt pop and alt rock (besides the 90s). 

I wish we knew more about her life before fame. Like her whole life before BTD release. I know I have no right to that info obviously but I want it so bad tbh. 

On 8/12/2021 at 8:14 AM, Moon River said:

The Larina era was truly the worst time to be a Lana stan.

0e6c0f009b46f0c1c40574bkxq.jpg

This was an iconic moment in American history 

1 hour ago, urgirl said:

I wish we knew more about her life before fame. Like her whole life before BTD release. I know I have no right to that info obviously but I want it so bad tbh. 

This was an iconic moment in American history 

I usually don't give a shit about celebrities' past but Lana is one of those who definitely have an interesting past. I imagine her being like Serena Van Der Woodsen in her New York and boarding school days based on what she describes herself in Carmen etc. 

Hey guys! I’m craving an album with strong piano and guitar elements! Can somebody recommend something (Would prefer something older but latest stuff is okay as well)?

Or something in the vein of O Children by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. 

Lana’s gonna release BB sooner if you’ll help me. :creepna3:

giphy.gif

I imagine Lana following a Kate Bush career trajectory and... I'm okay with that.

Kate released many albums in the '80s, including Hounds Of Love, a very impactful record. Then she released The Red Shoes in 1993 and it was received not that great and after that, Kate stopped doing shows and making music for 12 years. She made a comeback in 2005, then another in 2011, and played her last concert in 2014. I think Lana will do the same thing. 

Lana made a lot of albums in the '10s, Born To Die is very impactful and NFR! is very acclaimed, she established herself as an icon at this point. I think Blue Banisters will be her The Red Shoes, aka her last album for years, and the album that will make her fanbase divisive. She will live a normal life after, maybe have a kid, and only after a long period, she will return with another great record. No shows/tours either. 

10 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Lana made a lot of albums in the '10s, Born To Die is very impactful and NFR! is very acclaimed, she established herself as an icon at this point. I think Blue Banisters will be her The Red Shoes, aka her last album for years, and the album that will make her fanbase divisive. She will live a normal life after, maybe have a kid, and only after a long period, she will return with another great record. No shows/tours either

Disagree 100%. She’s already started creating music with new producers for new projects (such as Mike). She’s not giving any signs of giving up yet. As well, she’s been trying new stuff like the country album with Nikki. 

and what makes you think BB is gonna be received badly? It’s shaping up to sound pretty great. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

55 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

Disagree 100%. She’s already started creating music with new producers for new projects (such as Mike). She’s not giving any signs of giving up yet. As well, she’s been trying new stuff like the country album with Nikki. 

and what makes you think BB is gonna be received badly? It’s shaping up to sound pretty great. 

Not saying the album will be bad, just some fans will love it, and some hate it.