Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

33 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I’m glad to see so much beautiful hate recently

an absolutely DIABOLICAL song. Truly horrifying to listen to. I don’t know if I have ever even finished it after I listened to the album the first time honestly. 

I’m crying at this 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

3 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

it includes only few clips, the whole vid hasn't leaked

well no but the recut version is all we’re gonna get 

still don’t understand why she scrapped it for Ultraviolence. would’ve been gold and she looks soooo pretty 🥰

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

4 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

I was just listening to Beautiful (one of like 6 people in the world I know) and I just realised you can hear the metronome tick in the mix. :eek:

you can also hear a metronome in the beginning of unidentified flying bill :et:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

just need to share my excitement

Spoiler

im probably the only one who cares but whatever

i did find the filming location of Tropico's Bel Air :sluttybunny:thanks to @fl0r1dakil0s and @Elle

It was filmed in Michael D. Antonovich Regional Park at 34°19'30.5"N 118°36'43.7"W

so excited i finally found this after wondering for close to 7 years now where that is

image.png

24 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

just need to share my excitement

Reveal hidden contents

im probably the only one who cares but whatever

i did find the filming location of Tropico's Bel Air :sluttybunny:thanks to @fl0r1dakil0s and @Elle

It was filmed in Michael D. Antonovich Regional Park at 34°19'30.5"N 118°36'43.7"W

so excited i finally found this after wondering for close to 7 years now where that is

Spoiler

this is where all pre-2018 banned LB users went :oopna:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

still don’t understand why she scrapped it for Ultraviolence. would’ve been gold and she looks soooo pretty 🥰

I think her label thought it was too problematic since it's clearly about the Jim Jones cult. Freak doesn't mention "Jim" so they probably thought we wouldn't notice :scoff:

I always thought that it doesn't fit into the Honeymoon era because of the hair & makeup :nails: although the new UV video is iconic too

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

half of the born to die demos are better

the songs themselves are some of her best work but they feel a little overproduced no offense to mr haynie

carmen particularly - the demo might be one of my favorite lana songs and the album version is one of my least favorite lana songs

9 minutes ago, avenue said:

the songs themselves are some of her best work but they feel a little overproduced no offense to mr haynie

carmen particularly - the demo might be one of my favorite lana songs and the album version is one of my least favorite lana songs

I'm kind of in between on BTD because the final versions of a lot of the songs are absolutely incredible, but then there's a few others were I just personally prefer the demo. The only songs on the album where I think the demos are actually better than the final version are Lolita and Dark Paradise. However, the Carmen demo is so heartbreakingly gorgeous so I get preferring that over the final

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, BlueINK said:

I think her label thought it was too problematic since it's clearly about the Jim Jones cult. Freak doesn't mention "Jim" so they probably thought we wouldn't notice :scoff:

I always thought that it doesn't fit into the Honeymoon era because of the hair & makeup :nails: although the new UV video is iconic too

You’re probably right, but the song is already about getting hit by your bf idk why they’d draw the line at a video of her taking LSD lmfao

but yes I always thought the video looked kind of out of place in honeymoon era, you can tell it’s older footage 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

8 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

I’m glad to see so much beautiful hate recently

an absolutely DIABOLICAL song. Truly horrifying to listen to. I don’t know if I have ever even finished it after I listened to the album the first time honestly. 

i don't agree but this description is making me HOWLLL

5 minutes ago, backseat said:

OMFG this reminds me of how in the album version of thunder, the drums bleed into her vocal mic feed at the beginning of the song where they removed the drums from the production… and it’s even worse because they’re off-beat at times to everything else. i cannot listen to that song at all because of it, it’s so awful and it genuinely infuriates me that they didn’t just either re-record it or use the original version

:suicide: I never noticed this.. it's giving "It was just that goood (Fame fame fame)"

18 minutes ago, backseat said:

OMFG this reminds me of how in the album version of thunder, the drums bleed into her vocal mic feed at the beginning of the song where they removed the drums from the production… and it’s even worse because they’re off-beat at times to everything else. i cannot listen to that song at all because of it, it’s so awful and it genuinely infuriates me that they didn’t just either re-record it or use the original version

im so glad i dont have good enough speakers/headphones to notice this :toofunny: so lazy

Do you think Doja still hates Lana? :thumb2:

After qftc the 2 other times she referenced Lana were so random. First while playing GTA she said "Lana Del Rey Lana does Del Rey" (then accidentally crashed her helicopter) and now she was dancing to TFJ but I don't know if she was mocking her or actually feeling it (I know she wasn't dancing seriously ofc) 

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Do you think Doja still hates Lana? :thumb2:

After qftc the 2 other times she referenced Lana were so random. First while playing GTA she said "Lana Del Rey Lana does Del Rey" (then accidentally crashed her helicopter) and now she was dancing to TFJ but I don't know if she was mocking her or actually feeling it (I know she wasn't dancing seriously ofc) 

Did she ever hate Lana? I thought the "gang sunk that dunker" comment meant something like "points were made".

20 hours ago, avenue said:

The Diet Mtn demo Lana uploaded to Youtube herself is soo summery and chill I love it. I actually heard it and the demos for Lolita and TIMWUG before the album versions and was soo disappointed when I listened to BTD the first time oh nOOOO

Because I thought the demos were the album versions :toofloppy:

Same with Rahab, I thought it was the AKA version. It's superior in every way.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

8 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

The Diet Mtn demo Lana uploaded to Youtube herself is soo summery and chill I love it. I actually heard it and the demos for Lolita and TIMWUG before the album versions and was soo disappointed when I listened to BTD the first time oh nOOOO

Because I thought the demos were the album versions :toofloppy:

Same with Rahab, I thought it was the AKA version. It's superior in every way.

if born to die had:

- the diet mtn dew rural demo

- carmen piano demo

- tiwmug peter ibsen demo

- hey lolita hey

- lucky ones rick nowels demo

and didn’t have blue jeans

it would be a perfect album :true: