Elle

[SINGLE] A&W: OUT NOW

12 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

It'sĀ crazy hearing themĀ all back toĀ back like this.. Jack has talked a lot about putting the artists vision first, but at this point it'sĀ obvious he is trying to develop a style where you think of him, Jack Antonoff the producer, before you think of the actual artist imo (very Phil Spector esque minus the drug & gun use)

Some of the girls might wanna considerĀ cutting him out from production duties if they want their soundĀ to stay unique/different. The bleed between prods is too obvious now

Yeah-there was lots during 90s/00s with max Martin-the neptunes but in all fairness i do think the neptunes switched it up a bitĀ 

Can we appreciate the first part? I see everybody marveling at Jimmy and I get it - I love it too but in my humble opinion the first part is better. It's giving dbjag & dtwd for me and I'm here for it

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

Ā 

11 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

Can we appreciate the first part? I see everybody marveling at Jimmy and I get it - I love it too but in my humble opinion the first part is better. It's giving dbjag & dtwd for me and I'm here for it

Yeah the guitar strings and the melodyā€¦. Like????:xcry:

16 minutes ago, ImenaOphelia said:

Ā 

4 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

Yeah the guitar strings and the melodyā€¦. Like????:xcry:

Instant classic. On par with Terrenceā€™s unforgettable and timeless compositionĀ :true:

at this point i'm consciously not paying attention to all the shit on j**k's part bc i know i'll be disappointed to find the similar things he recycles with different artists and it'll bug me forever and i won't be able to listen to lana's songs the same way, kinda like it happened with nfr and coccĀ :awkney2:Ā trying to approach this new album with an open mind and so far i like AW much better than most of those two albums. even though i'm still more excited for songs that aren't produced by jack or at least not by him alone.

I saw a tiktok referring theĀ lyrics ā€œIf I told you that I was raped, do you really think that anybody would think I didn't ask for it?
I didn't ask for it
I won't testify, I already fucked up my story
ā€Ā 

to her experience with Harvey Weinstein. Or maybe sheā€™s referring to someone else, but it made me see this song as way more personal and revealing than I initially thought.Ā 

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

even more. Holy moly

Ā 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I askedĀ Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, LAman said:

I saw a tiktok referring theĀ lyrics ā€œIf I told you that I was raped, do you really think that anybody would think I didn't ask for it?
I didn't ask for it
I won't testify, I already fucked up my story
ā€Ā 

to her experience with Harvey Weinstein. Or maybe sheā€™s referring to someone else, but it made me see this song as way more personal and revealing than I initially thought.Ā 

can people not do this. the lyrics leave a lot to wonder but speculating who it was is gross.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

can people not do this. the lyrics leave a lot to wonder but speculating who it was is gross.

Ā 

when artists release music, they're releasing a piece of art into the world. lana is very aware that people speculate about her lyrics as she constantly has spoken aboutĀ the importance of them and the connection her fansĀ have with them. i really don't think it can ever beĀ wrong to speculate about lyrics, but with sensitive topics like this it (obviously) should be done with tact, which most people here have been able to do. obviously every hardcore fan will speculate about whatĀ she's talking about because we know how much meaning she puts into her lyrics. intent is important

Sheā€™s referenced rape on three occasions-

a short film showing her in the situation, her question speech and now this song-what is interesting is that youā€™d think A&W would take place after her speech- it definitely fits the angrier, more ā€œwhat she wants to sing aboutā€ rhetoric she mentioned.

Perhaps she wasnā€™t readyĀ 

25 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

So sorry, we should just ignore itā€¦

Ā 

this mentality is why things stay hidden, sheā€™s clearly evoking some message, nothing wrong about deciphering it. If you donā€™t like topics about rape and the Harvey Weinstein scandal then get off the internet.

37 minutes ago, Vanilla Icy said:

Also you, and whoever liked this post, areĀ gross too šŸ¤®šŸ¤®šŸ¤®

Hereā€™s the original video for those who careĀ https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRtqATtF/

51 minutes ago, LAman said:

Ā 

this mentality is why things stay hidden, sheā€™s clearly evoking some message, nothing wrong about deciphering it. If you donā€™t like topics about rape and the Harvey Weinstein scandal then get off the internet.

it's not ignoring the issue but we can talk about it while not deducing that harvey weinstein raped her...

1 hour ago, LAman said:

Ā 

I rly don't think she's referring to Harvey. Considering the songs themes, I think it's someone from her childhood/teenĀ years or early adulthood.Ā This isn't an attack against you (because I do understand the curiosity),Ā butĀ I don't think we should speculate further bc the person is likely not linked to herĀ and we shouldn't accuse ppl of doing something so terrible,Ā without any evidence.

6 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Ā 

when artists release music, they're releasing a piece of art into the world. lana is very aware that people speculate about her lyrics as she constantly has spoken aboutĀ the importance of them and the connection her fansĀ have with them. i really don't think it can ever beĀ wrong to speculate about lyrics, but with sensitive topics like this it (obviously) should be done with tact, which most people here have been able to do. obviously every hardcore fan will speculate about whatĀ she's talking about because we know how much meaning she puts into her lyrics. intent is important

yeah people speculating is inevitable and us as fans are allowed to be curious, but that person wasn't even speculating in fact they were claiming that harvey weinstein raped her. like yeah he's a sick person, but it's not even about him,Ā to make such claims is disrespectful to lana,Ā people shouldn'tĀ claim or speculate who a victim's rapist is.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

There is so much to this song - lyrically, musically, production wise - that I feel the need to talk about it to everyone I know, but really all they need to do is listen. I hope this does something in the broader (ie non Lana and non music nerd) world, like Video Games did.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png