x VB

Somerset, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 24th, 2023

On 6/12/2023 at 5:47 PM, Bunbury said:

I really have the same fears for Lana as have been expressed by other posters on this thread.

I live in the UK too, and I love Lana's music ( well most of it ), she is very special.

I have to say what I've seen on YouTube of her concerts in Brazil really worries me.

Are the sound problems down to technical issues or are they down to her lack of voice strength now?

She seems to be  being drowned out by her backing singers, or are they covering up for her lack of volume?

I hate to say anything critical about her because I've loved her music since I heard her Paradise album years ago.

I hope she drops the M. Monroe nonsense at the start, it just seems amateurish and prone to things going wrong. (SORRY)

I remember her first performance at Glastonbury, wearing that iconic dress ,  she looked so cool  and her voice was great!!!!!

I just want other people to see and hear her at her very  best.

I must say I am not too keen on her vocals at the Glastonbury 2014 performance from what I have heard, especially compared to the NFR tour in Sacramento vocals. So I think she has improved a lot over the years. I only think festivals (less test/exercising possibilities) and huge concerts with loud music and crowds are a general problem, as singers (with probably less loud voices) can often hardly hear themselves. I think she should better do smaller gigs with not too many instruments as background music, so she has more control. 

It was expensive watch it 

On 6/13/2023 at 4:22 AM, ShadesOfViolence said:

The dancers was not it .. please take them away:awkney:

Yeah look I get that people are dismissive of the criticism because they think it's bandwagony, but the dancers truly don't add anything. 

The choreography is not interesting; in a way I think they cheapen the performance

It's just run of the mill styling and choreo you find in any dance studio and it's a bore 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Just wondering.. BBC will live stream.. but she’s not on main stage, so which channel will the stream go to? Or will it be iplayer? I don’t usually watch Glasto so unsure what happens normally 

Same here I’m waiting to find out, I don’t watch it because most artists who perform on it are usually absolute shit. Think last time I watched it was when Lana performed in 2014 😅

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

Same here I’m waiting to find out, I don’t watch it because most artists who perform on it are usually absolute shit. Think last time I watched it was when Lana performed in 2014 😅

I’m very much of the same opinion lol.. that’s why I was fuming she was doing it to be honest! I thought, the tickets are sold out before headliners are released.. and never in a million years would I pay to see the people who play Glasto :bebe:

im glad she redeemed herself with BST!

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

27 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Just wondering.. BBC will live stream.. but she’s not on main stage, so which channel will the stream go to? Or will it be iplayer? I don’t usually watch Glasto so unsure what happens normally 

the event is (usually) broadcast over a bunch of bbc channels so im hoping it will be on bbc 2/3 or streamed on iplayer atleast :bebe:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

1 hour ago, ultrabanisters said:

the event is (usually) broadcast over a bunch of bbc channels so im hoping it will be on bbc 2/3 or streamed on iplayer atleast :bebe:

I know.. I technically can’t use iplayer because my no tv license.. think they locate use to house now lol

so hoping it’s streamed on bbc 2/3 so I can use my preloaded fire stick :silly:

S0F1O.gif

8 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Not Lana related, but Arctic monkeys have pulled out for the Friday headline slot.. wonder who they’ll fill the space with 

Omfg i was so lucky to see them on saturday :wowcry:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

28 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Not Lana related, but Arctic monkeys have pulled out for the Friday headline slot.. wonder who they’ll fill the space with 

nooo way! im genuinely so surprised they ended up pulling out! im so glad i saw them in sheffield, i thought the reason they cancelled their dublin gig was so that alex could recover to do glasto! oh my!

lana related / back on topic: she’s gonna slay

Wq9zHLl.jpg

55 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

nooo way! im genuinely so surprised they ended up pulling out! im so glad i saw them in sheffield, i thought the reason they cancelled their dublin gig was so that alex could recover to do glasto! oh my!

lana related / back on topic: she’s gonna slay

I thought for a second they may have bumped Lana up.. but it’s a different day set so unlikely haha 

S0F1O.gif

On 6/19/2023 at 8:33 AM, Olympia said:

I must say I am not too keen on her vocals at the Glastonbury 2014 performance from what I have heard, especially compared to the NFR tour in Sacramento vocals. So I think she has improved a lot over the years. I only think festivals (less test/exercising possibilities) and huge concerts with loud music and crowds are a general problem, as singers (with probably less loud voices) can often hardly hear themselves. I think she should better do smaller gigs with not too many instruments as background music, so she has more control. 

honestly the set wasnt bad it just felt like it needed way more rehearsing so i hope there was a good amount b4 glastonbury or some change bc that crowd seems scary