x VB

Somerset, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 24th, 2023

36 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

I don't like the idea that artists should just do their job. An artist is an artist, give them all the time and freedom they need. The problem here is the strict schedule and rules of the festival. It should be more relaxed and with more buffers.

um… what? what exempts an artist from doing their job? lmao it's their job, they're getting paid like everyone else to do it. actually not like everyone else, they get paid a lot more. if this logic doesn't apply to office workers, retail workers and so on, why should it apply to artists? it's a job period

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

Also I don’t understand why we as fans are supposed to give so much grace to these artists lol. Like this is her job and when you sign up for something like tour/festivals you are expected to show up on time. That is just how it is for everyone’s job and I don’t think Lana gets to be exempt from criticism, especially since she’s making much more money than anyone with a regular job would. I love her and this isn’t gonna stop me being a fan but saying she needs to get her act together and put on the show that people paid a lot of money to see is not dramatic. :bebe:

literally like it's one thing with music, because she literally has no responsibility to a. release music every year or b. make a certain type of music because of the fans, but with festivals she's literally signing up for the responsibility of delivering a show on time, with people's money and effort on the line

Finally got around to watching it. Thank you to whoever streamed it on Twitch!

Things I loved:

1. The audio. The mic was actually ON. I don’t understand why livestream events have constant trouble with audio. The band sounded great. Her vocals slayed and you can hear how much she’s improved over the years. Love that she now uses actual professional back up singers instead of relying on the recorded backing vocals like she used to. These women sound great! Byron is a king. I love his and Lana’s interactions with each other when they perform Candy Necklace. I still find myself crushing on Blake. The way he plays that guitar…... :creepna:

2. The small backing visual changes: I LOVE the inclusion of the Lizzy Grant visuals. It’s fitting for this tour (and please keep them if there’s going to be an actual tour for Ocean Blvd) because it feels like a full circle moment. I didn’t like how random the clips were on the last two shows. The way they were arranged and edited this time felt more put together. Like during the Ride Monologue?! OH MY LORD. I’m usually neutral about that portion of her concert, but the chronological visuals made an impact on me. I got emotional this time. :krylie:

3. The camerawork. Why did the lighting and set design look better at this show?! The closeup of her face during the Ride monologue = gorgeous. The way the show doesn’t look like it was recorded on a potato = I can actually see and appreciate what they’re doing on stage… at least Glastonbury got that right too.

4. The costume change was quick this time. The last time was ridiculous. It needs to be less than 3 minutes. It didn’t drag on for this show, so I hope it means they’ve improved their strategy for it.

5. The choreography. :troll: IDC WHAT U ALL SAY ABOUT THEM- I LOVE THE DANCERS. I used to be a hater when her two main dancers first appeared, but I got used to them and loved their inclusion over the years. I was surprised she brought on more dancers this time around, but I ended up impressed?!?! :defeated: I’M SORRY, but the girlies were serving for me. Especially during Bartender. I love the song and the performance during it. I love how extra the dancers are during the BTD songs.  :sass: I’ll give you one point though… I can agree with the rest of you that the running before UV is unnecessary and I still don’t like it after seeing it up close in high quality. Why is there an interlude before UV, anyway? :horror2:

Things I hated:

1. She was late. Again. :crossed:

2. Young & Beautiful. I don’t get the song placement and the drapery they add to her dress for 10 seconds. I want Dealer to come after A&W so badly. :noparty:

3. She wanted to cut Venice Bitch. I love the NFR songs too much. Imagine cutting off your recent iconic songs more often than songs that have been on your set list for YEARS. At least give us Taco Truck x VB as a closer. :crai:

4. They cut off her mic:deadbanana: It is her fault though. Lmao The crowd singing Video Games was cute. I’m glad some fans got to see her up close at the end. I gotta ask the UK fans, has Glastonbury done that to any artist before? It was so abrupt, but I get it I guess. Please, Lana get there on time. I’m used to her being late. She usually was 30 minutes late when I saw her and I didn’t mind it. Shit happens tbh. But I felt bad this time around for fans because these are festival shows. I don’t get why she was almost an hour late last time. I’m never going to a festival because I know how harsh the conditions can be when trying to get a good spot to see your favorite artist. But I get that for some people in other countries, it’s probably their only way to see her. At the very least, she should make the effort to get there early to start on time.

Anyway, overall I can tell she’s been improving. This is my favorite performance so far. It reminded me how much I admire her work. Hopefully she won’t be late next time. :rollin:

5 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

Some of you guys need to realize that it’s okay to criticize your favorite artists, they mess up and it doesn’t make you less of a fan to call them out

True but also some people are acting like if we don’t criticise her for this then we must be forcing ourselves.. being late is not an exclusively Lana thing. While I don’t support her being late, I have a bigger issue with Glasto acting like proper cunts not even letting her say bye to the fans properly while other artists were still playing.. if you apply your rules selectively then you are an arsehole. 

14 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

True but also some people are acting like if we don’t criticise her for this then we must be forcing ourselves.. being late is not an exclusively Lana thing. While I don’t support her being late, I have a bigger issue with Glasto acting like proper cunts not even letting her say bye to the fans properly while other artists were still playing.. if you apply your rules selectively then you are an arsehole. 

I fully agree, some people are way overreacting to this whole situation. Cutting Lana off without a goodbye was a bad move that was extremely disappointing to many fans. I think some people are forgetting tho that instead of be all upset or moody, Lana literally sang a another song acapella and then greeted tons of fans in the audience, literally the entire front row. Lana happened a crappy situation really well, even if she put herself in that situation 

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

Also I don’t understand why we as fans are supposed to give so much grace to these artists lol. Like this is her job and when you sign up for something like tour/festivals you are expected to show up on time. That is just how it is for everyone’s job and I don’t think Lana gets to be exempt from criticism, especially since she’s making much more money than anyone with a regular job would. I love her and this isn’t gonna stop me being a fan but saying she needs to get her act together and put on the show that people paid a lot of money to see is not dramatic. :bebe:

i guess i just understand, because she doesn’t want to be a performer circus monkey, but she still wants to create. in the current music industry this is a bit of a predicament. i can relate to that feeling so it’s easy for me to give her grace. but i’d also never spend a fortune on an artist’s performance or stand there waiting for hours so 🤷‍♀️

8 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Baby, you're making me crazier than I am
So lately, I've been taking my violets, my oranges, my reds
Take the gun and put it to my head
So I forget, so I just forget again
You make me forget again, yeah

i thought I posted this in the favourite unreleased lyrics thread :toofunny: wtf is wrong with me

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

22 minutes ago, rocknrollgroupie said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct5G8OGoNEu/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Who tf is Naomi Grant:wtf3:

LMAO never mind it’s the girl from the Chemtrails music video I didn’t even knew they were related. Imagine being that lucky

Archive in case we need this in 2042 :oic2:/people who don't like clicking links

Naomi (Noami) Banjo Grant TikTok comment Archive:

Noami-Grant-Tik-Tok-comment.jpg

1 hour ago, jaesana said:

Being unable to criticize your fave is unhealthy and we have to as fans call out bad behavior. Especially when it affects fans and festival workers. Nobody is perfect and we can acknowledge that.

warrior moment 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, LanaBalkana said:

1 hour ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I fully agree, some people are way overreacting to this whole situation. Cutting Lana off without a goodbye was a bad move that was extremely disappointing to many fans. I think some people are forgetting tho that instead of be all upset or moody, Lana literally sang an another song acapella and then greeted tons of fans in the audience, literally the entire front row. Lana happened a crappy situation really well, even if she put herself in that situation 

Yeah I can also agree with this, while Lana put herself in that situation, I still think Glastonbury should’ve let her properly end the show