Elle

San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands - August 12th, 2023

14 minutes ago, Doll Harlow said:

haven't watched yet but why are the comments so negative :rip:

Because ofc it gets boring at some point to us watching from our beds through shitty livestreams. The show was normal she sounded good. Cut off a few songs and there was no surprise as teased earlier by ricardo or Byron whatever 

-

I think she actually sounded better than usual today

Tbf I didn’t actually watch this one as was way too early in the morning for me, but.. even if I don’t watch I really like to rush and see her fit when I wake up.. was disappointed it was the same (and if it isn’t, it looks nigh on identical) 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

1 hour ago, Elle said:

I just know she's removed Candy Necklace from the setlist to spite us for not watching the video :omfg2:

It's not even on the printed list anymore. I do hope she adds it back though. I really loved hearing it performed, and it's nice to have more than just 3 songs from the latest record on the setlist x

I guess it's because it is more a calm song and does not have the right vibes or energy for the show 

just came back from the show. I gotta say; seeing her live is something else. And although the setlist could be better , it’s good    enough for her to shine :) 

can’t wait to see her again on tuesday and wednesday in mexico! 

1 hour ago, Lanaspoisonivy said:

yes she's like you didn't appreciate the video, I'm not giving you the song then:thumb3:
it's even funnier to think the day she removed it it got nominated in the VMAS for two categories. She hasn't even mentioned it lmao 

she's done with these campaigning :thumb3: 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Enco said:

Her show starts so strong w her intro and A&W but without songs like cherry and DMD the show just feels like a long piano ballad until she hits the crowd w BJ N Summertime..which is beautiful but not the vibe for a festival 

these could have been replaced by F*** I Love You, Cinnamon Girl, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Dealer, Thunder and hell yeah even Doin' Time :hooker: just sayin'

giphy.gif

She looked beautiful and great, I love the dress so much. It was the same Lolla dress right? It's my favorite one, so stunning. :flutter:

I'm still happy by the facts that Hope is on the setlist and Ocean Blvd is the closer. These songs deserve that. I'm kinda sad that she didn't sing Cherry because it's my favorite live performance songs but I'm kinda glad that she didn't sing Born To Die and Diet Mountain Dew hahah, while I love these songs, they are kind of worn out in live shows. She could easily replace these with songs from her newer albums.

I think that the vocals were amazing as always. Her vocals have always slayed in this festival tour.

What was the surprise though? Was it a false hope and a false promise? When i was the photo of her and Joan Baez's granddaughter, I though that Joan herself is there too and Lana was going to perform with her. But they didn't...so what was the surprise? Her cutting Cherry, Born To Die and Diet Mountain Dew? :oic2:

Nevertheless, I loved the show but out of all the shows - my favorites are Rio De Janeiro, São Paolo, Newport, Chicago and Arkansas shows. By setlist I love both Brazil + Newport shows - they had brilliant setlist and a perfect show and by "aesthetically" (I mean visually by outfits and stage) I loved the Lollapalooza's Chicago show - it was absolutely gorgeous.

I understand if you're tired and bored that all the shows, dancers and setlists look the same but there's no need to spread the negativity, we've had worse days - like *cough* her cancelling the whole European leg in 2020 *cough* - and most importantly Lana herself is happy about it and enjoys touring around festivals and random places. I think that's the most wonderful part of it. :wub:

url%5D

23 minutes ago, 420cait said:

I'm guessing the show wasn't a serve... no one's moving....

Oh it WAS a serve - I illusioned that Joan Baez crawled up out of the ground, under a chair and onto the stage to sing with Lana, imagined that she sung For K Pt 2, and day-dreamed of a predicted special announcement. 

That was enough fuel me to move like I haven't gotten up from the floor in years. Truly one of the best shows & everyone slept on it because they couldn't convince themselves of their imaginations as hard as I could :smile:

lPqTY1H.jpg

11 minutes ago, lizzyology said:

Oh it WAS a serve - I illusioned that Joan Baez crawled up out of the ground, under a chair and onto the stage to sing with Lana, imagined that she sung For K Pt 2, and day-dreamed of a predicted special announcement. 

That was enough fuel me to move like I haven't gotten up from the floor in years. Truly one of the best shows & everyone slept on it because they couldn't convince themselves of their imaginations as hard as I could :smile:

OKAYYY SPILL

😋🫶🏼

again good critics

Outside Lands 2023: Lana Del Rey’s siren song lures fans away from Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters may have been the main stage headliners on the second day of the Outside Lands festival, but judging by the gravitational tilt of Golden Gate Park it was Lana Del Rey who seemed to have captured the hearts of the festival’s attendees.