Elle

San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands - August 12th, 2023

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Y’all can’t expect every single show to feature a new lineup or a bunch of new songs yall. It probably takes her ages and ages of rehearsing even to just introduce one song to the set

Totally! I generally expect each tour to be unique, but not each show of that tour. If you have a show 4 days apart and you’re traveling during that time when would you rehearse? Broadway shows will run unchanged for decades like Phantom of the Opera and it works because videos aren’t allowed. If you’re bored, don’t watch videos of it before you see the show 

4 minutes ago, wipeout said:

Totally! I generally expect each tour to be unique, but not each show of that tour. If you have a show 4 days apart and you’re traveling during that time when would you rehearse? Broadway shows will run unchanged for decades like Phantom of the Opera and it works because videos aren’t allowed. If you’re bored, don’t watch videos of it before you see the show 

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Y’all can’t expect every single show to feature a new lineup or a bunch of new songs yall. It probably takes her ages and ages of rehearsing even to just introduce one song to the set

I guess that Byron supposedly hyping a “surprise” didn’t help either… 

I watched a bit of it last night and she was good. But I think we entered the “fan fatigue” part of the tour, when we’ve heard those songs and seen her outfits / hair, so if there is nothing new at all, not even a small variation on something, we’re going to find the show “boring”. I’m pretty sure that someone who hasn’t watched every venue of this festival tour surely enjoyed this show much more than we did. 

12 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I watched a bit of it last night and she was good. But I think we entered the “fan fatigue” part of the tour, when we’ve heard those songs and seen her outfits / hair, so if there is nothing new at all, not even a small variation on something, we’re going to find the show “boring”. I’m pretty sure that someone who hasn’t watched every venue of this festival tour surely enjoyed this show much more than we did. 

It's really just that. Also, her not performing her more upbeat tracks doesn't help I find. Because despite having choreography and theatrics, her shows remain somewhat low energy, especially last night. :tsk:

At least her vocals are on-point.

14 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

yeah, i have seen some people being surprised when hearing the setlist cause they didn't watch every single show like we did. im sure most of the people that attended the show were really glad, after all it's lana del rey and she's awesome:true:

7 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Justice for Flipside ya’ll MITA Rio was really the show huh :oprah:

i still can’t believe she even did that :toofunny: like omg that was so random…. the gag of it all..

2 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Yeah I think the people that expect a completely new setlist for every date have unrealistic expectations. I still don’t think it’s the right choice to cut some of her more up beat/classic songs to keep a cover and songs like Bartender on the setlist though. Especially for a festival date. It seems like people enjoyed the show overall though which is what matters. 

the erasure of candy necklace is criminal tho :defeated:and the tammy cover made sense for her solo show in arkansas but not for last night

but it is what it is. if all of us were there last night we would have had a blast no matter what

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

ngl yeah a more upbeat set list would be great. I need to hear stuff like Radio, HBTB, Doin Time, Peppers. And stuff that has really gorgeous & lush production like Shades Of Cool or serving vocals like Brooklyn Baby….

And it’s criminal she’s not doing LTLI!

She should let me come up w her set lists :hair:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

5 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

the erasure of candy necklace is criminal tho :defeated:and the tammy cover made sense for her solo show in arkansas but not for last night

but it is what it is. if all of us were there last night we would have had a blast no matter what

Unless this is her way of re-announcing her American Standards & Classics? :dua:

9 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Unless this is her way of re-announcing her American Standards & Classics? :dua:

yeah I'm sure that's what's happening :awkney2:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I don't expect a different setlist for every show, but I'm sure she can sing a different song sometimes... The Arkansas show was interesting because of that Tammy Wynette cover.

It would be iconic if she sings a surprise song keeping the original setlist. Girl, you have 9 albums.

I still love watching every show, it's always exciting. :wub:

I am not against her doing a one cover in shows, like in this show but definitely another song could've been replaced with it. If she starts doing more than one cover (like three covers or something) then I would be disappointed because then she would botch up the setlist. NFR Tour's biggest flaw was that she sang more covers than the songs from NFR (and had like million unknown country singer guests whom she sang with and sang covers of). Like this is not a karaoke bar. It only worked in Hollywood Bowl when she was performing covers of iconic songs.

url%5D