Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

9 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

Caroliiiiiiine, what kind of was she to say I'd end up in institutions?

Hide contents

not actually rly digging this creative choice ngl but it’s not my business:thumb:

it sounds like if a disney princess has censored it :hide:

Like, The Grants and Tunnel are gorgeous. A&W is just a masterpiece on or off the tracklist. The interludes are amazing with Candy Necklace between them (wouldn't be surprised if this entire section becomes a 15 minute long music video.) Kintsugi and Fingertips are like her poetry book joined he shamelessly, and I respect the hell out of how she touches upon death in these two. Paris, Texas is such a gorgeous waltz with her vocals, and I think it may be one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. Grandfather, Let the Light In, and Margaret are so NFR! extensions, and the latter two are growing on me already. The last three are just so effing good on their own, but are so strong together. 

I mainly want to say that Peppers is the right type of dissonance and off-tempo collage sounds that really tickle my brain and I hope to achieve with music I make myself. It's really where I hope top 40 goes in the future. 

"What the fuck's wrong in your head to send me away never to come back? Exotic places & people don't take the place of being your child"

i feel like this line can be applied to both her youth, being sent to boarding school in another town & meeting all these new people/being into party scenes n having thrilling experiences in that sense but also NOW, Lana has all this fame- she's met plenty of interesting people in her lifetime ..other celebrities, some of her own idols (Joan Baez for example), she has tons of money, she's travelled the world, she's been to award shows & won, she's done huge festivals & concerts, yet none of it fills that void or makes up for her upbringing.... nothing would be better than having been loved unconditionally by parents, specifically her mother- it's any human beings most basic need and want in life... this kind of loss is vast and awful, nothing makes up for it

:xcry::krylie::crying4: Lana we love you girl

1 minute ago, Harry Nilsson said:

it sounds like if a disney princess has censored it :hide:

I wish she just censored it in the same way she censored for (Amy) and for (Whitney) in get free, and "...got a (cop) who turned..." in A&W.
I like that being a little motif in her music, that she just blacks out certain words that are too sensitive, like a redacted document.

the starry sparkle vibe over fingertips is too distracting

I wasnt overly blown away on first listen but  I really think you just need to sit and appreciate the body of work there are some BEAUTIFUL melodies and lyrics 

Paris Texas really surprised me I love her voice on that 

#freetoedit #lana#lanadelrey#honeymoon

16 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

Caroliiiiiiine, what kind of was she to say I'd end up in institutions?

Hide contents

not actually rly digging this creative choice ngl but it’s not my business:thumb:

Some people were like "Oh maybe she needed to dial back on the mom shade," which tbh just sounds silly.

But I just had a thought - because they just took out the main vocal (which is why you can still hear "mother" in the underlying harmony beneath the instrumental,) there's honestly a chance that the "censoring" of the word is rather...how do I explain this.

Basically the question answers itself because Lana's saying, no, that wasn't a mother at all. Why even humor the idea that a mother would be the person Lana's mother was to her? Why call her a mother in any way?

I don't know. It's 4 A.M., I'm high. I wish we had the original, BUT for some reason, thinking of it like that... I get it?

7 minutes ago, djurdjura said:

oh god miss you on my lips flavor-of-love-new-york.gif she had no business calling back to her magnum opus 

But she did. She did it for the girls and gays who get it :kris: And we love her for that 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Still going through my first listen but there's some really gorgeous gems so far. I love Peppers and Let The Light In is really beautiful, I'm smiling cause there was a time I would have killed for them to collab on a Lana record and I would have been so happy to love this song :) 

ZKcaooE.png

7 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

no def same.... like that line is SUCH a punch once it comes in considering in the first half of the song she mentions all her other family members by their "title" in a positive light- basically saying she wants to be with them in life,death&whatever comes afterwards... "will you be there with me father, sister brother?" "give me a mausoleum with dad, grandma, grandpa" so you start to anticipate when patty will b addressed n once she she is..yeah like i said !! A PUNCH !!

WHAT KIND OF MOTHER WAS SHE:scream:

exactly!! and the way it's delivered is def one of the emotional highlights of the song that gets stuck in your head along with "all i wanted to do was kiss aaron greene and sit by...", "and dave who hung himself real high". i understand there's some significance to that choice but especially having heard the original version this one seems off 

3 minutes ago, Stoop Kid said:

Some people were like "Oh maybe she needed to dial back on the mom shade," which tbh just sounds silly.

But I just had a thought - because they just took out the main vocal (which is why you can still hear "mother" in the underlying harmony beneath the instrumental,) there's honestly a chance that the "censoring" of the word is rather...how do I explain this.

Basically the question answers itself because Lana's saying, no, that wasn't a mother at all. Why even humor the idea that a mother would be the person Lana's mother was to her? Why call her a mother in any way?

I don't know. It's 4 A.M., I'm high. I wish we had the original, BUT for some reason, thinking of it like that... I get it?

I admire the ambition of this reach 🥹

Just now, ByDayAnother said:

I admire the ambition of this reach 🥹

Hell, I'm not even holding onto the idea for dear life, but it's more sound in intention than suddenly "Lana needs to play nice with Patty".

But hey, it's LanaBoards, it's all reaching here. You weren't here for when Doijroij happened on this site. THAT was a reach of mine.

Inb4 we get a post-release insider with "the answer".

Taco Truck x VB is like an experience of being fucked by A.K.A. and NFR at the same time :hair:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing