Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

6 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

the way that zodiac should've been the track 3 instead of Sweet (just adding zodiac before sweet and removing judah would've done it)

or

1. The Grants

2. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

3. Sweet 

4. A&W

5. Zodiac

6. Candy Necklace

7. Jon Batiste Interlude

if you get it you get it if you dont you dont when you know you know and if you don't know maybe tomorrow you'll know

random list of moments from this album that i love:

• when kintsugi starts playing and you hear that initial “there’s a certain point, the booooody can’t come back from…..” chills every single time

• the sheer chaos of the interludes

• the outro of grandfather

• when candy necklace’s tempo picks up in its second chorus and goes a little jazzy

• the added vocals during “down in florence alabaaaaaama” in paris texas

• the bass intro of peppers !! so cool

• additionally in peppers, when it breaks down into a surf rock style for like 10 seconds!!! soooooooo rad

• “skippin rope in the bayou / slip softly into rain” from fishtail, just such a gorgeous lyric - oh and “wearing nothing but the summer bruises on my knees” UGH gorgeous

• the random swooshing noise in fingertips that i assume is meant to obscure the word “mother”

honestly, i just love this record so much :defeated: 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I strongly disliked the sparkle sound effect in Fingertips the first 100 times I heard it, but for some reason listening to the song last night the sparkle kind of clicked and almost made me cry. It makes it seem like her mother is some Disney-esque villain that can't even be spoken about by the princess because the thought it just too scary, the pain too real. It's like some fairy godmother is taking the word out of the song to protect her :cryney2:

17 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I strongly disliked the sparkle sound effect in Fingertips the first 100 times I heard it, but for some reason listening to the song last night the sparkle kind of clicked and almost made me cry. It makes it seem like her mother is some Disney-esque villain that can't even be spoken about by the princess because the thought it just too scary, the pain too real. It's like some fairy godmother is taking the word out of the song to protect her :cryney2:

I still hate the effect but I can accept it now after this thought process :true: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd (2023)

1. Let The Light In - 10/10

2. Peppers - 9.5/10
3. Fishtail - 9.5/10
4. Grandfather Please Stand on the Shoulders of My Father While He's Deep-Sea Fishing - 9.5/10
5. Taco Truck x VB - 9/10
6. Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd - 9/10

7. A&W - 8.5/10
8. Paris, Texas - 8.5/10

9. Candy Necklace - 8.5/10
10. Margaret - 8/10

11. The Grants - 8/10
12. Kintsugi - 7.5/10
13. Fingertips - 7/10
14. Sweet - 7/10

15. Judah Smith Interlude - 6/10

16. Jon Batiste Interlude - 6/10

Overall: 8/10 - 5th Favorite Album

favorite moments: let the light in bridge, peppers surf rock part, fishtail beat drop, grandfather buildup, taco truck intro guitar, dykttatuob final chorus guitar, a&w nfr sample, candy necklace piano solo, margaret talking section, kintsugi whistle, "daddy, i miss them, im in the mountains"

notes: sweet was my 3rd fav on first listen, but i overplayed it so much that i actually get nauseous when i hear the melody now

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

2 minutes ago, Rust Dress said:

okay well my ranking:

1. uv

2. ob

3. nfr

4. hm

but BLUE BANISTERS? :air:

When someone says they love BB and rank it high, I mentally blacklist them and never read anything they say again. And not just on the topic of LDR lmao

18 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd (2023)

1. Let The Light In - 10/10

2. Peppers - 9.5/10
3. Fishtail - 9.5/10
4. Grandfather Please Stand on the Shoulders of My Father While He's Deep-Sea Fishing - 9.5/10
5. Taco Truck x VB - 9/10
6. Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd - 9/10

7. A&W - 8.5/10
8. Paris, Texas - 8.5/10

9. Candy Necklace - 8.5/10
10. Margaret - 8/10

11. The Grants - 8/10
12. Kintsugi - 7.5/10
13. Fingertips - 7/10
14. Sweet - 7/10

15. Judah Smith Interlude - 6/10

16. Jon Batiste Interlude - 6/10

Overall: 8/10 - 5th Favorite Album

favorite moments: let the light in bridge, peppers surf rock part, fishtail beat drop, grandfather buildup, taco truck intro guitar, dykttatuob final chorus guitar, a&w nfr sample, candy necklace piano solo, margaret talking section, kintsugi whistle, "daddy, i miss them, im in the mountains"

notes: sweet was my 3rd fav on first listen, but i overplayed it so much that i actually get nauseous when i hear the melody now

Love this ranking! Pretty similar to mine, especially the bottom slate.

What about your thoughts on the rest of the tracks she dropped this year? Hollywood Bowl?

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

What about your thoughts on the rest of the tracks she dropped this year? Hollywood Bowl?

ivoryalmond thinks that hollywood bowl is better than half of the songs on OB, they said in the other thread