Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

10 hours ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

A&W not winning a Grammy is ridiculous..

The different layers of the first part and the more playful character of the second part ( that ties to sm Lana lore with Jimmy )

It really baffles me that it didn't win in it's category 

the fact that it was the most acclaimed song of 2023, I still can't believe not strong enough won. I mean, nothing against d*kegenius but bffr:crossed: no seriously I liked the record but them winning over Lana is just fucked up

LTLI almost 1M streams:lange:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I love seeing Ocean Blvd gets more recognition from general public day by day and "Margaret" aint gonna be the last song to get viral from this album. Mark my words.

My guess for next viral song after LTLI and Margaret is either Sweet or Fishtail - Sweet has what the g.p loves from Lana's signature piano ballads and romantic, cute, soft, real, romantic songwriting that can easily be turn to trends on tiktok, Fishtail lyrics alone can be used for gen Z relatable contents with that addictive, quirky, freaky, yet so mystic trap beat - i'm kinda shocked that even Margaret and Paris texas got viral before this song tho...

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I’m 100% sure the songs went viral because they’re amazing, not because some quirky lyrics. 

I’m literally sobbing typing this lol but oh man I love this album with my whole heart. Just peak music. It’s Ok Computer. The Antlers’ Hospice. Vespertine. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. Pink Moon. Songs of Love and Hate. An important piece of alternative music.

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

I’m literally sobbing typing this lol but oh man I love this album with my whole heart. Just peak music. It’s Ok Computer. The Antlers’ Hospice. Vespertine. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. Pink Moon. Songs of Love and Hate. An important piece of alternative music.

I genuinely think it ranks among UV and HM for me as Lana's best work. The lyricism, the experimentation she did with surf rock meets hip hop toward the end, A&W's change up, it... feels like the highs of what LFL shouldn't been and wanted to be but couldn't reach.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Fantano publishes video on OB's Grammy snub, calls himself the biggest fan.

He was being sort of sarcastic/ironic with the 'biggest fan' thing, but it is hilarious that he's more on her side than a non-trivial chunk of people who post here.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I just saw this album re-entered the Billboard 200 at spot nr. 97, this is insane :oprah2::wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

I just saw this album re-entered the Billboard 200 at spot nr. 97, this is insane :oprah2::wowcry:

+ UV and BTD are charting :oprah4:

4 minutes ago, marcodelrey said:

Am I the only one who almost cry during The Grants? :judgingu4:

No bc The Grants truly is one of her best opener

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

11 minutes ago, marcodelrey said:

Am I the only one who almost cry during The Grants? :judgingu4:

I cry almost every single time I listen to the grants :xgiggle:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

The release of this era was so fun, with that pop up with all her merch was amazing even though I live across the world from it mentally I was there. Also the early listening sessions at record stores was great but the closest one to me was 10 hours away because they just decided not to do one in one of Australia’s largest cities