lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

1 hour ago, Embach said:

Definitely under 100 because BOZ said that Lana never created over 100 songs during an era but LFL era sessions have the biggest amount of songs though.

I realised that we need Mighty Mike outtakes because he was the additional producer for 13 Beaches and Heroin! 

Has he ever said how many songs were created for The Last Puppet Show collab album? I’m guessing maybe 15 to 25 

1 minute ago, Orville Peck said:

I think he said we already heard everything on that "album". :flop:

They said they had enough to create an album, I guess they meant a short album. I am sure they have a few more concept demos tho, either way I’m honestly glad we never got it tbh:tommy:

5 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Has he ever said how many songs were created for The Last Puppet Show collab album? I’m guessing maybe 15 to 25 

3 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I think he said we already heard everything on that "album". :flop:

we still don't have the california demo!

WGe8ynS.gif

girl had Poetry In Motion in her pocket when she put In My Feelings and Summer Bummer on the album and gave a lil smirk

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

4 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

girl had Poetry In Motion in her pocket when she put In My Feelings and Summer Bummer on the album and gave a lil smirk

Wait- where did this title come from lmao and Everything I Do?? 

Someone explain everything we’ve learned lol

I love the outtakes like Architecture and Yosemite and I'm very sure that Poetry In Motion and Everything I Do and Silverlake sound amazing too but I wouldn't replace any song from LFL. I love all the songs so much although I have hard time connecting with Groupie Love. But I really can't imagine the tracklist being different. It all makes sense for me. All the songs there have some kind of point (I posted about it in LFL's post-release thread). I mean I understand people who hate hip hop songs like the Rocky songs but still :crossed:

url%5D

15 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

They said they had enough to create an album, I guess they meant a short album. I am sure they have a few more concept demos tho, either way I’m honestly glad we never got it tbh

What?! But California, Thunder and Dealer are some of the best songs she's released in her later career!

13 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

wait was so good really produced by rick nowels?:oprah2:

He's credited as an 'additional producer' and played the synth. But the whole track was made by most of Rocky's team (Boi 1da, T-Minus, J. Sweet, Hector Delgado & co.)

I think this was one of the tracks Papa Rick had the least creative input (well, and 'Cherry', he didn't play a single instrument on that song).

9 minutes ago, Embach said:

I love the outtakes like Architecture and Yosemite and I'm very sure that Poetry In Motion and Everything I Do and Silverlake sound amazing too but I wouldn't replace any song from LFL. I love all the songs so much although I have hard time connecting with Groupie Love. But I really can't imagine the tracklist being different. It all makes sense for me. All the songs there have some kind of point (I posted about it in LFL's post-release thread). I mean I understand people who hate hip hop songs like the Rocky songs but still :crossed:

sure, the final album is shaped by so many and many events, I wouldn't change probably either, but im a form believer there was stuff of OG lfl, the one before all this xlimate change, leaks, relationship with g eazy, and im also sure she had album done by nobember 2016, and its really Hard to try put them in final lfl tracklist as they wouldn't just make much sense, the released lfl is a unique album, a mix of every Major change happened during its sessions, so its such a great opportunity to give Life these lfl outtakes in a planned different special project, but once Again these plans were absolutely crashed

and also honeymouns told that architecture has never been a real title for best American record

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

19 hours ago, Orville Peck said:

"Get Dark" was also recorded during the Lust For Life sessions?

Recorded September 2017, after LFL

6 hours ago, Embach said:

Ok, let me handle it.

I'm certain that my following unoopular opinion/theory is (very) controversial AND LONG! :true:

The so-called "witchy dreamy spacey cosmic folky psychedelic ambient" original concept is a myth. I don't think that the "witchiness" was even the goal for the album. I have also thought that Lana wasn't really certain either what she wanted for the album. Once in 2015 she talked about her thoughts on the new album "like a New York record, less dreamy and more upbeat". Then in 2016 (at the Pre-Grammy Gala?) she said that the upcoming album will have a similar aesthetic with Honeymoon, although in February 2017 Insta livestream she said that LFL will have a retro-futuristic aesthetic. But the album has also Woodstock/1960s-70s hippie aesthetics which are also seen on the album cover which was shot already in June/July 2016 (the hippie-peace inspired looks were also seen in the Festival Tour 2016). Also at first she made some Shangri-Las inspired songs, then after Donald Trump's victory in November 2016, she started to make more politically oriented songs. Also to think that in 2016 she made electro-pop version of Say Yes To Heaven. Then she also was in relationship with G-Eazy in Spring 2017 which in result she started to make more songs. In an interview with a radio in early 2017, she (and later in an another interview Rick Nowels) also said that the album will be mix of everything, that will have different genres. It's either two options:

• she was unsure what to do with the album

• it was intentional and I believe this theory more, because you can see that the album's sound has mix from the sound of her old eras (baroque pop, dream pop, hip-hop, trap, trip hop) and the sound of her upcoming/newer sound (folk, acoustic ballads, folktronica, Americana) which are seen in NFR, COTCC and so on. The collaborations were 100% intentional because Abel and Rocky were important people in the start of her breakthrough and Nicks/Lennon are kind of her idols, so she wanted to show people where is she heading to. That's why she later dedicated to the fans because she was saying goodbye to her "old-self", her old sound. I feel like that was kind of her point the whole time.

It really depends how the individual would define a "witchy" sound, but the original vision she had in mind was definitely seemed more conceptual with space/cosmic undertones and 80s lynchian inspiration including a large atmosphere.

I feel like this can really be seen in the Love music video, LFL trailer and songs like Beautiful People (Demo 2), 13 Beaches, Lust For Life (demo 1-3),  Groupie Love (demo), Poetry In Motion, If I Die Young (counting it), Serene Queen, and Get Free which all have super clear elements of this cosmic sound. Somewhere along the process she became more inspired by woodstock hippie culture and wanted to incorprate beats and I feel like that's where it really changed.

I do think that the idea of the original album having these tracks on it with this sound is a myth however... seemed a lot more like a idea that was being worked on then later combined with more elements she took inspo from ex. woodstock and politics. That's just my theory at least.

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

1 minute ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Recorded September 2017, after LFL

It really depends how the individual would define a "witchy" sound, but the original vision she had in mind was definitely seemed more conceptual with space/cosmic undertones and 80s lynchian inspiration including a large atmosphere.

I feel like this can really be seen in the Love music video, LFL trailer and songs like Beautiful People (Demo 2), 13 Beaches, Lust For Life (demo 1-3),  Groupie Love (demo), Poetry In Motion, If I Die Young (counting it), Serene Queen, and Get Free which all have super clear elements of this cosmic sound. Somewhere along the process she became more inspired by woodstock hippie culture and wanted to incorprate beats and I feel like that's where it really changed.

I do think that the idea of the original album having these tracks on it with this sound is a myth however... seemed a lot more like a idea that was being worked on then later combined with more elements she took inspo from ex. woodstock and politics. That's just my theory at least.

If you’re open to more questions, Do you know the recording dates of the honeymoon outtakes? Specially cry kill die, dead to me, and come with me, thanks