lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

(sorry, if I constantly post here cuz I feel like I'm an annoying burden on you all 💀)

But during LFL era Lana worked with so many producers besides Rick & Co. For example, with Emile Haynie, it's impossible that they only worked on Love. They were also seen a lot during Spring 2016, so I feel like they worked on 1-2 songs more than Love.

I made a list:

POSSIBLE SESSIONS WITH EACH PRODUCER AND COLLABORATOR WHO WORKED FOR LUST FOR LIFE

• PRODUCERS •

Rick Nowels & Co. (Kieron Menzies, Dean Reid) sessions (that's basically confirmed because they made like the biggest amount of songs together)

Emile Haynie sessions

Benny Blanco sessions

Max Martin sessions

Mighty Mike sessions (works with Rick Nowels, although his production contribution appears on three songs - 13 Beaches, Heroin and TNBAR)

Tim Larcombe sessions

Boi-1da sessions

Metro Boomin sessions

Justin Parker sessions

Fred Again sessions

(the weird thing what I noticed while I looked up the producers' production/writing discography was that she worked with two.....Ed Sheeran's producers - Benny Blanco and Fred Again :assad:)

• COLLABORATORS •

The Weeknd sessions

ASAP Rocky sessions (could be with Bo-1da because they work together)

Stevie Nicks sessions

Sean Ono Lennon sessions

url%5D

following this timeline i think that all witchy songs was made in 2015 shortly after Honeymoon release. she still was influenced by retro dreamy kind of dark soundscape. we see this in everything we heard (LFL demo, Heroin, BP demos etc.). she probaly had in mind dual concept from the beginning. first half upbeat songs with alt-pop/hip-hop/trap instrumentals, second more stripped down. all things which happened around her slightly changed vision to record something more hopeful and hippie but still keeping what she wanted. at least half of songs from OG tracklist make the cut to current tracklist but with some changes.

6 hours ago, Embach said:

(sorry, if I constantly post here cuz I feel like I'm an annoying burden on you all 💀)

But during LFL era Lana worked with so many producers besides Rick & Co. For example, with Emile Haynie, it's impossible that they only worked on Love. They were also seen a lot during Spring 2016, so I feel like they worked on 1-2 songs more than Love.

I made a list:

POSSIBLE SESSIONS WITH EACH PRODUCER AND COLLABORATOR WHO WORKED FOR LUST FOR LIFE

• PRODUCERS •

Rick Nowels & Co. (Kieron Menzies, Dean Reid) sessions (that's basically confirmed because they made like the biggest amount of songs together)

Emile Haynie sessions

Benny Blanco sessions

Max Martin sessions

Mighty Mike sessions (works with Rick Nowels, although his production contribution appears on three songs - 13 Beaches, Heroin and TNBAR)

Tim Larcombe sessions

Boi-1da sessions

Metro Boomin sessions

Justin Parker sessions

Fred Again sessions

(the weird thing what I noticed while I looked up the producers' production/writing discography was that she worked with two.....Ed Sheeran's producers - Benny Blanco and Fred Again :assad:)

• COLLABORATORS •

The Weeknd sessions

Stevie Nicks sessions

Sean Ono Lennon sessions

I don’t think she worked on anything else with max martin since he probably just helped with the production and/or structure of lust for life (song)

12 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Lust For Life is her Love + Fear if you think about

except lust for life is not as bad as people are making it out to be whereas love + fear is worse than people are saying it is

29 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Lust For Life is her Love + Fear if you think about

It's called the 4th album curse :oop2:

url%5D

7 hours ago, Embach said:

I made a list:

• PRODUCERS •

Emile Haynie sessions

Benny Blanco sessions

Max Martin sessions

Tim Larcombe sessions

Boi-1da sessions

Metro Boomin sessions

Justin Parker sessions

Fred Again sessions

• COLLABORATORS •

The Weeknd sessions

Stevie Nicks sessions

Sean Ono Lennon sessions

I always thought 'TNBAR' was produced by Emile, the engineers/additional producers emulated some of his soundscapes on that song (they're on the whole track, but they're noticeable around 1:58). Hell, even in 'Yosemite', you can hear a mimic of his loon throughout the song; more noticeable around 3:16. Not saying he DID work on that song, but maybe he was meant to produce those tracks but couldn't?

On that Kieron Menzies/Dean Reid "SoundOnSound" interview, they said they emulated Max Martin's juno bass from his demo, to sound like his version, so maybe it's not that far fetched? Idk.

Benny Blanco's known for working on single tracks on albums, I heard he's quite expensive to work with lmao. I don't think they did more songs.

7 minutes ago, americangothic said:

I always thought 'TNBAR' was produced by Emile, the engineers/additional producers emulated some of his soundscapes on that song (they're on the whole track, but they're noticeable around 1:58). Hell, even in 'Yosemite', you can hear a mimic of his loon throughout the song; more noticeable around 3:16. Not saying he DID work on that song, but maybe he was meant to produce those tracks but couldn't?

On that Kieron Menzies/Dean Reid "SoundOnSound" interview, they said they emulated Max Martin's juno bass from his demo, to sound like his version, so maybe it's not that far fetched? Idk.

Benny Blanco's known for working on single tracks on albums, I heard he's quite expensive to work with lmao. I don't think they did more songs.

You can hear Emile inspired space train/owl sounds in White Mustang and When The World... too! I think it was intentional!

url%5D

10 hours ago, americangothic said:

how is an opinion invalid anyway? They're personal beliefs not necessarily based on facts but our own perspectives, that's the fun of it.

that was an obvious tongue in cheek statement lmao

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

2 hours ago, 111 said:

except lust for life is not as bad as people are making it out to be whereas love + fear is worse than people are saying it is

Okay fine. It’s her SHE IS MILEY CYRUS if you think about it :xgiggle:

1 hour ago, Embach said:

You can hear Emile inspired space train/owl sounds in White Mustang and When The World... too! I think it was intentional!

Thank god someone else hears these. I thought I was crazy!

I’m very conflicted about how to feel knowing that she scrapped a deluxe version to LFL or a follow-up album with its outtakes because she met Jack :um2: NFR is probably my fave album, but what we’ve heard so far from a couple of LFL outtakes sounds incredible as well…

Why can’t she release that now?!? :crying:

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

I really like this New trend ngl I personally learned so much more and im happy insiders saw our interest in this field and thanks them for spilling:oprah:

Exactly like…. Why are people bothered by us doing this rn?

fb1.jpg

Lust For Life is probably the most interesting process to take a look because It's the only record that kept evolving and changing until the deadline\release, while everything else feels like there's a giant gap between her actually finishing the album and it being released with little changing between said moments.

At same time, I don't know if the it is something that changed TOO MUCH or if she just kept adding songs. The way she mentioned before something along the lines "I had to put everything in it\couldn't scrap anything" (sorry can't remember direct quote, but I believe this is mentioned somewhere in the thread already) strikes me as if she just kept recording and wanting to make sure the record was going to show exactly how she felt at that right moment (Summer 2017), which is also the explanation she gave about removing Yosemite ("being too happy while she's not there yet"). Most of her albums were pretty "short" if we take the story about her """"""""not liking\caring""""""""" that much about Deluxe versions, so Honeymoon giving us 15 track felt like a huge deal and then Lust For Life with its 16 tracks (which was something that streaming was making more commom as well, these long ass albums from 2015-2017) was very "wow". There's the story about it being originally 18 tracks and then removing 2, but we also know that Next Best American Record and Yosemite were supposed to be part of it, then removed, and that happened late in the process (the BAR music video and her mentioning Yosemite in interviews nnn).  Then we have Roses Bloom For You (which was probably scrapped early\don't think it ever made the cut, just something she created as an intro and then didn't care) and "4 political songs" (which sounds like something she also created later and just couldn't make up her mind about putting them on the album or not, but with When The World... and God Bless America already making the cut, makes sense she didn't want it to be "too much")

To sum it all up; I don't think things changed THAT much, she just added songs and kept "diluting" some of that visual\world that was built during the making of the album. We know she did Love and BAR White Mustang early, then Lust For Life was probably picked as a single because of the feature. If the album wasn't probably delayed until July, with the original May release we'd probably have a shorter tracklist and maybe different mixes, but hardly believe there would be something we haven't heard.

if we talking about scraps Dealer and Thunder (demo) would be fit to album as well. first one has spacey chill vibe and second one sacral mystical atmosphere fitting great between bops and folky songs. she was influenced by LFL sound cause she didn't end album yet.