Strangelove

Fans suffering from "Unreleased Syndrome"

4 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

the only demo that’s better than the released is freak, all the other demo’s genuinely sound super empty rough drafts - lfl demo’s scrapped verses are really good but with that production it’s simply boring and i prefer the released. 

i feel like that towards a lot of said demos that are “better” than the released songs, they just are not that good…

True... Those God awful "STINT" demos need to be wiped from the internet.

26 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

It really put a smile on my face to read the paragraphs even if academic topics are not everyone's cup of tea. :thankyou:.

:dorothy2:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

32 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

the only demo that’s better than the released is freak, all the other demo’s genuinely sound super empty rough drafts - lfl demo’s scrapped verses are really good but with that production it’s simply boring and i prefer the released. 

i feel like that towards a lot of said demos that are “better” than the released songs, they just are not that good…

I personally don’t like that Freak demo…to me it sounds like there is too much going on

26 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

True... Those God awful "STINT" demos need to be wiped from the internet.

For once I somewhat agree with you, the only stint demo I like is his SYTH (GKIT is okay)

The only demo I truly prefer is Groupie Love. I also like the Summer Bummer one but still prefer the released bc of the additional Lana verse

A lot of demos are completely different sounding from the official, to the point where they could be two different songs. A lot of them also just have better lyrics. Also, the "raw" feeling of an unpolished demo makes the listening experience feel intimate in a way, and it lets you appreciate the process of creating a finished song. 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

I feel like you are using the false equivalence fallacy to make this argument, especially with the shoes. The shoe prank definitely has some arguments of bias since there’s name brand and we live in a largely capitalist world. However, applying this to unreleased v released music it loses its meaning because there’s no name brand per se, especially with deeper Lana fans. This implies that lipsters see the unreleased music as better and more exclusive which I don’t think is a bias in the traditional sense, it’s more conditioning and human nature. And I don’t even think it’s true overall. Also I don’t get the Soviet nostalgia mention because sooo much of USSR discussion is rooted in anti communist propaganda which is obviously biased? Ofc many Russians are going to be nostalgic for the USSR when compared the more extreme social injustice that Russians face today. It’s also not like every Soviet wanted the fall of the USSR so. But anyways 

I feel like if anything you could make the argument that individuals prefer unreleased music because of the exclusiveness of it- the average fan doesn’t have access to it unless they know. But I would argue that this is another side effect of capitalism. 

also I was a psych major. Not that it means anything at all lol a degree is a piece of paper

5 hours ago, LemonadeTea said:

I feel like you are using the false equivalence fallacy to make this argument, especially with the shoes. The shoe prank definitely has some arguments of bias since there’s name brand and we live in a largely capitalist world. However, applying this to unreleased v released music it loses its meaning because there’s no name brand per se, especially with deeper Lana fans. This implies that lipsters see the unreleased music as better and more exclusive which I don’t think is a bias in the traditional sense, it’s more conditioning and human nature. And I don’t even think it’s true overall. Also I don’t get the Soviet nostalgia mention because sooo much of USSR discussion is rooted in anti communist propaganda which is obviously biased? Ofc many Russians are going to be nostalgic for the USSR when compared the more extreme social injustice that Russians face today. It’s also not like every Soviet wanted the fall of the USSR so. But anyways 

I feel like if anything you could make the argument that individuals prefer unreleased music because of the exclusiveness of it- the average fan doesn’t have access to it unless they know. But I would argue that this is another side effect of capitalism. 

also I was a psych major. Not that it means anything at all lol a degree is a piece of paper

I agree there is an aspect of the fact the music has a quality of being coveted and somewhat inaccessible that many fans are drawn to. Although I'm not sure what that has to do with capitalism considering you said the shoes were a bad comparison in the beginning.

As you noted I do also believe conditioning and human nature play into why this happens. 

I don't want to get too into the nostalgia topic because that's a more subjective political topic but that was linked so members are given an example of people being nostalgic en masse. 

Thanks for your comment. Sending you a "follow". 

may we summarize it all
pink champagne is not a demo but a totally different song from let me love you like a woman
some unreleased songs shoudve stayed unreleased
we won that lana released yosemite and didnt rework it
guns and roses is perfect on uv and 100% deserves its place on deluxe
lust for life demo is really rough and this direction of sound doesnt fit the album weve got but the released version is neither lol its just not cool to what couldve been
we need fine china rick nowels version
and each of these points have absolutely nothing to do with some kind of a "syndrome" and definitely not the topic that deserves a serious treatment honestly, not beacuse some users dont prefer or can participate this kind of discussion.... its just simply on the surface and very obvious and doesnt have any background behind

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

9 hours ago, Strangelove said:

85 people suffering from Unreleased Syndrome as seen in the comments, who are not in their "right minds"...

Screenshot-20230627-161452-2.png

85 people out of the literal millions that love BTD. Be serious. When I said “no one in their right minds”, I was exaggerating for effects. It’s common sense to know no songs will be loved by everyone. People have their preferences but the majority absolutely prefer the released version. See I don’t have to be typing all of that until now.

You were making a generalization of how people always like unreleased music better which is simply not true.

I came across this article and wanted to share because a lot of us can probably relate.

Lana’s released discography alone has so much depth in terms of storytelling, sound and aesthetic for you to keep discovering new layers for a long time.

But with all the unreleased we have, even the layers have layers and we live for it :hair:

https://www.thepenn.org/opinion/outtakes-demos-tell-another-side-to-album-s-story/article_f8f36470-32e1-11ec-8400-bb6e5d089a0e.html

Also I literally don’t know any other fandom that can clock and identify the real life (sometimes obscure) individual being sung about from a lineup of friends, family, acquaintances, past lovers, mentors (:rip:) that spans nearly 10+ years

I usually prefer unreleased songs when I see their lyrics/melodies are way darker and more essentially Lana. I have the impression that she makes the songs a little less heavy to release them. A few examples are Lust For Life, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems, National Anthem (compared to demo I Want It All) and Diet Mountain Dew. 

15 minutes ago, bia said:

I usually prefer unreleased songs when I see their lyrics/melodies are way darker and more essentially Lana. I have the impression that she makes the songs a little less heavy to release them. A few examples are Lust For Life, Beautiful People Beautiful Problems, National Anthem (compared to demo I Want It All) and Diet Mountain Dew. 

outtakes in general can sometimes feel more personal or in-depth, if i die young is a great example of that, it's like listening to lana's pure artistry, emotions, and soul <3

WGe8ynS.gif