Lana to be featured on 'Life Lesson' from Jon Batiste's new album - Out Now

1 hour ago, Jared said:

Oh please. That song is Lana on autopilot. It's more of a background noise than a song. Repetitive and boring. 

thank you! 

If there's anything I learned on this board it's that all lana needs to do is walk to a piano, sing a few random lines, and some folks will still call it the second coming of Christ.

I mean, I don't blame her, get that bread lana. But people really need to learn the difference between slaying it and winging it.

this song is beautiful

many of you exist on this website only to talk about how much you don’t like Lana’s music - it’s just boring now hearing y’all talk about musical arrangements while knowing nothing about musical theory at all, just slapping words together to try to make ur weird jealousy seem like it makes sense

i enjoyed the track and am happy it wasn’t just a part three of the candy necklace/interlude pair

the rest of Jon’s new album is equally exciting - hardly surprising considering he’s a world renowned child prodigy but I’ll be honest I hadn’t listened to any of his stuff even after candy necklace came out until now

44 minutes ago, LBcita said:

this song is beautiful

many of you exist on this website only to talk about how much you don’t like Lana’s music - it’s just boring now hearing y’all talk about musical arrangements while knowing nothing about musical theory at all, just slapping words together to try to make ur weird jealousy seem like it makes sense

i enjoyed the track and am happy it wasn’t just a part three of the candy necklace/interlude pair

the rest of Jon’s new album is equally exciting - hardly surprising considering he’s a world renowned child prodigy but I’ll be honest I hadn’t listened to any of his stuff even after candy necklace came out until now

I can never tell who these types of comments are directed towards? Sure there a few (troll-esque users) who have annoying and weird criticisms. But just because someone doesn’t like the wordiness of the song or the melody or production doesn’t make it “weird jealousy”? What is the point of these threads if people can’t share their opinion:air:  And if these comments are directed  towards those troll type users, why are we constantly giving them attention instead of just ignoring lmao? They clearly enjoy the attention to keep commenting after getting nothing but hate. :bebe:

Also the change in attitude on this song after people started getting mad at people calling it boring is quite funny to me. You can dislike the song lol.

like someone else said, it’s a feature track that everyone is going to forget about in a month. the track is whatever in my opinion, but I just think this “you guys hate lana now because you don’t like this aspect of some of her songs” is sooooo crazy. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

I can never tell who these types of comments are directed towards? Sure there a few (troll-esque users) who have annoying and weird criticisms. But just because someone doesn’t like the wordiness of the song or the melody or production doesn’t make it “weird jealousy”? What is the point of these threads if people can’t share their opinion:air:  And if these comments are directed  towards those troll type users, why are we constantly giving them attention instead of just ignoring lmao? They clearly enjoy the attention to keep commenting after getting nothing but hate. :bebe:

Also the change in attitude on this song after people started getting mad at people calling it boring is quite funny to me. You can dislike the song lol.

like someone else said, it’s a feature track that everyone is going to forget about in a month. the track is whatever in my opinion, but I just think this “you guys hate lana now because you don’t like this aspect of some of her songs” is sooooo crazy. 

what the fuck are you on about lmao? you're upset or not that I didn't give attention to the trolls by calling them out? obviously I'm not talking about people who merely dislike the song. I'm talking about #those people who - whether it's music, photoshoot, performance - get on this website ONLY to express how bad it is. or make stupid comments about head voice and composition that don't even make sense to make it seem like their hate posting is anything but nonsense

people who say things like:

“Imagine thinking Lana would have a creative spark with a Colbert sidekick who makes corny boomer music for people who think Macklemore is better than Kendrick Lamar”

“Another addition to Lana's ever-expanding piano ballad pile that I never touch”

“The song is MEH. Another quickly put together piano track with an not-so-interesting melody,  average vocals and unsurprising, safe arrangements”

“Oh please. That song is Lana on autopilot. It's more of a background noise than a song. Repetitive and boring.”

"I just think this “you guys hate lana now because you don’t like this aspect of some of her songs” is sooooo crazy." PLEASE tell me where I said that at all

2 hours ago, LBcita said:

Thank you. If you'd ask them to tell you at least 2 chords from this song they would have no answer. "Basic arrangements" like :rip: