Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

"Old sound" conversation aside, I think it'd be interesting if she goes for a richer, more "bombastic" sound for this record. Her past four albums have been very mellow/vibey for the most part, and that's cute. But I think her most memorable music had that "big production" going on--and news flash, you can use piano and make a bombastic track *cough* Wildflower Wildfire *cough*

i think it's going to be a really eclectic album- she seems to be revisiting her old discography and i believe she wants to incorporate some surfy/ocean vibes (i'm thinking for k part 2, kill kill) with some jazz sounds (terrence loves you, if you lie down w me). i think she's been trying to connect with fans more as well so i could see a couple of lust for life moments paired with familial references. this is going to be a fun album i think :)

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

Well one thing I’ve realized is that theres never any going back for her, people always say “Oh i think this one is going to sound like UV” or “a mix of this and that album” but i think she really just goes forwards with each album, or at least stays in her comfort zone. But this time i hope she makes something more sonically interesting, like A&W and Candy Necklace

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

25 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

Whatever this album is JACK SHOULD STAY TF AWAY FROM MAKING BEATS.  

I mean I’m sick of his tiny sounding beats and drums, just compare doin time, fiily, summer bummer and btd beats to fishtail and peppers and you’ll see how cheap the latter sounds

yeah but his beats on AW were dope. So he definitely has it in him.

also, didnt he produce bejewelled and other taylor poppy stuff? I want that with lana 

3 minutes ago, Break Me Down said:

Well one thing I’ve realized is that theres never any going back for her, people always say “Oh i think this one is going to sound like UV” or “a mix of this and that album” but i think she really just goes forwards with each album, or at least stays in her comfort zone. But this time i hope she makes something more sonically interesting, like A&W and Candy Necklace

candy necklace is not sonically interesting. As good as that song is. It's just lana and a piano with some strings - we heard it all before

6 minutes ago, Break Me Down said:

candy necklace is not sonically interesting. As good as that song is. It's just lana and a piano with some strings - we heard it all before

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

I actually disagree with this take, Candy Necklace is, I think, her most unique panio-driven song. It has that "weird" (I use that term positively) and cinematic vibe that's been absent on her past few albums. I would take more of that energy on future records. :oprah3:

watch her bring us synths and guitar and electronic beats
cherry, fishtail, art deco, fuck it i love you, and cinnamon girl songs

similar to this: https://krakenfiles.com/view/R0TsbhfTHW/file.html

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

4 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Fishtail is lile Jack Antonoff's version of In My Feelings. Whatever that means. :oic2:

Not looking forward for more songs like this 

The way fishtail just got even worse for me wowwwwwww :wowcry:

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

Candy necklace is a perfect example how she can still sing over piano and strings and still make it fresh and interesting if she wants

we LIVE for candy necklace

We love to see Candy Necklace appreciation in this thread:oprah::oprah4:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

This is kinda serve adjacent 

ty it was just a concept i was making in garageband 😭

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I'm honestly down for more synthy and/or trap beats-y music from her, as long as it's not done with Jack's cheap/tinny ass, 2$ drum set. :creepna2:

4 hours ago, West Coast said:

"Old sound" conversation aside, I think it'd be interesting if she goes for a richer, more "bombastic" sound for this record. Her past four albums have been very mellow/vibey for the most part, and that's cute. But I think her most memorable music had that "big production" going on--and news flash, you can use piano and make a bombastic track *cough* Wildflower Wildfire *cough*

Please WW is like one of her worst produced songs ever

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

Please WW is like one of her worst produced songs ever

Worst? It's definitely different, and it's far from being a favourite of mine. But the point was that a song can be bombastic and feature piano. :scoff: