we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

7 minutes ago, Slow Dance to rock music said:

i hope there's more rap features

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

i hope there’s no features :D i just wanna hear my girl 

never agreed more with both sides of the argument

the girl who created the art graphics/illustrations of Lana for Ocean blvd, KaimanKazazian, posted a screenshot of herself listening to "BBM BABY" by lana, (on Spotify) ;) taste, but maybe means absolutely nothing but she is close to Neil Krug , and lana and chuck follow her. maybe its a hint or just her being a fan like us hehe

I really hope there aren’t any features on this record. Ocean Blvd felt like a return to classic Lana (In terms of the entire album being actually newly created music and it being a mix of genres/vibes) expect for the features and lengthy interludes. I hope the next album is just 14-16 tracks of pure Lana 

7 hours ago, Candy Necklace said:

My dream for the next album would be for her to lean into the love Latinos have for her. We kinda already got that with Thats why they call me Lanita but just imagine a full album inspired by Latino music (primarily Mexican is what I’d want)

It wouldn’t even be that crazy for her. Collabs with the newest stars like Peso Pluma and Eslabón Armado wouldn’t sound too different, it would be kinda like an evolution from the Let the Light In sound. I’ve also always thought she would sound beautiful with a mariachi, which she kinda dipped her toes in with Arcadia (whether that’s what she was trying to do or not). If done well, this could really take her to the next level.

also white people would try to claim culture appropriation but Latinos (Mexicans specifically) would love it

yo soy la princesa. he’s crazy and cubano como yo lala

6 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I really hope there aren’t any features on this record. Ocean Blvd felt like a return to classic Lana (In terms of the entire album being actually newly created music and it being a mix of genres/vibes) expect for the features and lengthy interludes. I hope the next album is just 14-16 tracks of pure Lana 

the exception to this is let the light in, that track worked so well because fjm was just harmonizing with her and contributed to the vintage effect of that song. plus i didn’t mind jon batiste at the end of candy necklace. but tommy genesis taking up majority of peppers and being louder than lana…jack’s unintelligible parts in margaret…two interludes that were just yelling…it was a no from me.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

3 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

the exception to this is let the light in, that track worked so well because fjm was just harmonizing with her and contributed to the vintage effect of that song. plus i didn’t mind jon batiste at the end of candy necklace. but tommy genesis taking up majority of peppers and being louder than lana…jack’s unintelligible parts in margaret…two interludes that were just yelling…it was a no from me.

I actually loved all of the collabs, I just simply prefer her solo work. And I don’t want to listen to an interlude over 2 minutes unless it is actually singing 

what about another "interlude- the trio" type thing lana did for bb? it was kind of random, but i think it was a great way to mesh the dreaminess of arcadia into the more sultry sound of black bathing suit. i still go back and forth on it though lol :oopna: 

just one interlude though, and sorry, but please no more judah smith :crai:

Trio interlude is her worst song/interlude ever, sorry, the way how Clay botched THE Ennio Morricone's music :rollin: just to make it sound like a tiktok music that 13 year old roblox/fortnite gamers use for messi or ronaldo edits. I used to love it for few moments but not anymore, it's so cringe

Manifesting 0 interludes

url%5D

1 hour ago, Embach said:

Trio interlude is her worst song/interlude ever, sorry, the way how Clay botched THE Ennio Morricone's music :rollin: just to make it sound like a tiktok music that 13 year old roblox/fortnite gamers use for messi or ronaldo edits. I used to love it for few moments but not anymore, it's so cringe

Manifesting 0 interludes

this one is an absolute atrocity it even has no meaning its just there as much randomas these 3 barrie songs bb is a real tragedy...

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

3 hours ago, Embach said:

Manifesting 0 interludes

This. It’s taking up a spot on the track list that could have gone to LYTAN or Fine China or Valley of the Dolls or Watercolor Eyes (Alternate Mix) or

whatarecoloris.jpg

13 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

If there are interludes, I hope it’s one of her poems with haunting background instrumentals. Anything else would have to be a no from me

or no interludes :excited:

i need another album where every song is well crafted and make sense with the album theme and there's only like two "duds" at the end with the last track being peak lanamillie-bobby.gif

48 minutes ago, dyktatuob said:

i need another album where every song is well crafted and make sense with the album theme and there's only like two "duds" at the end with the last track being peak lana

so like all her albums :hooker:

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

I love the Jon Batiste interlude and she could put one on the next album, whether it’s sung or a spoken-word poem. Two interludes is breaking the flow a bit. 

as for the Judas Smith one, I won’t repeat myself (I’ve commented abundantly in the post-release thread). But I do wonder if the incredible instrumental wasn’t originally meant for Behind the Iron Gates :um2:

I wouldn’t mind collabs, but I wouldn’t miss them. I feel like some of her most “iconic” and lana-Del-Rey-classic albums have been with only her: Born To Die, Paradise, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, and Norman Fucking Rockwell.

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐