Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

38 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

but was it jesus who specifically scarred you or was it other people preaching things jesus never said? that would be like saying lana scarred you bc people take things she said out of context and accuse her of supporting all kinda of ridiculous things even tho its so far removed from who she is. i feel like most people who have issues with the church could still appreciate jesus the man who spent his days helping poor & sick people instead of turning his back on them and helping sinners to improve themselves instead of condemning them.

now let’s not invalidate other people’s trauma…i share similar views on jesus as you but i don’t mind if people are uncomfortable due to their experience with religion. as @GeminiLanaFan said they have no problem with songs like body electric or god knows i tried, but i talk to jesus is too reminiscent of constantly hearing preachers say you’re a sinner who needs to be saved by jesus. everyone has their own beliefs and there’s no need to be righteous about jesus specifically  when spirituality can be universal and broad. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

43 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

but was it jesus who specifically scarred you or was it other people preaching things jesus never said? that would be like saying lana scarred you bc people take things she said out of context and accuse her of supporting all kinda of ridiculous things even tho its so far removed from who she is. i feel like most people who have issues with the church could still appreciate jesus the man who spent his days helping poor & sick people instead of turning his back on them and helping sinners to improve themselves instead of condemning them.

You’re right that it’s the Church as an institution that has done much damage for me. And you’re right that Jesus the man is the epitome of selflessness and generosity. But “Jesus as a Saviour” is sadly so intertwined into Church politics and BS that it becomes very hard to dissociate the two, TBH.

12 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

now let’s not invalidate other people’s trauma…i share similar views on jesus as you but i don’t mind if people are uncomfortable due to their experience with religion. as @GeminiLanaFan said they have no problem with songs like body electric or god knows i tried, but i talk to jesus is too reminiscent of constantly hearing preachers say you’re a sinner who needs to be saved by jesus. everyone has their own beliefs and there’s no need to be righteous about jesus specifically  when spirituality can be universal and broad. 

Thank you, hun :kiss:  For your empathy. 

To be fair, I didn’t think @wilting daisy was invalidating and I don’t mind the debate around religion, especially in a pre-pre-release thread where everyone will express their wishful thinking / wildest dream about what we want the next LP to be. And I’m glad that LB hasn’t had the experience I had with church and good for Lana if it’s not the case either. That being said, if that song is on some album in the future, I’ll gladly listen to it and if I don’t connect with it, I’ll be fine. Lana clearly doesn’t make music for me specifically :omfg2: 

36 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

What is going awnnnnn in this thread rn :hair:

Bah nothing new, just a mild debate around including ITTJ on the next LP. But all is good :kiss:

1 hour ago, cherrytropico said:

i'm not invalidating anyone's trauma. i'm just pointing out that hwr trauma is tied to the religious institution and not jesus himself. like if lana was begging a preacher to help her it would be different than her begging jesus (a guy who canonically just hwlped people and wasn't hateful or cruel) to help her. we can't decide someone is bad just bc of how other people portray them. 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

This argument is funny to me because I thought she was always asking Jesus to “save her” ironically :air: like I thought the song was about wanting to commit 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

10 minutes ago, taco truck said:

This argument is funny to me because I thought she was always asking Jesus to “save her” ironically :air: like I thought the song was about wanting to commit 

that's literally what it is im pretty sure, idk what some ppl are on

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

LDR10 needs to be Psychedelic, i dont care if its psychedelic pop or rock or electronic or experimental. LANA NEEDS TO BE A PSYCHEDELIC ENTITY :oprah3:I need a Lana record to do drugs to.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

I've always interpreted the song to be about suicide as well, that was my first thought

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

LDR10 needs to be Psychedelic, i dont care if its psychedelic pop or rock or electronic or experimental. LANA NEEDS TO BE A PSYCHEDELIC ENTITY :oprah3:I need a Lana record to do drugs to.

I mean, anything but another album stacked with piano ballads. Anything literally. I'd take a trash EDM Lana record over piano. Bues, reggae, heavy metal, dubstep, k-pop, bring anything. other. than. piano. ballads. ffs. lana. please.

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

I mean, anything but another album stacked with piano ballads. Anything literally. I'd take a trash EDM Lana record over piano. Bues, reggae, heavy metal, dubstep, k-pop, bring anything. other. than. piano. ballads. ffs. lana. please.

:wtf:

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Don’t kill me - but do we think there’s going to be a strong country influence on this next album? Some signs point to it - 

1. Covering Stand By Your Man at the recent shows. She covered For Free on the NFR tour and it was on the following album. Perhaps a studio version exists and will be on the next album?

2. An Instagram story from September 2022 captioned “I hope you guys like country music”. At that point, most of DYKTTATUOB was finished, with Margaret (the last song recorded) written and recorded that month. Perhaps she started work on the following record already?

3. Her recent studio session in Alabama, which, as a southern state, has a lot of overlap with a more “Americana” country sound.