Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

cola type instrumental with fingertips introspective esque lyrics :oprah4:

F-ing love Cola. Paradise is underrated.

The one-two combo of Born to Die's tracks like Blue Jeans and Born to Die, and then Paradise's Cola and Ride and God and Monsters, wow. Who even does that?

Also, the opening three tracks of Paradise (Ride, Cola and American)back to back don't get enough love. One of her greatest three-song combos ever.

It's only surpassed by BTD, Off to the Races and Blue Jeans, and then Norman's NFR, Mariner's and Venice Bitch. And, of course, UV had a really strong opening trio too.

But I do feel like her last three albums don't have that level of oomph, with songs like Sweet and Tulsa Jesus Freak not reaching those highs, and BB having her weakest opening

Hopefully, we get a total slay with LDR 10's opening.

7 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

cola type instrumental with fingertips introspective esque lyrics :oprah4:

That would be genius not gonna lie :et:

url%5D

I know that it's just unrealistic at this point of her life but tbh I would also love some Pin Up Galore/Trash Magic/Dealer type of album. It would end up too dark but anyways gimme that sad stripper vibes :fabcat:

3 hours ago, Slow Dance to rock music said:

intuitively, i'm ready for the next real clue/ info about the next album. it just feels right rn

bubblegum pink vinyl :true:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

First time back here since DYKTTATUOB dropped. Soz I’ve been in the tunnel listening this whole time.

why is everyone fighting 😭

who wants to give me a rundown of what we know about the next one? Do we know anything?

I hope Jack is doing it, don’t @ me. My biggest hope is that she continues going down this weird and alternative route of A&W (ok I love the second half but the first half is easily in her top 5 songs of all time) and stunning wordy epics like fingertips. My only slight criticism of the last album (which I consider her best) is that it felt a little fractured with the different genres, and I’d have loved if there was something that tied the Peppers and the Sweet’s together a bit more.

I have faith she’s going to continue to improve and don’t ultimately care what direction she takes her next project because I’ll rearrange my personality / taste to like it, idfc, she’s worth it xx

i think we can live without another lana album till at least 2025 tbh

she’s released so much music in the last five years (4 albums in 5 years is a lot when you actually look at it) 

if it’s what she wants, she should take a break, tour, live/party, and come back when she has something fresh to say

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

probably not this round bc i really do feel like we're getting like avante garde country jazz or something along those lines but in the future i wouldn't mind something with laura nyro vibes from lana. kinda upbeat eccentric piano led tracks with multi-tracked vocals and brill building style melodies. i feel like lana's music is already fairly laura nyro adjacent but something more explicitly inspired by her would be fun.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

3 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

i think we can live without another lana album till at least 2025 tbh

she’s released so much music in the last five years (4 albums in 5 years is a lot when you actually look at it) 

if it’s what she wants, she should take a break, tour, live/party, and come back when she has something fresh to say

I agree! Take some time off and come back with something fresh. I really hope she doesn't rush the release and pull another Blue Banisters. 

Yeah if there was no LDR album in 2024 I’d be okay. I would love her to tour all year so she re-connects with all her fans from countries she hasn’t been in years. 

also I totally see Ocean Blvd being the Lust for Life of Lana’s current chapter. A transition to end a cycle (BTD - LFL / NFR - OB) and the slow but sure beginning of a new one.

are we upon a brand new Lana sound / direction? :oprah3:

7 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

are we upon a brand new Lana sound / direction? :oprah3:

when we get country album part I, II and III then what

and also for giving me Margaret