Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 hours ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

After reading the Interview it seems like this album is still in early stages but somehow it got even more interesting & mysterious for me :hide:

I think it's still super interesting what Jack posted in July , that Lana refuses to leave the studio & that they going into a strange direction 

Now Lana saying the next one will probably go in a Americana direction 

I think she might still experiment around with the sound of the album and where to go

Then that she is editing her lyrics and that the writing process is different from DYTTATUOB album , but mostly that she met up with another writer, always love when she works with new people :trisha:

And they must have met / starting meeting 2 months ago 

Also still super curious about the Waffle House weekend session songs, I wonder if they end up on the album

All those things make me so excited for the next months (or years lol) to come , it's like we got a good amount of clues  and I can't wait to see how things will develope since we must be in an early stage. Also to look back on these pages when we finally press play to hear LDR10 and see what a journey that was :oprah:

do we have an idea who the writer is? has she followed any writers on ig recently?

i'd love her to work with rufus wainwright. i think he'd bring out something new in her. and she said multiple times she looks up to him.

My mind every album cycle be like :trisha: :

9 minutes ago, Pedriko said:

guys please quit this yapping about americana will we have electric guitar or not please tell me

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

rick nowels' long-lost twin brother, nick rowels :true: 

if a bad disguise is all he needed to get back in that studio to show her his new sick trap beats than i'm glad he finally did it

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I mean she has been in Tennessee a lot lately.... Nashville and country music as a whole has a lot of wonderful songwriters whether you like the genre or not (most not on radio which is a whole other debacle) As it's lana any collaboration will still feature her heavily so its not like she'd stop writing at all....

OMG what if she toured in Mississippi bc she tracked down Bobbie Gentry and is collabing with her?! Ode to Billie Joe Part 2 and For K Part 3 INCOMING!!!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I'd love a more stripped back, acoustic guitar, record. My mood board of songs would be;

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Hallucinogenics

Thunder

Let The Light In

Yayo (AKA Version)

3 hours ago, Mer said:

Honestly I find "Americana" to be one of the vaguest terms used in music today. The term itself simply means "things associated with the culture and history of America", which could be anything from country to psychedelic pop/rock to folk. Even on this forum we can't agree which Lana album thus far as been the most "Americana" (personally, I think it's NFR! or Chemtrails; but a strong case could be made for BTD or UV). 

so more of Blue Jeans, National Anthem, Cola, Norman Rockwell and John Deere 

or Hollywood, Marilyn, Elvis and Hells Angels (Angels Forever), maybe she prepares the unreleased collection :popcorn:

26 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I think AKA has Americana vibes :true:

YES! it's such a nostalgic album which feels so summery and americana :wub: especially songs with a folky/rural feel like queen of the gas station, oh say can you see, raise me up (mississippi south), and pawn shop blues, for k, pt. 2, and jump also have that similar feel but with a different tone/vibe, even the surf noir songs of AKA like kill kill and mermaid motel feel americana even if their sound invokes oceanic, tropical, and mystical imagery rather than nature and rural/southern landscapes, every track off of AKA is perfect and so special and so unique... AKA remains album of the century! Exactly And I Told Her I Said Maam Wineponmoo GIF - Exactly ...

WGe8ynS.gif

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

YES! it's such a nostalgic album which feels so summery and americana :wub: especially songs with a folky/rural feel like queen of the gas station, oh say can you see, raise me up (mississippi south), and pawn shop blues, for k, pt. 2, and jump also have that similar feel but with a different tone/vibe, even the surf noir songs of AKA like kill kill and mermaid motel feel americana even if their sound invokes oceanic and mystical imagery rather than nature and rural/southern landscapes, every track off of AKA is perfect, AKA remains album of the century! Exactly And I Told Her I Said Maam Wineponmoo GIF - Exactly ...

SPILL QUEEN :gclap:

those are the americana vibes we need!

remembering the For K soundcheck... :um2: