Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Nikki has really cute style but can her voice please stay off LDR10… I honestly don’t want any collabs:pft:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

18 minutes ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

:true:

I love both the original and Whitney’s version but Dolly’s just hits different. I’ve always wanted Lana to do a cover of this also.

2 hours ago, taco truck said:

Nikki has really cute style but can her voice please stay off LDR10… I honestly don’t want any collabs:pft:

I actually like Nikki but her and Lana don’t go well together in my opinion. Their voices don’t match, like Father John Misty and Lana feel like they’re musical soulmates. Nikki and Lana just don’t collab well together 

I want a lana dolly cover but of a deep cut early stuff (what lana is a fan of). The Bridge, Dover, the one about being sent to an asylum by a man so he can get with another women. Dollys dark and twisty sad girl shit from early on. Hell I'd take I'll Oilwells Love You even.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

FUCKING HELL. I just had the most vivid dream and my jaw is still dropped. 

In this dream, I had just gotten home when I checked my phone and saw Lana posted on IG. I check it and it was a reel, some sort of BTS video with new music and the caption said something about creating something special for us, releasing very soon. It was very similar to an album trailer.

After scrolling down her feed, it was full of screencaps of a new video and each photo had a caption of a timestamp next to a name of one of her past songs. I was confused, after I checked her YouTube page... 

:oprah2:

She had just released a new fucking song and it was around 15 minutes long. I think it was a short film. She looked fantastic, the video was very ethereal, it featured scenes of her dancing in her underwear and then people attending a funeral, her siblings hanging out, etc, which was very odd lol 

That's when I realized what the timestamps meant... She sampled some of her most popular songs throughout the new song (only small lines, like a cute throwback)

I don't remember much about the song, except for it being produced by Jack and it had the line "I wear my days blue". It sounded similar to Let the Light In and A&W. Very folk, bu moody and dark as hell.

Then checking LB... Only two threads were made cause apparently the site went down :eartha:

Some people here were discussing how good the song was, because she was addressing most of her past controversies as a huge "fuck you" at the critics and fake fans, it was very catty and sassy. Others complained because Lana had only released the film without the name of the single, (I think the title was something like "LANA DEL REY - SHORT FILM") nor the release date for the song or the album... Just the film with a titleless song :air:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Now I'm fucking pissed because deep inside, I KNEW I was dreaming. Part of me simply couldn't believe my eyes. It was the slayage of the millennium. Everyone was gagged, it seemed to be something everyone had wanted and expected from her for years :bebe:

I've been having lucid dreams lately, so now I can tell when I'm about to wake up and be disappointed. As I scrolled down through lanaboards, my vision was getting blurry and some comments didn't make any sense... It was all too good to be true and my brain knew it :bebe:

Random fact, earlier in the dream, Thunder came on the radio and I recorded it with my phone so I could send it to my mom, since it's her favorite song (after The Greatest) :oprah3:

So I had a very heavy Lana dream :grinds:

Spoiler

And both Lana and I were wearing a huge red diamond heart necklace :pout: if any of you knows how to decode dreams, please tell me what it means and why it felt so relevant in the dream 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

14 hours ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

:true:

:seeit:

On another note, I wonder if Lana will re-record /repurpose any unreleased songs for the album:daydream:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

31 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

On another note, I wonder if Lana will re-record /repurpose any unreleased songs for the album:daydream:

Fine China would be a good choice for an Americana LP. The lyrics is very « stuff of country songs »

35 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

Hey Blue Baby and I Must Be Stupid for Being so Happy :flutter:

9 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

FUCKING HELL. I just had the most vivid dream and my jaw is still dropped. 

In this dream, I had just gotten home when I checked my phone and saw Lana posted on IG. I check it and it was a reel, some sort of BTS video with new music and the caption said something about creating something special for us, releasing very soon. It was very similar to an album trailer.

After scrolling down her feed, it was full of screencaps of a new video and each photo had a caption of a timestamp next to a name of one of her past songs. I was confused, after I checked her YouTube page... 

:oprah2:

She had just released a new fucking song and it was around 15 minutes long. I think it was a short film. She looked fantastic, the video was very ethereal, it featured scenes of her dancing in her underwear and then people attending a funeral, her siblings hanging out, etc, which was very odd lol 

That's when I realized what the timestamps meant... She sampled some of her most popular songs throughout the new song (only small lines, like a cute throwback)

I don't remember much about the song, except for it being produced by Jack and it had the line "I wear my days blue". It sounded similar to Let the Light In and A&W. Very folk, bu moody and dark as hell.

Then checking LB... Only two threads were made cause apparently the site went down :eartha:

Some people here were discussing how good the song was, because she was addressing most of her past controversies as a huge "fuck you" at the critics and fake fans, it was very catty and sassy. Others complained because Lana had only released the film without the name of the single, (I think the title was something like "LANA DEL REY - SHORT FILM") nor the release date for the song or the album... Just the film with a titleless song :air:

manifesting all of this because omg it sounds so perfect :justride:

"Don’t forget me"

10 hours ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

I personally hope she re-records Pawn Shop Blues or For K, PT. 2 for the album too. They both have this folksy twang to them and it would be iconic to finally have them released :oprah3:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

manifesting:

• more piano songs like french restaurant, candy necklace, and paris texas – sublime melody and creative use of the instrument, not just four chords played over and over (*cough* jack and drew *cough*). when lana brings in actual pianists like jon batiste, syml, and whoever composed french restaurant we get heaven. 

• more guitar songs like let the light in, mariners apartment complex, yosemite, and dragonslayer – i want to hearrrr the instrument not just have it muted in the background. henry come on is a good start but the guitar is a little too quiet and simple, hopefully it builds up to strumming. 

• more moments like the end of iyldwm and the bridge of dance til we die, especially if this is a folky country album. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

3 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

manifesting:

• more piano songs like french restaurant, candy necklace, and paris texas – sublime melody and creative use of the instrument, not just four chords played over and over (*cough* jack and drew *cough*). when lana brings in actual pianists like jon batiste, syml, and whoever composed french restaurant we get heaven. 

• more guitar songs like let the light in, mariners apartment complex, yosemite, and dragonslayer – i want to hearrrr the instrument not just have it muted in the background. henry come on is a good start but the guitar is a little too quiet and simple, hopefully it builds up to strumming. 

• more moments like the end of iyldwm and the bridge of dance til we die, especially if this is a folky country album. 

manifesting this too:oprah3:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

6 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

manifesting:

I want to add a manifestation 

Just one more time i want to hear her being cinematic ( Rick Nowels ) , it's way too perfect of a sound and aesthetic for her to leave behind completelty:point: