barttttender

Most underrated moments on Lana's albums?

Hey, y'all,

Time to highlight some of the less appreciated moments on Lana's records. ;)

I'm just re-listening to Blue Banisters (a rare moment for me as I think it's her worst record). But Mike Dean's work with Wildflower beats is something else. Can we have a full album with just her and this style of beats, please? :silly:

What are some of the moments you appreciate that aren't really talked about much? :hooker:

The flying rocket sound or the weird whirly sound in Blue Jeans after the bridge and before the final chorus. I loved it since the beginning and it's kinda sad that it's one of the less talked moments of the song...:crying5:

url%5D

When she starts yelling, like in Dealer, in the bridge of Living Legend, in the end of Pink Champagne, in Heroin (it's fucking hot hot...), or maybe in certain inflections of her voice in Fingertips (I couldn't handle it, gave myself two seconds to cry, it's a tragedy...).

I always saw it as an expression of her despair, her true self.

And systematically, immediately after, she calms down, going back to being a serene queen. That's beautiful.

backing vocals during bridge in god bless america - and all the beautiful women in it and her doing oo-oh oo-oh during coachella - woodstock in my mind outro …. instrumental of cola especially during chorus, the way she songs phrase “you’re crazy for me” right before the second verse in cruel world, the piano in list for life instrumental, sound effects in heroin during last pre chorus

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

The entirety of Blue Jeans. I think it's one of her least-discussed singles on this forum and in general. It's an incredible song, the one that turned me into a total stan and it's still a game changer. The final chorus is music peak.

Her vocal delivery in Fingertips is devastating. Everyone talks about the lyrics (some of her absolute best), but it wouldn't be the same without that genuine, urgent singing. "I couldn't hear what they said on the telephone" is a show stopper.

The horns in Arcadia (which were composed by Lana herself btw).

The electric guitar in “Heroin’s” second pre-chorus/chorus that kicks in after the line “like the heavy metal that you hear.”

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

All the screaming in the background of "This is what makes us girls". It really reminds me of girls screaming in an indoor pool(we used to go break into the hotel, Glimmerin', we'd swim), the whole echo-y bouncing off walls aspect of it all. It adds to the summer feeling of it, and the care-free lifestyle Lana was living at the time.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

9 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

the background noises in Is This Happines, like birds, clapping and aliens or something. :ohmy:

Alien...noises :awkney:

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33