That Venice Bitch

New Song “Suburban House” by Holly Macve feat. LDR - Out Now!

Will be filing next to the BØRNS collabs under “cringe inauthentic artists who had the good fortune of collaborating with Lana Del Rey” 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I really wanted to love this one, but I just… don’t. And it’s not about the production being lowkey, most of my favorite Lana songs are piano ballads.

Feels the same as Life Lesson to me in the sense that they’re saying a whole lot of words that mean absolutely nothing. But at least Life Lesson had some interesting melodic choices, this doesn’t even have that working for it. 

Also the cut to a different vocal take at 2:05 is so shockingly messy that it completely pulled me out of it.

3 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

the melody actually kinda reminds me of paris texas lmao am i the only one? like if it was slower and sung with her lower voice 

It's funny because I think you meant her song Paris, Texas and I first read that as Paris, Texas the movie, and I was agreeing with you on that. :thumb3:

Look I'm not gonna mince words (and I don't mean this unkindly, just being honest):

Lana's voice > Holly's

The fact that Lana's voice follows Holly's just highlights it

It's honestly a really useless collab; like what is the point of putting Lana on your song when she sounds better than you do (other than $$$)

I'm not saying Holly is without talent but she's done herself a disservice here by letting the listener hear how much clearer and smoother Lana's voice is 

And they don't sound different enough to make it interesting

Don't need to listen again; will forget it exists

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream