Sign in to follow this  
takemybreath

Lana approached for 'Priscilla' soundtrack but declined due to timing

1 hour ago, takemybreath said:

https://www.justjared.com/2023/11/03/did-lana-del-rey-almost-star-in-priscilla-director-sofia-coppola-talks-casting-rumor/

“And we were hoping she could do a song for it, but it didn’t work out with the timing. We invited her to the premiere. I don’t think she can come.” :flop:

CWpdCVLUEAAJ0i5.jpg

there’s going to be part of me.. no matter how good the film is.. that will be watching like this with this new found information that lana could have been part of it

i am BITTER. i just know it would have been such an iconic part of her soundtrack discography 

she is so sick and twisted sometimes! 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Y'all act like somebody can just whip a song together in 3 days for a movie about the Presleys. 

Then if the song wasn't super great there would be 1000s of people trashing the song. 

Why are so many so hyper critical? 

Is it just joking around, a widescale demonic possession, or just something like cramps? Honestly curious. 

As far as the movie goes, I'm interested how Priscila will respond to Elvis kissing all of the women in the front row. 

1 minute ago, la otra mujer said:

why didn’t they used an old song??? 1949 would be so perfect or old money idk i just needed to hear Lana’s voice in the trailer/movie :crai:

A reworked 1949 for the movie would’ve been so great, and actually be very fun in general. I can imagine it going many ways production wise. I hope it gets released one day.

50 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Y'all act like somebody can just whip a song together in 3 days for a movie about the Presleys. 

Then if the song wasn't super great there would be 1000s of people trashing the song. 

Why are so many so hyper critical? 

Is it just joking around, a widescale demonic possession, or just something like cramps? Honestly curious. 

As far as the movie goes, I'm interested how Priscila will respond to Elvis kissing all of the women in the front row. 

3 days…..? :judgingu3: More like 3 months

1 hour ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

yall don't get it Lana believes she was BORN to play Priscilla...... not getting it in either with directors she adores.......it's bleak for her/ she's def pissed.

Then that’s her fault for being delusional that at 38 years old she could play 14 year old Priscilla Presley who she only actually looked like during 2012-2014

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

i hate that she didn't work something out but i understand. i guess the whole priscilla vibe/look doesn't really fit her aesthetic or writing style anymore, maybe she wants to move on. it could also be because there was some controversy surrounding the script and the presleys and she didn't wanna get involved. 

it was a loss but at least the film looks good :stop:

violets in your eyes

2 hours ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

yall don't get it Lana believes she was BORN to play Priscilla...... not getting it in either with directors she adores.......it's bleak for her/ she's def pissed.

i really just think lana doesn’t care enough. i really don’t believe that she believes she was born to play priscilla, you just made that up!:awkney2:

Gustavo (friend of BlackoutZone) wrote earlier this year on Twitter that in 2022 Lana turned down an (acting?) role in something important. This was in response to the Candy Necklace music video with the Hollywood star scene.

Could this be related to Priscilla, or is anything else known about Lana turning down a role?

37 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Gustavo (friend of BlackoutZone) wrote earlier this year on Twitter that in 2022 Lana turned down an (acting?) role in something important. This was in response to the Candy Necklace music video with the Hollywood star scene.

Could this be related to Priscilla, or is anything else known about Lana turning down a role?

I don’t think Sofia would ever try and cast Lana as Priscilla, maybe a minor cameo role? Again, Lana is almost 40, there is no way she could pass for a 15 year old Priscilla Presley.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 hours ago, takemybreath said:

https://www.justjared.com/2023/11/03/did-lana-del-rey-almost-star-in-priscilla-director-sofia-coppola-talks-casting-rumor/

“And we were hoping she could do a song for it, but it didn’t work out with the timing. We invited her to the premiere. I don’t think she can come.” :flop:

this b*tch :bitchfight: