Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

i really thing she is getting best alt performance, best alt album is going to boygenius, best pop duo to candy necklace and aoty is between SOS and ocean for sure

"That boygenius shit isn't better than any fucking Lana Del Rey that's rapping today, you know?" Banks said. "When they give those awards out -- because the Grammys are supposed to be accolades of artistic excellence, you know what I mean? boygenius is not excellent. [...] When they give these Grammys out, all it says to boygenius is: 'Oh yeah, you're great, you're amazing, you can do whatever you put your mind to.' And it says to Lana Del Rey: 'You don't have shit. You don't own shit, not even the shit you created for yourself,' and it makes me upset."

12 minutes ago, honey dew said:

"That boygenius shit isn't better than any fucking Lana Del Rey that's rapping today, you know?" Banks said. "When they give those awards out -- because the Grammys are supposed to be accolades of artistic excellence, you know what I mean? boygenius is not excellent. [...] When they give these Grammys out, all it says to boygenius is: 'Oh yeah, you're great, you're amazing, you can do whatever you put your mind to.' And it says to Lana Del Rey: 'You don't have shit. You don't own shit, not even the shit you created for yourself,' and it makes me upset."

my ears were attacked by boygenius for a few seconds once and I can confim

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

1 hour ago, Cult Leader said:

my ears were attacked by boygenius for a few seconds once and I can confim

i don't hate boygenius but i'm not understanding the critical acclaim; how are they up there with lana? not a fan of their whisper singing and tumblr style of songwriting. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

5 hours ago, honey dew said:

What is this from?

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

If Lana doesn't win any of the awards she's nominated for, even if she doesn't win at least ONE award, I swear to God, I will jump off a cliff...:suicide:

I mean, I know that the Grammy Awards can be a shitshow sometimes but she really deserves it. She carried the 2023's music industry in her back, she and her music were viral all over the (social) media and Ocean Blvd has all the perfect qualities what an AOTY winning album should have. The album was also widely praised by the critics and it did commercially very well, being one of her best sales performance in years!!!!!!!

url%5D

13 hours ago, honey dew said:

Omg I’m so dumb, I thought this was an actual interview from recently and was shocked Azealia was team Lana again 

~*Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires.*~

6 hours ago, #FreeCandyNecklace said:

Omg I’m so dumb, I thought this was an actual interview from recently and was shocked Azealia was team Lana again 

4 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

somehow i feel like azealia will be team lana again one day :sideeye:

I really hope and pray but for that to happen she would actually need to swallow her pride. of which the likelihood is as close to zero as mathematically possible

I was analysing previous winners for the Alternative categories and I concluded that they give the award to the most acclaimed song/album... Last year, Best Alternative Music Album was given to Wet Leg, who were competing with Bjork, Arcade Fire, Japanese Breakfast and Halsey (:rip:). They also won Best Alternatvie Music Performance, a brand new category, against Arctic Monkeys, Big Thief, Florence and the Machine and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Big Thief deserved though). In previous years, Best Alternative Music Album was given to St Vincent, Fiona Apple, Vampire Weekend, The National, David Bowie, Alabama Shakes... so it's safe to assume they care a lot about "professional" critical success for this one. All these artists had the most acclaimed album compared to the rest of the nominees. A&W will definitely win Alt Performance.

This year, Lana is against Boygenius, Arctic Monkeys, Gorillaz and PJ Harvey. It'll be tough, as both Ocean Blvd and The Record are the most acclaimed albums of the year; Ocean having more of a retrospective success and is currently enjoying a monumental moment.

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance is an instant loss, as they always give it to the biggest collab of the year, as simple as that; Unholy, Kiss Me More, Rain On Me, Old Town Road, Shallow, Uptown Funk... They chose more alternative songs previously, like Feel It Still by Portugal the Man or Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots, but those were still enormous global hits. Candy Necklace, one of the least "commercial" songs from Ocean Blvd, has no chance, although it would be absolutely epic if it wins. This one will probably go to Taylor Swift and Ice Spice :rip:

2 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I was analysing previous winners for the Alternative categories and I concluded that they give the award to the most acclaimed song/album... Last year, Best Alternative Music Album was given to Wet Leg, who were competing with Bjork, Arcade Fire, Japanese Breakfast and Halsey (:rip:). They also won Best Alternatvie Music Performance, a brand new category, against Arctic Monkeys, Big Thief, Florence and the Machine and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Big Thief deserved though). In previous years, Best Alternative Music Album was given to St Vincent, Fiona Apple, Vampire Weekend, The National, David Bowie, Alabama Shakes... so it's safe to assume they care a lot about "professional" critical success for this one. All these artists had the most acclaimed album compared to the rest of the nominees. A&W will definitely win Alt Performance.

This year, Lana is against Boygenius, Arctic Monkeys, Gorillaz and PJ Harvey. It'll be tough, as both Ocean Blvd and The Record are the most acclaimed albums of the year; Ocean having more of a retrospective success and is currently enjoying a monumental moment.

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance is an instant loss, as they always give it to the biggest collab of the year, as simple as that; Unholy, Kiss Me More, Rain On Me, Old Town Road, Shallow, Uptown Funk... They chose more alternative songs previously, like Feel It Still by Portugal the Man or Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots, but those were still enormous global hits. Candy Necklace, one of the least "commercial" songs from Ocean Blvd, has no chance, although it would be absolutely epic if it wins. This one will probably go to Taylor Swift and Ice Spice :rip:

Very informative!

thanks, hun :kiss:

i just hope she gets one this time around.

10 more days till we find out if Lana wins y'all!!! :oprah9:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

billboard made some predictions and they don't think lana is gonna win any main category https://www.billboard.com/lists/grammy-predictions-2024-album-of-the-year-best-new-artist/album-of-the-year-3/

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

31 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

billboard made some predictions and they don't think lana is gonna win any main category https://www.billboard.com/lists/grammy-predictions-2024-album-of-the-year-best-new-artist/album-of-the-year-3/

:eyeroll2: I do think Lana will win a main category this time around (I hope I don't eat my words).

They didn't even mention Lana in any of their category analysis (apart from the Producer one for Jack) ... the absolute disrespect to not even acknowledge A&W :crossed: It's like they think she's not even worthy of talking about :smh:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

17 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

the only thing i have in mind is that in 2019 everyone thought she would win with nfr and that didn’t happen. what i have learned is that the grammys are unpredictable :true: last year no one thought harry styles would win aoty and well… 

so she won't win aoty because it feels like 2019 all over again tbh

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

17 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

last year no one thought harry styles would win aoty and well… 

Renaissance losing is still a tragedy.

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹