Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

1 hour ago, LifeOnMars said:

I think I would be more upset if she lost all the alt categories to boygenius than if she lost all the main categories to Taylor at this point. 

her only real competitors in the alt categories and i agree, would be a huge bummer. but i get the vibe that the institution of the grammys is maybe finally ready to give lana a win not just for this album but for her body of work...so fingers remain crossed.

aOaIzH2.gif

The male critic sounds like a stan who can’t grow from his tween years and be an adult and do his job properly, he literally sounds like a Twitter troll stan lmao. I bet he’s old and can’t hear well and can’t hear what Lana’s whispering about and just gave up lol :derpna3:

Also, what he said about SZA’s Kill Bill??

Record & Song Of The Year:
“Flowers” is an excellently crafted song from top-to-bottom and got my vote in both categories. Miley Cyrus has a voice that is unique within the mainstream world and I think she is finally proving her worth. My vote was between that and “What Was I Made For”. Both songs excel in connecting to its listeners on a personal level, which is a great talent in songwriting, but I believe Flowers radiating feel-good energy did it a tiny bit better. On the other hand, I honestly find it distasteful that anyone would consider such a violent song like “Kill Bill” anything worthy of praise. I listened to her album a mere one time before voting and the degeneracy of songs like “Kill Bill” and the others is just something I cannot support and something that I do not believe the Recording Academy should be condoning.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

5 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

The male critic sounds like a stan who can’t grow from his tween years and be an adult and do his job properly, he literally sounds like a Twitter troll stan lmao. I bet he’s old and can’t hear well and can’t hear what Lana’s whispering about and just gave up lol :derpna3:

Also, what he said about SZA’s Kill Bill??

“violent” is such a wild thing to say considering how “violent” country music is nowadays. just go and listen to that so-called Ben Shapiro song

and also for giving me Margaret

Some things I’ve been thinking about…

We will probably know the winner(s) of Best Alt Performance and Best Alt Album before the ceremony even starts, if I’m not mistaken. I think Pop/Duo Recording is presented live? She could go into the night with more than one Grammy already lol

Also, the Grammy’s LOVE Jon Batiste. That could hit home the Pop/Duo award. It may be more locked up than we think, but we’ll see!

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

11 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Some things I’ve been thinking about…

We will probably know the winner(s) of Best Alt Performance and Best Alt Album before the ceremony even starts, if I’m not mistaken. I think Pop/Duo Recording is presented live? She could go into the night with more than one Grammy already lol

Also, the Grammy’s LOVE Jon Batiste. That could hit home the Pop/Duo award. It may be more locked up than we think, but we’ll see!

It looks like Wet Leg gave an acceptance speech last year but idk at what point it happened. Pretty sure it wasn’t televised. 

Actually from looking at other years it looks like it happens before the main ceremony. So I guess they may let the winners know ahead of time. 

There is going to be a livestream for some of the awards that are given out like 5 hours before the Grammys. It’s possible that the alternative categories will be announced there. 

“Taking place at Peacock Theater in Los Angeles hours before the 2024 GRAMMYs, the 2024 GRAMMYs Premiere Ceremony, officially known as the 66th GRAMMY Awards Premiere Ceremony, is a special presentation in which the majority of the night’s GRAMMY Awards are awarded. The 2024 GRAMMYs Premiere Ceremony will stream live on Sunday, Feb. 4, at 12:30 p.m. PT/3:30 p.m. ET on the Recording Academy's YouTube channel and on live.GRAMMY.com. ”

https://www.grammy.com/news/2024-grammys-premiere-ceremony-performers-host-66th-grammy-awards

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

There is going to be a livestream for the awards that are given out like 5 hours before the Grammys. It’s possible that the alternative categories will be announced there. 

“Taking place at Peacock Theater in Los Angeles hours before the 2024 GRAMMYs, the 2024 GRAMMYs Premiere Ceremony, officially known as the 66th GRAMMY Awards Premiere Ceremony, is a special presentation in which the majority of the night’s GRAMMY Awards are awarded. The 2024 GRAMMYs Premiere Ceremony will stream live on Sunday, Feb. 4, at 12:30 p.m. PT/3:30 p.m. ET on the Recording Academy's YouTube channel and on live.GRAMMY.com. ”

https://www.grammy.com/news/2024-grammys-premiere-ceremony-performers-host-66th-grammy-awards

idk i think with a name as big as lana del rey they might want to put them in the ceremony