Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

2 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

what did we expect? one of the voters literally said he didn’t even bother listening to the album because of her SNL performance and that he voted taylor because she was everywhere 

Yes, and the fact that he said that publicly... It's pathetic for the recording academy.

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

honestly what hurts the most is that she lost the "easier" categories. aoty and soty are always super tricky if you're not in the top 5 of the charts and playing on the radio all the time. being snubbed even in her own lane is just a slap in the face. like they could'nt even give her best pop duo with the jon batiste cred. insanity

it's already 3:12 am here and I'm unable to sleep, eating my sad cake :cat:

Well put, literal slap in the face.

That said, it's just jealousy 1:1. They all fucking wish they could write a track like OB, let alone the whole album.

11 minutes ago, love deluxe said:

lana birthed a whole generation of artists who constantly praise her and credit her as their biggest inspiration, so why do the floating heads behind the curtain continuously refuse to take her seriously? i don’t know. i’m just really sad.

this is the part that gets me...like they have no issue praising people who have directly credited her as inspiration but refuse to acknowledge her herself. it's very frustrating. 

I think I'll end my existence in this thread with this,

We really did lose HARD tonight :rip: and tonight was rough but Lana sat in the front row of the Grammy's next to THE biggest musician on the planet (and obvious close personal friend), having been nominated for FIVE categories after releasing one of her most cohesive and captivating works after 18 years of writing music. Then, a project she is involved in wins the biggest award of the night, and accompanies the artist to the stage to accept her award. That shot of Lana standing there with Sam Dew shouldn't be coded as "sad" or "disappointing" or whatever. That is truly one of her most iconic shots ever. We can't change who wins but we can accept the outcomes without vitriol or hate. She is standing on the Grammy's stage being praised by the winner of AOTY surrounded by her close musician friends. Taylor literally dedicated time from her own speech to genuinely recognize Lana without going down the corny "I shouldn't have won this, you should've" route. Millions of people around the planet watched that tribute, and whether you like it or not, this was one of the biggest nights of Lana's career.

That being said, the lack of recognition for Lana's work is unconscionable. But that isn't what makes the art good.

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

8 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Question for the culture:

When can mother go back to making art and not worrying about fake ass award shows?

This!!! Right??? She doesn’t even like those kind of events. Just let her wear cowboy boots and give us nothing on social media ❤️

37 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

Lana will always be a winner in my eyes :oprah3: so many of the greatest artists never received grammys either. its a shame they refuse to give her any respect at the very least

It’s cus the grammys KNOW that these type of artists are out of their league.

UV/Honeymoon

7 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

We really did lose HARD tonight :rip: and tonight was rough but Lana sat in the front row of the Grammy's next to THE biggest musician on the planet (and obvious close personal friend), having been nominated for FIVE categories after releasing one of her most cohesive and captivating works after 18 years of writing music. Then, a project she is involved in wins the biggest award of the night, and accompanies the artist to the stage to accept her award. That shot of Lana standing there with Sam Dew shouldn't be coded as "sad" or "disappointing" or whatever. That is truly one of her most iconic shots ever. We can't change who wins but we can accept the outcomes without vitriol or hate. She is standing on the Grammy's stage being praised by the winner of AOTY surrounded by her close musician friends. Taylor literally dedicated time from her own speech to genuinely recognize Lana without going down the corny "I shouldn't have won this, you should've" route. Millions of people around the planet watched that tribute, and whether you like it or not, this was one of the biggest nights of Lana's career.

That being said, the lack of recognition for Lana's work is unconscionable. But that isn't what makes the art good.

omg this was so cute , in fact this chilled me out . thx 😭

no matter what, her legacy and status as a legend keeps on going and lots of people saw that tonight

the way that they robbed her...

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

5 minutes ago, AllHisCandyNecklaces said:

Probably unimportant but did they AI generate the bottom part of this image because I don’t think we ever got the full version right? 
IMG-8337.jpg

The photo used at the Grammys:

IMG-8336.jpg

not unless Lana's team sent the full image to them for this?

lets close this thread with Margaret playing :crai:

'Cause when you know, you know
When you know, you know
So if you don't know, don't give up
'Cause you never know what the new day might bring

To be fair, she will never win a Grammy unless she starts playing the game.. and I don’t know what’s worse, being snubbed by the Grammys or finally winning one because you gifted your way there 

at the end of the day, she doesn’t need a Grammy to quantify her success, she’s an inspiration to so many and she’s been on that billboard 100 with BTD for 10 years :flutter:

the fan base she has is so dedicated and intense. And we’ll never forget her. You don’t get to become a cult favourite without making deep and impactful music.

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

8 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I hope this doesn’t drag her down. Instead, I hope she uses this as motivation to keep making amazing art and ignore what these dumb people have to say about it. There’s a reason she’s influenced so many artists; that speaks volumes higher than a Grammy could ever do

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

25 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

what did we expect? one of the voters literally said he didn’t even bother listening to the album because of her SNL performance and that he voted taylor because she was everywhere 

How can you vote for or against something you never bothered to listen to? :toofunny:

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879