Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

I've heard Flowers by Miley and if she can win 2 grammys for that while Lana writes an album as incredible as Ocean Blvd and gets nothing then we should just ignore the whole ceremony from now on and so should Lana. I just want her to post something, hope she's not as pissed off as most of us are

Just watched the award announcement and my heart breaks for Lana.. she couldn’t even be happy in that moment and she really didn’t want to go up there, but I’m glad she did. 

I’m glad Taylor gave a shout out to Lana and took her up there, it was a lovely moment. But still very heartbreaking. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

7 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

Just watched the award announcement and my heart breaks for Lana.. she couldn’t even be happy in that moment and she really didn’t want to go up there, but I’m glad she did. 

I’m glad Taylor gave a shout out to Lana and took her up there, it was a lovely moment. But still very heartbreaking. 

Taylor's shout out to Lana and bringing her to the stage was kinda like a compensation for Billie not mentioning her in 2020 when she won AOTY 

url%5D

The Grammys need a serious overall. Either they enforce that every voter has to listen to EVERY SINGLE ALBUM AND SONG nominated and present a large portfolio comprising their thought, ratings, and votes. Like, I want essays upon essays showcasing that they've listened to all the music in depth. Or, the Grammys just need to admit that it's more of a popularity contest, and that actual authenticity and artistic integrity are not celebrated in the same way that chart performances are. 

I've seen nothing but Taylor lashings all over my timeline. This finally might be the straw that breaks the camel's back on that overexposed bitch and I'm living for it. Can't continue stomping on the throats of real talent with mediocrity forever:popcorn:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Well, that was a shitshow! I was sure SZA would be taking AOTY but when I heard Taylor's name I was just so... disappointed. I honestly don't know what Lana did to deserve this- the Grammys shouldn't be about having a good PR team or a good reputation with the public, they're literally about the music, and how could you even deny the masterpiece Ocean Blvd is. I'm not mad at Taylor, because obviously she didn't vote for the award, and I'm really glad she spoke for Lana, but still, fuck the Grammys. I hope that Lana stops caring about them after this, and I hope she knows the importance and magnificence of her art doesn't have to be defined by stupid little trophies.

24 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

Saw this on Twitter:
IMG_9379.jpg?ex=65d34f98&is=65c0da98&hm=

i refuse to believe this is someone in the music industry. this is some dude who listens to the UK top 40. can we notice how all of the unkind words are towards women ?? fiona apple is miles above foo fighters also what a bizarre thing to say:aubrey:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

Well, that was a shitshow! I was sure SZA would be taking AOTY but when I heard Taylor's name I was just so... disappointed. I honestly don't know what Lana did to deserve this- the Grammys shouldn't be about having a good PR team or a good reputation with the public, they're literally about the music, and how could you even deny the masterpiece Ocean Blvd is. I'm not mad at Taylor, because obviously she didn't vote for the award, and I'm really glad she spoke for Lana, but still, fuck the Grammys. I hope that Lana stops caring about them after this, and I hope she knows the importance and magnificence of her art doesn't have to be defined by stupid little trophies.

Honestly, I wouldn't have been that mad if SZA won AOTY. I'd be devastated for Lana but it'd be well-deserved. Nothing against Taylor but the fact that she has more AOTY awards than all black women in the category combined is genuinely weird to me. Again, this isn't Taylor's fault, but the Grammys and its voters reek of racism and misogyny. 

28 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

Saw this on Twitter:
IMG_9379.jpg?ex=65d34f98&is=65c0da98&hm=

The funny thing is that he claims to lean Country/Americana/Rock, he doesn’t even have an idea that that’s basically Lana’s entire discography 😭😭

1 minute ago, jealous girl said:

The funny thing is that he claims to lean Country/Americana/Rock, he doesn’t even have an idea that that’s basically Lana’s entire discography 😭😭

its giving my top artist is coldplay

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, jealous girl said:

I wouldn’t say Lana is country (yet) or rock. :um4:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png