Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

30 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

Saw this on Twitter:
IMG_9379.jpg?ex=65d34f98&is=65c0da98&hm=

The voters aren't objective at all, they're all subjective. It's a popularity contest, like some MTV awards. Next time the Grammys should let music professors from universities vote for the musicians because they would definitely have the ability to analyse the content that's nominated

url%5D

me rn sitting in bed feeling extremely exhausted and processing the hell of a night we had to go through like:

CDWfdcYWgAAR4cH.jpg

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, Embach said:

:wub: I think it has been shared already but yeah, that's so cute

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C28r8uGImVD/?igsh=aW04M2o1ZTVneXoz

she's so sweet to lana, if anything, at least taylor's friends with her and she seems genuine.  even the little "look at my teeth" comment seemed to just be to make lana feel better about being rained on UGH this was the best case scenario with taylor and lana sitting together 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Billboard Women in Music 2023 is still the most iconic award show ever on LanaBoards. When she finally received her award and the broadcast stopped :lmao:

45 minutes ago, bluevelvetcola said:

The Grammys need a serious overall. Either they enforce that every voter has to listen to EVERY SINGLE ALBUM AND SONG nominated and present a large portfolio comprising their thought, ratings, and votes. Like, I want essays upon essays showcasing that they've listened to all the music in depth. Or, the Grammys just need to admit that it's more of a popularity contest, and that actual authenticity and artistic integrity are not celebrated in the same way that chart performances are. 

one of the main problems is that members have to vote for categories they have no idea about and are not interested in. they need to let experts vote for each category

honestly we just have to accept that the selective group of grammy voters just don't like lana. the awards aren't measured by critical acclaim or consensus, it's literally a demographic survey of 12 thousand people that just don't appreciate her music enough, and why does she need their approval anyway? the music is still there to be appreciated by the people who actually care about the artist, and that's what really matters

And let's not forget a key line from OB: "I know, I know that you hate me." 

Lana is Cinderella and will win in the end.

She's already winning artistically--do we hear artists and legends like Joan Baez and Bruce Springsteen, like Stevie Nicks, the Weeknd, and Courtney Love praising Taylor, Billie, et al? These artists didn't praise Lana when it was convenient and advantageous to do so, in front of a massive industry audience, but from their homes, from the studio, from the road. 

I'm very happy Taylor praised Lana but calling her a "legacy artist" or whatever she said exactly makes Lana sound like she's been performing as Lana Del Rey for 30 years instead of 12. Lana isn't even 40 yet. She's not Dolly Parton or Joni Mitchell. She and Taylor are only 4 years apart in age. 

2 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

honestly we just have to accept that the selective group of grammy voters just don't like lana. the awards aren't measured by critical acclaim or consensus, it's literally a demographic survey of 12 thousand people that just don't appreciate her music enough, and why does she need their approval anyway? the music is still there to be appreciated by the people who actually care about the artist, and that's what really matters

Nah genuinely I don't know how I keep getting my hopes up. I was so dumbfounded when Lemonade lost AOTY and yet I've kept clowning every year since then. Time to disengage with the Grammys for good lol.

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

one of the main problems is that members have to vote for categories they have no idea about and are not interested in. they need to let experts vote for each category

I agree. There are too many categories; they want to recognize everyone and everything under the sun, which is more virtue signally on a grand scale that bores everyone and seems absurd. "Best Mastering,  Cajun Album." Please. There's no reason the Grammys have to be global in reach, even if they chose to recognize artists from all parts of the planet. 

They should condense it to 16 easily understood categories, period. All this 'Songwriter Song of the Year' vs. 'Song of the Year' is bullshit. 

But the problem of favoritism, popularity, or commerce ---the Taylor juggernaut--or "we've voted for too many White artists already," or "we've voted for too many male Black artists, we've got to change something" is more bullshit. 

Votes should be cast blind, and the music should be considered on an Art for Art's Sake basis. None of the judges should know the results until they hear them during the presentation. 

24 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

me rn sitting in bed feeling extremely exhausted and processing the hell of a night we had to go through like:

CDWfdcYWgAAR4cH.jpg

This is literally what I look like at work rn, im so tired from staying up last night and for what? For her to be snubbed again 😭😭

giphy.gif  

12 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

I don't think they know who she is. Even here in NYC, where I've lived for some time, I know 6 people who know who Lana is. She's not Taylor, who is talked and written about everywhere every day and discussed on cable news shows as a phenomenon, the way Madonna once was.

Lana's demure quality walls her off from them amongst the lights, noise, bling, hype, bells, and whistles that is Hollywood.

And the judges have tin ears. 

From Charles Bauldelaire’s The Dog and the Scent Bottle: “Ah, miserable dog, if I had offered you a package of excrement you would have sniffed it with delight and perhaps gobbled it up. In this you resemble the public, which should never be offered delicate perfumes that infuriate them, but only carefully selected garbage.”

honestly I figured Lana wouldn't win song or album of the year just because of how the academy tends to vote but the fact that she lost the alternative categories is genuinely shocking to me.....like these people actually listened to boygenius and Lana's album and chose boygenius??? I actually don't know how that makes sense in any world. It really does seem intentional, the way mainstream media and the academy goes out of their way to not acknowledge Lana's massive legacy and impact to the world. I hope that Lana just keeps moving forward and doesn't even acknowledge this.

faSE.gif

21 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I'm very happy Taylor praised Lana but calling her a "legacy artist" or whatever she said exactly makes Lana sound like she's been performing as Lana Del Rey for 30 years in of 12. Lana isn't even 40 yet. She's not Dolly Parton or Joni Mitchell. She and Taylor are only 4 years apart in age. 

To Taylor's credit I do believe she was giving a genuine compliment to Lana in that moment. Also,  I feel like Taylor would call herself a "Legacy Artist" as well. 

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years