DNC

Lana to be featured on TV series "The New Look" soundtrack with a cover of "Blue Skies" - OUT NOW!

Just now, cherrytropico said:

oh it’s available to listen to on spotify/youtube but i’m subscribed to lana and ‘blue skies’ didn’t show up on my timeline unlike country roads, and it’s not promoted on spotify as in it’s not on any of her playlists like “this is lana del rey”. 

i think she def cared more about country roads than blue skies lmao 

IMG-9664.jpg

I see, thanks. That's a shame because I think Blue Skies is 100% better than Country Roads, which to my ear sounds like a first-run demo. 

3 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

any theories (serious) as to why she has it seemingly hidden and dated as 2023 on her Spotify? super strange ??? like she didn’t want ppl to hear it or be notified about it?

i think that is all because of her useless team

i do really like it (especially the vocals/harmonies) but it bothers me how it's pretty much only 1:35 in length :eartha2: i know the outro's part of the song and all but it just feels a bit unsatisfying to listen to

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I think somebody might’ve made a good point earlier (even if they weren’t being serious).. maybe she hasn’t promoted it because she wants people to be ready and raring for her country sound

this song is a complete different direction which only pushes people to want more of this sound 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

7 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

any theories (serious) as to why she has it seemingly hidden and dated as 2023 on her Spotify? super strange ??? like she didn’t want ppl to hear it or be notified about it?

maybe either she don't like the project/TV series and don't wanna give it more attention, or she don't wanna overstream the 1975 and Florence just because of her popularity :um2:

27 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I think somebody might’ve made a good point earlier (even if they weren’t being serious).. maybe she hasn’t promoted it because she wants people to be ready and raring for her country sound

this song is a complete different direction which only pushes people to want more of this sound 

i think it’s more her team, there’s absolutely no chance she didn’t love recording this in my opinion. it’s got massive old hollywood lore and she references ella fitzgerald in fishtail, which is such a recent song.

giphy.gif

I love this. It really gave me hope for the country album. If they take the same approach to country as they did to Blues on this one, I'de be very pleased. Plus it reminded me of her country songs she sang live (Hey Baby Blue, I must be stupid...) which are unexpectedly upbeat.

34 minutes ago, saith said:

I love this. It really gave me hope for the country album. If they take the same approach to country as they did to Blues on this one, I'de be very pleased. Plus it reminded me of her country songs she sang live (Hey Baby Blue, I must be stupid...) which are unexpectedly upbeat.

Yes, it reminded me of Hey Blue Baby so much!

url%5D

11 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

it happens quite often with spotify that certain releases are put to different time frames, but i honestly don’t know why 😭

14 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

since the song was announced in november 2023 i'm assuming they uploaded it that day and either forgot to change the date or originally planned for it to come out then

14 hours ago, neon palms sway said:

I’ve wanted more of this ever since the jazz Y&B. Absolutely stunning… but just like jazz Y&B it’s too short :brows3:

Same here. I'm gonna put this on my unreleased vinyl compilation with songs in this style, where I have already included the jazz version of Y&B, too. Glad I didn't send it out yet. 

Pity it's not really possible to buy yet. On amazon you can only preorder the full album. 

It was expensive watch it 

7 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

tbh she often doesn’t promote new releases (even when it’s an original track) so not surprised 

aOaIzH2.gif

I commented on @tapmusic’s latest post of lana’s blue skies :

Please fix the release date mistake on Spotify, it says November 2023, but it should be Feb 2024, it's not showing in the new releases due to this problem, and people have to scroll all the way down to find it..

and they’ve literally deleted my comment 5 minutes later :trisha2:

2 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

I commented on @tapmusic’s latest post of lana’s blue skies :

Please fix the release date mistake on Spotify, it says November 2023, but it should be Feb 2024, it's not showing in the new releases due to this problem, and people have to scroll all the way down to find it..

and they’ve literally deleted my comment 5 minutes later :trisha2:

LMFAOOOOO the way they’re so inept

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: