Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

10 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

what are yalls dream collabs for Lasso??? :flutter:

@baddisease you’re banned from responding to this post

Honestly Melanie Martinez. It would be such an intense female energy

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I don't really love the idea of a Country/Trap hybrid sound for an album - I hope it's just a one-off single with Quavo.

I'd love if she just did pure Country and left the Trap stuff out, or just do a full Trap/Trippy type of sound in the vein of Peppers and Taco Truck.

I appreciate all of the tracks on Tunnel but I think those two trappy songs at the end kind of took away from the overarching narrative of the album, or at least bloated it a bit. I want something completely cohesive this time around, not something chaotic like Lust For Life (which we love, but was all over the place).

And I know people are so eager for her, but I'm fine to wait a little bit longer until she starts the rollout for this one. Tunnel still feels so recent. She can honestly push this back to 2025 imo.

24 minutes ago, HeyBlueBaby said:

I don't really love the idea of a Country/Trap hybrid sound for an album - I hope it's just a one-off single with Quavo.

I'd love if she just did pure Country and left the Trap stuff out, or just do a full Trap/Trippy type of sound in the vein of Peppers and Taco Truck.

I appreciate all of the tracks on Tunnel but I think those two trappy songs at the end kind of took away from the overarching narrative of the album, or at least bloated it a bit. I want something completely cohesive this time around, not something chaotic like Lust For Life (which we love, but was all over the place).

And I know people are so eager for her, but I'm fine to wait a little bit longer until she starts the rollout for this one. Tunnel still feels so recent. She can honestly push this back to 2025 imo.

everything you just said is so wrong. 

first, taco truck and peppers are a great character arc for Ob. She starts the album with gospel and purify yourself type shit, takes you on a journey (through the metaphorical tunnel), only to end up as the self-destructive, "fuck it" type of girl we know from before, complete with a reference to her birth town, Lake Placid. If that didn't make it clear, she reverts back to a literal version of her former self (venice bitch).

secondly, rarely anyone wants a boring-ass acoustic country album in 2024. Beyonce didn't want it with CC, which is why she featured a range of genres and, like, 4 straight-up rap songs.

Thirdly, lana adding trap or hip hop to lasso and potentially turning this into lfl v 2.0. is literally the  best thing that could ever happen on planet Earth, periodt. 

and to anyone wanting a slow country record with acoustic guitars, i bet you all are the same

people who rank Chemtrails at the bottom. That album is basically acoustic folk, and none one ever even listens to it. The streaming numbers are pathetic.

Ask yourself if you really think that you'd love a country version of Chemtrails.

20 hours ago, baddisease said:

Melanie Martinez is a top ten experimental pop girl and you're still calling her "Felony"

smh

what's experimental about her besides her look

the look being a failed experiment mind you

22 minutes ago, barttttender said:

. That album is basically acoustic folk, and none one ever even listens to it. The streaming numbers are pathetic.

Ask yourself if you really think that you'd love a country version of Chemtrails.

Chemtrails is a beautiful album :party:

lasso2.gif

5 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

she's experimental in her ways to destroy my ear drums with her songs :true:

giphy.webp

there's a blue light in my best friend's room...

28 minutes ago, barttttender said:

and none one ever even listens to it. The streaming numbers are pathetic.

Streaming isn’t everything.

People are listening to their 11 copies on vinyl & multiple CDs.

You know, Purchased media…

IMG-3521.jpg

19 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

her discography and aesthetic are both experimental.

giphy.gif

42 minutes ago, barttttender said:

everything you just said is so wrong. 

first, taco truck and peppers are a great character arc for Ob. She starts the album with gospel and purify yourself type shit, takes you on a journey (through the metaphorical tunnel), only to end up as the self-destructive, "fuck it" type of girl we know from before, complete with a reference to her birth town, Lake Placid. If that didn't make it clear, she reverts back to a literal version of her former self (venice bitch).

secondly, rarely anyone wants a boring-ass acoustic country album in 2024. Beyonce didn't want it with CC, which is why she featured a range of genres and, like, 4 straight-up rap songs.

Thirdly, lana adding trap or hip hop to lasso and potentially turning this into lfl v 2.0. is literally the  best thing that could ever happen on planet Earth, periodt. 

and to anyone wanting a slow country record with acoustic guitars, i bet you all are the same

people who rank Chemtrails at the bottom. That album is basically acoustic folk, and none one ever even listens to it. The streaming numbers are pathetic.

Um chile anyways.

1 hour ago, triangles19 said:

Honestly Melanie Martinez. It would be such an intense female energy

i will be investigating the baddisease dupe rumours immediately 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

i recently went to two nights of mitskis tour last week and she turned some really sonically different songs into country/folk renditions of said songs... it made me realise how easy it is to switch the sound and made me so so so much more excited for this album

example:

original:

tour version:

i actually let out a giggle when she started singing i was caught SO off guard

if lana does even 10% of THAT we are in for a 10/10 album

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

10 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

i will be investigating the baddisease dupe rumours immediately 

I don't need dupes bc my taste is so good, it spreads!

17 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

listen to her discography! Cry Baby, K-12, and Portals are underrated fire!

giphy.gif