Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

inb4 the album cover is a polaroid of her leaning on a rusted truck parked at a gas station in the desert and behind her is a broken-down billboard that says "Lasso"

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

What if she just scraps the album? Like what do we do then?

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

i honestly think that working with Quavo shifted her perspective on the album n she probably completely scrapped the concept of Lasso. i have a feeling we’re getting a LFL-esque album mid-late next year instead. 

9 hours ago, ivory almond said:

wait what was her face like when she said "oh god"

did anything give u the vibe that it's been delayed/scrapped

im still a september release truther

8 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

Was it like an oh god I’m scared how it will be perceived when it’s released or it’s not gonna be called lasso or not happening anymore :toofunny:

it was def giving delayed/scrapped or at least very unsure like the look to ed was very telling but it's hard to explain

593490ccf2b4245366861be0e00d592e.gif

28 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I fear either this album or the next album will have to be a substantial change from NFR/COTCC/BB/OB otherwise critics will start calling it reductive, more of the same, etc 

So… psychedelic surf rock trip hop masterpiece incoming.

With a song where she screams over an outro of screeching guitars :legend:

When all of your manifesting pays off and you single handedly change the trajectory of LDR10 into her most experimental, psychedelic masterpiece and you become the most powerful Lanaboards member of all time :understand:

Tumblr

4 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

What about Ben?

i didnt see ben until later that night when i asked when lana would play a show in nyc in which he also was of no help.. just kinda dismissed me and was like well..maybe!

593490ccf2b4245366861be0e00d592e.gif

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I fear either this album or the next album will have to be a substantial change from NFR/COTCC/BB/OB otherwise critics will start calling it reductive, more of the same, etc 

I think it’s been pretty much confirmed for months now that this album won’t lyrically be like Ocean Blvd, BB or Chemtrails, so I don’t think critics will call her repetitive. At most, some might call it a setback if it’s not as clever or heartfelt like her most recent songs.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

10 hours ago, Embach said:

I mean Rock Candy Sweet wasn't a different album. It transformed to Blue Banisters

From BoZ told us, the track list changed a lot, so I think we’re getting another LFL / BB type of situation where the album changed from the original country she wanted to do.

6 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

From BoZ told us, the track list changed a lot, so I think we’re getting another LFL / BB type of situation where the album changed from the original country she wanted to do.

Album that had the biggest change was UV imo, like a 180 degree one. I don't think it happens with Lasso but I do think that the tracklist changes with this one. But every Lana album had a concept and tracklist change, so this isn't really a new thing about her lol

url%5D

On 2/1/2024 at 10:57 AM, Three White Butterflies said:

my wallet is so ready for everything 

also I wouldn't be surprised if Lasso is a placeholder, just like White Hot Forever and every other album she's released that had a title change :true:

:oprah6:

faSE.gif