Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

2 hours ago, DemonMic2003 said:

I really hope we get a Paradise sister album instead of Lasso. Not saying sonically I want Paradise again hell, I would even be content with Lana even working with Jack again on it for all I care, I just don't want Lasso.

edit: or country.

i need paradise sister album but darker and improved, think queen of hearts, life is beautiful, even serene queen (yes i know thats from lfl era). like that vibe, like lust for life's original idea meets paradise, with ocean blvd esque writing

PRE-ORDER 'EAT THE WORLD' — A COLLECTION OF POEMS BY MARINA DIAMANDIS HERE:

Regular Hardback: https://marinadiamandis.lnk.to/eattheworld

Hand-Signed Hardback: https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=113257

5 minutes ago, Honeymoonwitch said:

I’m so glad nothing is coming August 9 cause so many artists are dropping music that day.

wait did something happen wiping august 9th of any chance of something happening?? 

1 minute ago, star Iux said:

Where is the paradise sister album idea coming from?

From our dreams and delusions

2.gif

51 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I think it was the alleged release date after the 30th soft launch :eek:

Oh! So August 9 isn’t totally off the table then! :fabcat:

5 hours ago, viv said:

i need paradise sister album but darker and improved, think queen of hearts, life is beautiful, even serene queen (yes i know thats from lfl era). like that vibe, like lust for life's original idea meets paradise, with ocean blvd esque writing

OMG YASS… with In God's Time into Angels Forever (Rework).

1 minute ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

look at this thread. keeping the era alive. not me tho, country just makes it easier to wait jQG40pn.gif

It’s quite the opposite for me, that’s what making me impatient, the fact that we’re getting a new lana genre, I just hope she didn’t change the album’s path, I don’t want it to sound like tunnel, which is a good album but had too many mixed genres

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

Why do I get a premonition this album is going to be akin to Honeymoon? :pray2:

Ha, I wish. Lana has been in her flop era ever since she (mostly) started just doing ballads…

edit: and I mean sure we got a handful of bops but im done with the damn ballads :girlbye:

Edited by DemonMic2003

2 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

It’s quite the opposite for me, that’s what making me impatient, the fact that we’re getting a new lana genre, I just hope she didn’t change the album’s path, I don’t want it to sound like tunnel, which is a good album but had too many mixed genres

I agree with that. Tunnel, as good as it was, was wildly inconsistent and sometimes sounded like a mix-tape.

OB, Grants, Sweet, Paris, Texas, and the Interludes sounded like one, piano heavy record with a gospel vibe.

A&W, Candy Necklace, Fishtail, Taco and Peppers sounded like they belong on another, more trap oriented record

Grandfather sounded like an NFR leftover.

Margaret and Let the Light felt like they came from another, acoustic guitar album. Chemtrails leftovers?

And then there's Kintsugi and Fingertips, which sound like Bjork-style avant-guarde.

With Lasso, I'm cool with country and trap or rap mixing. But I do hope it doesn't end up being a mixed bag of genres like OB.