Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

4 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

It’s quite the opposite for me, that’s what making me impatient, the fact that we’re getting a new lana genre, I just hope she didn’t change the album’s path, I don’t want it to sound like tunnel, which is a good album but had too many mixed genres

Nah I’m just kidding. I’ll be alrite w what she puts out. I just know country’s not really my thing and that’s ok

I think tunnel was a real great representation of more of the cerebral stuff that she’s held onto and felt like she needed to release and let go of to move on and past from. All of it’s incredibly enchanting as an underlying theme when you wanna grasp it in it’s entirety imo

FSiy5w3.giftumblr_nv0881L0Od1s4fz4bo1_500.gifVvJr.gif

can't wait to shake my ass to whatever she puts out :sluttybunny:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

once again no one is moving release dates because of Katy, maybe ten years ago but not today :brigitte: the only people that could cause a delay would be like Taylor, Billie, Olivia, or Ariana but even then i really don't think the label would delay a single release since Lana is not really "competing" with anyone, and they have also let her drop on a random weekday. she's in her own lane. an album is a different story, Ocean Blvd got delayed bc of someone (don't remember rn)

2 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

once again no one is moving release dates because of Katy, maybe ten years ago but not today :brigitte: the only people that could cause a delay would be like Taylor, Billie, Olivia, or Ariana but even then i really don't think the label would delay a single release since Lana is not really "competing" with anyone, and they have also let her drop on a random weekday. she's in her own lane. an album is a different story, Ocean Blvd got delayed bc of someone (don't remember rn)

OB got delayed bc of Miley, I can see them moving for Katy tbh even if she’s not really competition

Carmen GIF by Lana Del Rey

︵‿୨ ♱ I talk to Jesus / And ask him if he'll think of saving me ♱ ୧‿︵

4 minutes ago, star Iux said:

OB got delayed bc of Miley, I can see them moving for Katy tbh even if she’s not really competition

if she's delaying bc of Katy she's doing it out of the kindness of her heart not bc the label thinks Katy will overshadow

Talking about her albums with Jack Antonoff, every one of them had this kind of a semi-experimental, long and totally unique/different track which was also a huge fan favorite, like Venice Bitch, White Dress and A&W. I'm pretty sure that Lasso will have one of those tracks as well, since it's produced by Jack!

2.gif

34 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't think Katy is competition to anyone these days :gasp:

Course not lmaoooo

She never usually releases songs on the same day as other artists. I don't think it's in a competitive way I think she just likes everyone to have their own moment

2 hours ago, Embach said:

Talking about her albums with Jack Antonoff, every one of them had this kind of a semi-experimental, long and totally unique/different track which was also a huge fan favorite, like Venice Bitch, White Dress and A&W. I'm pretty sure that Lasso will have one of those tracks as well, since it's produced by Jack!

We take jack out of the formula.

Rick gives us more bombastic and experimental tracks. We should not hold on a loser who disappoints us every time.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

I understand why jack got so popular as a producer, but he's honestly burnt out and run out of ideas

his production used to be genuinely interesting but now it's boring and dull and repetitive

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Posted (edited)

Why is everyone hating on Jack so much?. To an extent I get it but you guys have to remember that this is Lana's choice to continuously work with him and not say Rick Nowels.

Edited by DemonMic2003

56 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Why is everyone hating on Jack so much?. To an extent I get it but you guys have to remember that this is Lana's choice to continuously work with him and not say Rick Nowels.

We know he's involved on a few tracks, but i am not sure that his role on this album is so big. Maybe rick is the missing part and has a great Comeback on this album.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Posted (edited)

Don’t get me wrong I do love Rick but tbf some of my fav Lana songs are produced by Jack honestly I don’t think Jack’s as bad as people make him out to be, but I DO agree that recently his fame has made his producing more generic and lazy

I have hope for his country producing tho because I rlly liked the new Taylor track “I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)” coz it gave a country feel to it and raised my expectations for Jack on Lasso a bit more.

i will be happy regardless of producers this album tho coz Lana always picks what’s right for her, not anyone else, and that’s what matters as her music always bangs no matter what. It would still be nice for a Rick appearance tho, even if it’s just on one song like cotcc with Yosemite 

I think Lana is in her prime when she isn’t restricted to one producer (which is also why I’m happy she collaborated with Luke Laird on this album as well)

Edited by ldrzodiac

Lasso needs to be majorly produced by Luke, since he’s an actual country artist. Or better yet, some randos/unknowns from Nashville, because they’d give it their ALL producing for someone as well known as Lana.

I like Jack overall, and I do have quite a few favorite Lana songs produced by him, but he doesn’t have quite the range to blend genres in a unique fresh way, everything he touches has Jackisms that make it all sound like a Jack song. It doesn’t help he’s working with every single popular artist he can.

I think of everyone in the music industry, Jack is the one who needs to take a couple of years off. :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

I really don't care who produced Lasso tbh, Lana is the magician and she's always cooking. I just know that this album is going to be a meaningful experience in a way that only Lana can move us. A classic genre with a unique edge :oprah: I personally have full faith that Lasso is still coming in the way that Lana has envisioned.