Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

27 minutes ago, Embach said:

Let's have a prediction game: if Lasso is a title track - how long it will be and which number track it is?

My bet is 3:24 and track 2. The title is so short that it feels like a short track but I feel like the album will have a huge grand opener ("The Mirror" maybe or something else), so the title track will be number 2.

I also think it will be track 2 and I think that it will be a longer song, so I will say 06.24

47 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Honestly, I'd hate that. I hope she keeps it all cohesive like, either pop songs or less formulaic ones, maybe even a middle ground but still make them all feel like they belong to the same album (this applies to not only structure, but sound, production...).

I get what you're saying but I'm trying to be realistic, not idealistic. I'd love a cohesive album but her last 2 records, as long with LFL and arguably UV aren't quite seamless, so it's just a prediction based on what her albums have been like in the past. NFR, Honeymoon, and Chemtrails are cohesive so maybe you're right! 

2e51cd1e8138f1fc806912eadd82fc13.gif

Like TV in black and white...

1 hour ago, Embach said:

Let's have a prediction game: if Lasso is a title track - how long it will be and which number track it is?

My bet is 3:24 and track 2. The title is so short that it feels like a short track but I feel like the album will have a huge grand opener ("The Mirror" maybe or something else), so the title track will be number 2.

I hope no song will be shorter than 4 minutes, but I just realized that almost every single released after Ocean Blvd has been shorter :icant:

28 minutes ago, grandpas glass said:

I hope no song will be shorter than 4 minutes, but I just realized that almost every single released after Ocean Blvd has been shorter :icant:

which to be fair hasn’t been many singles and also none may even appear on the album so let’s celebrate that!

27 minutes ago, grandpas glass said:

I'm all for a mix of lengths, I'm obviously respecting all of her choices although I wouldn't want an album where every track is 3 minutes or shorter (the album would be too short) but I wouldn't want an album where every track is like over 7 minutes as well (the album would be too long). I'm all for an album where the majority are like 4 to 6 minutes then handful of tracks which are ~3 minutes then also handful of tracks which are longer than 6 minutes.

2.gif

Nevermind the lack of information on release dates, I find it so odd that insiders are so quiet about the album in general. I haven't been around for OB before it was formally announced, so I can't say much about that, but they've never shut up about Lana in the past. I think that's part of why this era just feels so... Lifeless. :crossed: Even the fake insiders have run out of inspiration to spur our delusions. 

...and I'm happy for this day

No matter what you say

I don't have to be sad like you

I only want insiders for dates this time. We got the whole Ocean Blvd spoiled... like imagine listening to TT x VB without knowing the sample :icant:

I know I can just not read LB or Twitter but it's too tempting during Lana release season :thumb2:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

like imagine listening to TT x VB without knowing the sample :icant:

Would have been a bigger disappointment about how she wasted the potential of the track.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

honestly idk if i’m eager about any soft launch announcements ab lasso no more, i’d be more excited to get a Charli Xcx remix from brat fr. Lana as she’s being mentioned once in a song and i’m not even like a fan byt at this point Charli by bringing the alt girlies b*llie and lorde and by making the queen hop on a track as well would be beyond iconique :xcry:

15 minutes ago, heroindealer said:

honestly idk if i’m eager about any soft launch announcements ab lasso no more, i’d be more excited to get a Charli Xcx remix from brat fr. Lana as she’s being mentioned once in a song and i’m not even like a fan byt at this point Charli by bringing the alt girlies b*llie and lorde and by making the queen hop on a track as well would be beyond iconique :xcry:

Oh I was thinking this. I also noticed an insider on twitter said ages ago that Lana is SLIGHTLY heading towards an electronic sound after Tough so I have a feeling this hints a remix with charli maybe?…

All this predictions sound atrocious to me. I think she better delete Lasso and build something new (in the vibe of the rehearsals of this UK show). - A leak of Henri Come On is the only thing I'd want from this era, it's stuck in my head -

I personally think she already killed Lasso, the way she was talking about that and the silence now tells us this won't happen. And it's a hundred percent ok for me, I'm sick of country music made by pop or alt artists. I love Garth Brooks and Emilou Harris for what they do, not celebrities pretending to be cowboys. 

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I had such a weird dream about Lasso being released :derpna4: The album cover was Lana doing karaoke and the name had been changed to Lasso and then another word following that I don't remember 

imageproxy.jpg

I'm not a music expert but Lana calling Video Games and Ride country giving me hope. And  some songs like Tomorrow Never Came, Wild At Heart, If You Lie Down With Me,  God Knows I Tried, Wild One, Wild At Heart, Breaking Up Slowly, Hey Blue Baby giving me a bit Country /Western vibes (Lanas version) , some more than others obviously . Sometimes it's just some sonical details or lyrics. As I said I am not music expert though.

I think that Lana doing country will feel natural somehow and not like she's cosplaying it. She kinda had it always in her and I think she made it really obvious over the last few years imo

In other words Lana do something now :trisha:

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."