Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Tbh, from the outtakes we have, only a reworked Fine China or rerecorded Pawn Shop Blues are really Lasso-worthy (the others either don't really fit or aren't that good to be included - sorry Wild One)

6 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

We do not need any old leaked unreleased songs on this record, it doesn’t work. On BB they sounded out of place and so did the butchered version of BAR on Norman .  Need to be new or at least not heard before.

I will never understand the hate for nfr’s version of bar :eek4: 

this might sound insane, but i think we should pay attention to the sabrina carpenter record. there are four songs produced by antonoff in it, and at least two of them have country elements (please please please and slim pickins, which she sang in a concert) — maybe the other two will be twangy too.

they're both mellow, glittery tracks reminiscent of kacey musgraves. i wouldn't be mad if jack went down that road for lana's country music

10 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

We do not need any old leaked unreleased songs on this record, it doesn’t work. On BB they sounded out of place and so did the butchered version of BAR on Norman .  Need to be new or at least not heard before.

I agree with Norman, but Thunder and Dealer were some of the best songs on BB and Living Legend and Cherry Blossom were nice, might have been better if they'd been reworked too

I’m always happy waiting for new Lana.

What I WILL say, is that she makes the wait seem longer by giving false dates. Let’s say it comes out March, that’s two years - not a long wait between albums at all, but by her own statement, it’s six months from when we were supposed to get it. It plays with people’s expectations - although, realistically, we should know her patterns by now - which in turn effects patience.

9 hours ago, World At War said:

this might sound insane, but i think we should pay attention to the sabrina carpenter record. there are four songs produced by antonoff in it, and at least two of them have country elements (please please please and slim pickins, which she sang in a concert) — maybe the other two will be twangy too.

they're both mellow, glittery tracks reminiscent of kacey musgraves. i wouldn't be mad if jack went down that road for lana's country music

YES!!!

Also there’s a track on Taylor’s new album called “I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)” and it’s very very country-coded and produced by Jack so when I first heard that my expectations for Lasso went wayyy higher

30 minutes ago, ldrzodiac said:

YES!!!

Also there’s a track on Taylor’s new album called “I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)” and it’s very very country-coded and produced by Jack so when I first heard that my expectations for Lasso went wayyy higher

And this is where I see the problem with her work with Jack, because a lot of it might sound like you've heard it elsewhere. Not that Jack can't produce a varied sound, but he's worked with so many other well-known artists that it's becoming increasingly difficult to get something completely new.