Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 hour ago, shadesofblue said:

the dead silence being people cheering 

I hate her she's such a liar :bye3:

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

Do we know things like when Lana was last in the studio? I’m sure she’s writing and recording ideas constantly, so maybe her idea for the album has evolved 

Me checking the UhaulJoe Youtube channel to discover that Lasso was secretly released 3 months ago along with each song having their own homemade music videos: :oprah4:

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

This thread is a snooooooozeeeeeee fest supreme.

(Not through any fault of ours, of course.)

But basically, it could've easily had 5 pages of comments (3 for when Lasso was announced and 2 after Lana said she's changing it).

As it is, it's basically 475 pages of NOTHING.

When September comes, she better say something, anything, to fix this mess.

4 hours ago, Bluelake said:

Do we know things like when Lana was last in the studio? I’m sure she’s writing and recording ideas constantly, so maybe her idea for the album has evolved 

I don’t think anyone knows for sure when she finished recording it. 
As for the evolution of the album, to me, it probably shifted a bit when she began working with Quavo. Tough is probably on Lasso and although it has some country elements in its production, it doesn’t scream country to me. Which could explain her weird reaction when asked about it by NME (I think it’s them? :stareney2:): Lasso is probably not that much « country »

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I don’t think anyone knows for sure when she finished recording it. 
As for the evolution of the album, to me, it probably shifted a bit when she began working with Quavo. Tough is probably on Lasso and although it has some country elements in its production, it doesn’t scream country to me. Which could explain her weird reaction when asked about it by NME (I think it’s them? :stareney2:): Lasso is probably not that much « country »

100% agree with this. I also think hearing Cowboy Carter, Billie's new record, Brat, etc. made her rethink what she had, and if songs like Henry are gonna "cut it" in a highly creative year for music.

On some level, she must also be aware that Tough did way better than any of the singles off her past 3 records, and probably wants to add it to Lasso, (like she did with Doin' Time), which you can't do if all the other songs are gonna be standard country. So, she's probably adding some new songs or layering/beats, rearranging the tracklist, etc.

If that's the case,tThat means it's not sent for record printing yet, so the record wouldn't be coming out before January next year.

That being said, she might have finished making these tweaks and sent it, and we might have a single in September, who the fuck knows.

the fact that we’re definitely not getting this in september is driving me insane a little bit. i really hope we get a shred of tangible news by the end of this month because im really desperate and rabid for new lana music. i just miss her voice so much. nothing really compares to hearing new lana for the first time and im soooo excited for whatever she drops.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Zodiac Dancer said:

Real :bebe: Like if it plays on shuffle i wont skip, but i would lower the volume a little :eek:

right its good background music while im searching for a better song :nails:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I wouldn't say I dislike Tough, I kinda dig it but I'm not a biggest fan of it. I'm okay if it is on Lasso but it would be better if it's not. I know she has better songs to offer on the album, like Henry Come On and the Fenway concert intro!

2.gif