Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

7 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

The performance comes as hype and anticipation around Del Rey’s upcoming album continues to build. According to an announcement earlier this year, it’s set to be titled Lasso and will reportedly feature a country sound. The star gives us a teaser: “All my albums are somewhat rooted in Americana, unless it’s an album like Honeymoon which has a jazz flair, so I don’t think it will be a heavy departure,” she says. “If anything, it will just be a little lighter lyrically, and more pointed in a classic country, American, or Southern Gothic production—which again, so many of my songs already are.”

We simply cannot wait. But good news for diehard fans: Before the record drops, Del Rey promises there will be more singles on the way. You can expect a follow-up to her latest, “Tough” with Quavo, very soon. In Del Rey’s own words: “We have two more coming out by the end of the year!”

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/lana-del-rey-rock-en-seine-2024-chanel?fbclid=PAZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAabpromS4f4MJu5pcyzO9tX9NwFshfwggZv8xjccoYVEeT8ob_b5y_T4kDY_aem_0Yq7aCJJTHViI5S0v0_lTA

:oprah4:

I am a little dissapointed with the “not a huge departure” comment. I guess I wasn’t really expecting one since we already knew it was going to be country/americana. But I hope it’s more similar to her older work at least 😭 I really don’t want a Chemtrails 2.0. 

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

46 minutes ago, Embach said:

Let's not fight and slander songs here, please! :shake: We need positive energy!

31 minutes ago, Embach said:

Thing's I'm manifesting for Lasso:

At least one song that's 10 minute masterpiece magnum opus

Great and incredible songs with unique production and amazing lyrics

A lot of different musical instruments

Cohesive album but with a good variety of (country) genres

Superb vocal performances

Unforgettable and amazing bridges

Breathtakingly beautiful album cover art by Neil Krug or Nadia Lee

Good 3-4 singles with a possible hit/viral moment

At least 3 stunning music videos

Lots of great promo - radio show interviews/podcasts, gorgeous photoshoots for interviews, maybe talk show performances

A tour (without festivals)

No features/no interludes/no covers*

* unless they have a purpose on the album

9 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

The performance comes as hype and anticipation around Del Rey’s upcoming album continues to build. According to an announcement earlier this year, it’s set to be titled Lasso and will reportedly feature a country sound. The star gives us a teaser: “All my albums are somewhat rooted in Americana, unless it’s an album like Honeymoon which has a jazz flair, so I don’t think it will be a heavy departure,” she says. “If anything, it will just be a little lighter lyrically, and more pointed in a classic country, American, or Southern Gothic production—which again, so many of my songs already are.”

We simply cannot wait. But good news for diehard fans: Before the record drops, Del Rey promises there will be more singles on the way. You can expect a follow-up to her latest, “Tough” with Quavo, very soon. In Del Rey’s own words: “We have two more coming out by the end of the year!”

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/lana-del-rey-rock-en-seine-2024-chanel?fbclid=PAZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAabpromS4f4MJu5pcyzO9tX9NwFshfwggZv8xjccoYVEeT8ob_b5y_T4kDY_aem_0Yq7aCJJTHViI5S0v0_lTA

PEOPLE THIS HAPPENS WHEN YOU STOP FIGHTING AND MANIFEST GOOD STUFF - POSITIVE ENERGY ONLY IT, FUCKING WORKED :trisha:

2.gif

8 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

“If anything, it will just be a little lighter lyrically, and more pointed in a classic country, American, or Southern Gothic production—which again, so many of my songs already are.”

JS READ THIS PART AND OMG THANK GOD! THIS IS ALL IVE WANTED SINCE SHE ANNOUNCED LASSO 

Just now, LifeOnMars said:

So is Quavo heavily featured on this album? I can’t image 3 Quavo features on Lasso. 

i can hear my heart shattering :crai:

lets hope the album is long then so i can skip those songs and still have a ton of others to listen to :adele:

10 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

Honeymoon is never beating the unique album allegations :trisha: MY BABYYYYYYYYY

2.gif

Just now, ultrabanisters said:

i think she meant two more singles not songs with quavo :faintdy:

but this all but confirms lasso is not coming this year :biblio: 

this is what i was thinking i read it as 2 more singles from her and her team

also im not mad if lasso takes a little longer if it means the mixing and mastering is better 

Just now, Zodiac Dancer said:

this is what i was thinking i read it as 2 more singles from her and her team

also im not mad if lasso takes a little longer if it means the mixing and mastering is better 

real. ocean blvd has held up EXCEPTIONALLY well so that is still more than enough to tide me over until whatever ldrX may be

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Just now, DCooper said:

I have such mixed feelings, I really was a September/October/November truther :wipe:

but imagine a dark country winter album released in late january