Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

5 minutes ago, somber said:

So then based on these readings, we can expect the album tracklist to be around 11-12 tracks, similar to Ultraviolence standard version. Which works well, because Ultraviolence is quiet dark in lyrics and tune, and from Lana has told us, Lasso will be southern gothic, dark production wise. I think it would be insane if Lasso will eventually be as big as Ultraviolence in the country industry. (Just guessing/assumption, not really thinking it will be because it's country) Edit: y'all ate this reading up :omfg2:

your Ultraviolence comparison made me realize that the reading is lowk giving Tropico...

warm, gilded cover with her wearing a blue robe in a tropical southern floridian atmosphere with a one-worded title? sound familiar? NOT saying we are getting Tropico at all, just thought the similarities were cool

imagine Lasso has I Talk To Jesus, Angels Forever, Wild One, Dragonslayer, or Unidentified Flying Bill

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

31 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

your Ultraviolence comparison made me realize that the reading is lowk giving Tropico...

warm, gilded cover with her wearing a blue robe in a tropical southern floridian atmosphere with a one-worded title? sound familiar? NOT saying we are getting Tropico at all, just thought the similarities were cool

imagine Lasso has I Talk To Jesus, Angels Forever, Wild One, Dragonslayer, or Unidentified Flying Bill

Yes, that's what I was thinking when she said southern dark gothic!! Dragonslayer, Unidentified Flying Bill, Jesus, like those give me those vibes. But due to these tarot readings and leakers/rumors, I don't think this album will have any unreleased songs.

Lasso (Blue Banisters Format)

01. Prettiest Girl In Country Music (feat. Nikki Lane)

02. Lasso

03. Henry, Come On (feat. Luke Laird)

04. I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy

05. Hey Blue Baby

06. Lake Placid

07. In God's Time

08. Ex-Glory

09. Anyone Who Had A Heart (feat. Dolly Parton)

10. Sunshine (feat. Rob Grant)

11. Blink

12. Dragonslayer

13. I Talk To Jesus

14. Angels Forever, Forever Angels

15. Wild One

Lasso (Ocean Blvd Format)

01. Prettiest Girl In Country Music (feat. Nikki Lane)
02. Lasso
03. Don Julio

04. Pawn Shop Blues

05. Nouveau Riche
06. Henry, Come On (feat. Luke Laird)
07. Talking Like An Answering Machine
08. Lighthouse

09. Take Care Of A Miracle

10. Hey Blue Baby

11. I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy

12. Anyone Who Had A Heart (feat. Dolly Parton)

13. Sunshine (feat. Rob Grant)

14. In God's Time

15. Tough (feat. Quavo)

16. Dude Ranch x TJF

Lasso (Tarot Cards & Insiders Format)

02. Lasso

03. In God's Time

04. Nouveau Riche

05. Take Care Of A Miracle

06. Lighthouse

07. Hey Blue Baby

08. I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy

09. Stand By Your Man

10. Take Me Home, Country Roads

11. Anyone Who Had A Heart (feat. Dolly Parton)

2 hours ago, ivory almond said:

02. Lasso

05. Hey Blue Baby

06. Lake Placid

07. In God's Time

08. Ex-Glory

11. Blink

12. Dragonslayer

13. I Talk To Jesus

15. Wild One

02. Lasso
03. Don Julio

04. Pawn Shop Blues

05. Nouveau Riche
08. Lighthouse

10. Hey Blue Baby

14. In God's Time

15. Tough (feat. Quavo)

16. Dude Ranch x TJF

02. Lasso

03. In God's Time

04. Nouveau Riche

06. Lighthouse

07. Hey Blue Baby

09. Stand By Your Man

Can we get a mix of all three and keep angels forever :dua:

Lasso

01. In God's Time
02. Nonveau Riche
03. Dude Ranch
04. Henry, Come On
05. Lasso
06. Night Cap
07. Moonlit Kiss
08. Louisiana Lover
09. Stand By Your Man (feat. Nikki Lane)
10. Tarro Reader
11. Lighthouse
12. Purified
13. Angels Forever, Forever Angels
14. Tough (with Quavo) - Bonus Track
15. Bittersweet - Bonus Track

Edited by DemonMic2003
fanmade lasso tracklist

30 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

It’s been a month since Lana said the single is coming very soon.. does this look like very soon to you:stareney3: ridiculous

The journalist said "very soon" but Lana herself said: "We have two more coming out by the end of the year", so we've got 102 days until the end of 2024 left :bebe:

2.gif

32 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

It’s been a month since Lana said the single is coming very soon.. does this look like very soon to you:stareney3: ridiculous

When did she say that? Didn’t she say that two singles were planned by the end of the year? :stareney2:

7 hours ago, ivory almond said:

Pendulum:
1. Is the lead single still coming this month? No.
2. Is the lead single coming in October? Yes.

3. Is the album completely finished as of now? Yes.

4. Will "Tough" be on the album? Unsure.

5. Is the album more than 13 tracks? No.

Tarot (questions stolen from @SalvaWHORE:

1. About final album title - The Hermit

The Hermit represents solitude, isolation, and carving your own path as you seek out knowledge about yourself and the world. In this context, it may mean that the album title is either one-word or that it stands out from the rest of Lana's albums. I think Lasso is still the title.
2. Describe the album cover - The High Priestess

In terms of imagery, The High Priestess depicts a divine feminine being who wears a plain blue robe with a crescent moon at her feet and a cross that symbolizes the balance of the four elements. Behind her are palm leaves and pomegranates with black and white pillars on either side of her to represent the duality of nature: feminine/masculine, good/evil, etc. For the album cover, I think it's a strong possibility that Lana will be wearing something blue with a grand, tropical, southern landscape as the setting—maybe even Floridian or spanish-influenced.
3. Describe the tracklist - The Sun

With the card itself, some of the iconography involves a giant sun, a small child, a white horse, and sunflowers. The card represents happiness, vitality, purity, innocence, and optimism. I think the titles will be very reflective on the overall mood and lyricism in the album, which Lana has already described as more lighthearted and simple, rather than dark and personal. 
4. Soundscape wise / production - Death

While many may initially think dark, destructive, horror vibes when it comes to this card, the card symbolizes new beginnings and transitions while ending old cycles. This points to just a new overall sound for Lana that she hasn't done before on any album. It will be the album to mark a whole new era of Lana like the one we saw with her LFL/NFR transition. If we were to take the card more literally, it also may match up with Lana's description of a Southern Gothic genre since the card is a bit gothic in nature with its imagery.

5. Release date - The Empress

This card stands out as the "love" card with the Venus symbol on it and a red/pink color scheme. There is a lush landscape around the woman on the card, and the card itself represents fertility, abundance, sensuality, and nurturing. From a thematic perspective, it seems like the album will be released in February. From a literal perspective, a springtime release is also likely. Lastly, from an astrological perspective, the zodiac sign mainly associated with the card is Taurus. Based on all of this, the album is probably going to be released in February-April. Personally, I think a February date is more probable (given the pendulum answers) and obviously more ideal.

6. What this era/album represents for Lana - Judgement

For the Judgement card, this era most likely acts as a period of reawakening and revitalization for Lana. She probably went through (and will continue to go through) a lot of self-evaluation during this period where she finds new purpose in her life and/or career. If it has anything to do with her relationships, it can also mean the same thing with making adjustments based on recognized issues in the past.

7. Length - The Tower

This card is scarier than Death because it represents disaster, chaos, sudden upheavals, changes, and destruction. On the card itself, a lightning bolt strikes the tower which sets it on fire and sends it down. When it comes to album length, Lasso may be a short, quick, and/or abrupt album without smooth transitions or a full/immersive listening experience.
8. How this rollout going to be for the rest of the era - Temperance

The rollout will be calm, moderated, patient, and tranquil. The card itself is very light in color with an angel floating on water, and it suggests a lot of patience and progress in all areas during times of anxiety or stress. Even though it may feel slow, it should be smooth after the release of the lead single and the start of the era. 
9. Lead single release date - The Wheel of Fortune

The Wheel of Fortune card is associated with the four fixed astrological signs of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius. Based on the pendulum answers, I feel like Scorpio's dates are most probable, those being October 23–November 21. In my opinion, a late October release would be ideal.

SalvaWHORE's Reading:

Based on their cards, I feel like there was a lot of overlap and harmony between our readings that make me think they're pretty accurate. To start, we both agree on a short/one-worded title like Lasso. For the album cover, they predict a warm, golden, nostalgic, and gilded cover. I feel like this would pair nicely with my reading of a southern tropical landscape and blue/turquoise outfit. For their reading on the release date, I feel like The Flower may still match with my prediction of February-April because Valentine's Day and the month of February is heavily associated with roses and flower-giving, and an April release date would be springtime, so either could work. We both agree on a short length album as well with a relaxed, calm rollout. For their reading on the lead single date, they pulled the card The Mist. Personally, I think this matches up with October because it's the middle of autumn and the month itself is foggy/spooky/cool-temperatured. I would love if we got an October to February rollout.

AMAZING TYSMMM

Im quite happy with this and I’m very grateful for you taking your time to do this!

if you do another pendulum reading again, I’ve only got one question: “Is there gonna be a deluxe?”

BECAUSE I CANNOT SURVIVE JUST 11 TRACKS IN 2025 😫😫

8 hours ago, ivory almond said:

02. Lasso

05. Hey Blue Baby

06. Lake Placid

07. In God's Time

08. Ex-Glory

11. Blink

12. Dragonslayer

13. I Talk To Jesus

15. Wild One

02. Lasso
03. Don Julio

04. Pawn Shop Blues

05. Nouveau Riche
08. Lighthouse

10. Hey Blue Baby

14. In God's Time

15. Tough (feat. Quavo)

16. Dude Ranch x TJF

02. Lasso

03. In God's Time

04. Nouveau Riche

06. Lighthouse

07. Hey Blue Baby

09. Stand By Your Man

I don’t think studio versions of Prettiest girl, hey blue baby, and stupid for being happy will add any depth or dimension to the songs. They are what they are: simple, stripped- down acoustic tracks. I really hope she doesn’t waste space on a new album for them especially all 3 on one album. I don’t think I could take it:lmaoney: IMO these songs need to be taken out back and retired forever:byeh8rs2::splode:

Tumblr

43 minutes ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

I don’t think studio versions of Prettiest girl, hey blue baby, and stupid for being happy will add any depth or dimension to the songs. They are what they are: simple, stripped- down acoustic tracks. I really hope she doesn’t waste space on a new album for them especially all 3 on one album. I don’t think I could take it:lmaoney: IMO these songs need to be taken out back and retired forever:byeh8rs2::splode:

Personally, I would only want Hey Blue Baby out of all three songs, but we know how Lana loves her filler and adding scrapped songs on to a tracklist. Also, Paradise, Ultraviolence, LFL, NFR, COTCC, Blue Banisters, and Ocean Blvd have all had at least one song that was scrapped from a previous album on them.

3 hours ago, Embach said:

The journalist said "very soon" but Lana herself said: "We have two more coming out by the end of the year", so we've got 102 days until the end of 2024 left :bebe:

When she’s dropping 2 singles on December 31 then what:nene:

2 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

When she’s dropping 2 singles on December 31 then what:nene:

Well the hope does die last :xgiggle:

2.gif

11 hours ago, ivory almond said:

I love all those songs and wouldn't want them on Lasso, but would love to see them officially released somehow, some way.  To me, they're superior to a lot of her released material, like ______, ______ ______, and ___________ _____ ___. 

5 hours ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

tbh i would kill to hear prettiest girl studio version but i don't think it really fits that "southern gothic" that lana described so i hope nikki lane releases it at some point 

3 hours ago, Vertimus said:

they're superior to a lot of her released material, like Groupie Love, and NAWWAL

:true: