Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

13 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

I feel like she’s going to go for Kacey Musgraves, Zach Bryan type of country. She’s always been very country, but her country music is more so folk. To fully commit to a country album, I feel like she would need to bring in more country aspects which is where I feel like it’s going to be similar to Kacey and Zach. I don’t know if this made sense, lol, but that’s my take on the sound of the album. 

I was just listening to them and thought: wow lana would sound great with this sound.

Love the name. I was manifesting a one world title. "Lasso". A title with one word feels impactful and easy to remember. We haven't had one since "Honeymoon" I think.

I hope "Prettiest Girl in Country Music" is included. I love that song.

Manifesting a country/americana vibe like Juanita Stein (she sounds a lot like Lana):

3 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

This is the news I needed to hear today. This week has been really rough and now I have something to look forward too + in September!??!?? It’s not even that far away:wub:

now take that with a grain of salt. we know how she is with her release dates :shrug:

violets in your eyes

for some reason i wanna believe september is when it's out. that's still 8 months out, but she said she was just recording this week with jack so maybe they're doing some final touches and maybe some of these are leftovers from nfr till ocean blvd, since she said something about the last 4 years. hell, it could be like 16 tracks or something 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, watercolor eyes said:

now take that with a grain of salt. we know how she is with her release dates :shrug:

Last minute she’ll say “Oopsies not September 2024, I meant September 2036” or not say anything at all :derpna2:

People saying she’s always been country. Y’all need to clean your ears. Sirens is not even country. It only sounds the way it sounds because the budget is 2 dollars. It’s not a fully produced record. Guitar =/= country.

And AKA is not “country”. Stop trying to make it country. She sang with a twang (that’s about it) but the music is very much alternative with a rocky edge even. It has many sounds. Bollywood, western, etc.

Everything country we got from Lana was so boring and bland :sideeye: and don’t tell me ride or video games is country y’all r delusional. I hope it tanks and interscope makes her do something interesting again

31 minutes ago, neon palms sway said:

I hope she changes the name:smile2:

She's probably calling it "Lasso" just like she calls DYKTTATUOB "tunnel". The full name might be another 10 words or so, lol.

The full title might be:

Did you know there was a cowgirl born to die but with lust for life living on the countryside with blue banisters around her ranch playing music to catch boys with a lasso during their honeymoon and they called her UltraViolet for it while Chemtrails clouded the sky over them?

or whatever, lol

Besides it could be just a working title so they took the most country cliché word they could find, lol. 

It was expensive watch it