Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

anyway this is coming too soon 

tunnel is finally at its peak and she announces a new album LMAO but im super excited to see what she is doing with country because after years of teasing it, and its funny too because she says she is making this since 2019/2020 so it means after nfr, but she released 4 albums since then so im curious to know more about the process of the making of this album.

Good to remember that on the vogue interview that came out the same day of the SKIMS photoshot she said tunnel wasnt suppose to happen before she meet mike hermosa, so does that mean Lasso was supposed to be LDR9 but it was pushed back because of tunnel? Or was she making country songs for fun during 2019/2020/2021 but she felt more inspired during this summer so she decided to put it all in a body of work? 

HOPING LOVED YOU THEN AND NOW IS ON THE FINAL TAKES WBK

27 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

imagine if she puts Pawn Shop Blues on this album :lange:

As much as I adore that song, I don’t see that ever coming out without an AKA rerelease and I don’t know how I’d feel about it being separated from the others. I also don’t think she’ll be using anything more than 4 years old for this project. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

It’s weird, I feel like I had a dream about this before it happened. Anyway, I’m excited. It would be really cool if it has similar sounds to Buffalo Replaced by Mitski… such a mood. I want a dark country album, even though she mentioned she wants to go lighter and take it easy for the next record, after baring so much. I guess we will see! Also… September is the month my baby is due! Wow!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

4 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

Pre-Order coming in June possibly?

They usually take our money four to six months ahead if I remember right? So I guess preorder earlier or album later 😳

It was expensive watch it 

I have one doubt. Has she ever announced an album with the release month before on a platform like this (Grammy related/grammy level) before? Because I highly doubt she would announce something on such a large platform and change her plans? I might be being delulu but let’s hope she sticks to Lasso in September. 

Her saying she's working on the album for last 4 years is concerning. Let's just hope it's not another BB situation with previous album outtakes randomly put together. Also Lana's kind of genreblind, so I don't think it's COUNTRY country. :headache:

11 minutes ago, honeymooooon said:

anyway this is coming too soon 

tunnel is finally at its peak and she announces a new album LMAO but im super excited to see what she is doing with country because after years of teasing it, and its funny too because she says she is making this since 2019/2020 so it means after nfr, but she released 4 albums since then so im curious to know more about the process of the making of this album.

Good to remember that on the vogue interview that came out the same day of the SKIMS photoshot she said tunnel wasnt suppose to happen before she meet mike hermosa, so does that mean Lasso was supposed to be LDR9 but it was pushed back because of tunnel? Or was she making country songs for fun during 2019/2020/2021 but she felt more inspired during this summer so she decided to put it all in a body of work? 

HOPING LOVED YOU THEN AND NOW IS ON THE FINAL TAKES WBK

It’s good that this is coming soon after Ocean Blvd bc it will boost its numbers if anything, the same way OB boosted UV and NFR. 

We know she’s been working on country songs since 2018 when she performed Hey Blue Baby and I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy. So I think she’s been wanting to go country for a while now and maybe she thinks the timing makes sense right now. maybe the insiders will come in and let us know when tracks were made?

6 minutes ago, Olympia said:

They usually take our money four to six months ahead if I remember right? So I guess preorder earlier or album later 😳

No hopefully not 6 months that’s so long :trisha: I’d rather be in suspense until June for the album covers than have everything 6 months before and nothing b4 the album :sadcore6:

3 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Her saying she's working on the album for last 4 years is concerning. Let's just hope it's not another BB situation with previous album outtakes randomly put together. Also Lana's kind of genreblind, so I don't think it's COUNTRY country. :headache:

This could mean two things. 
1- she’ll add some songs from nikki’s collab album

2- she’ll add hey blue baby & I must be stupid 

Let’s pray it’s no. 2 :angie:

wait I've just remembered that she said she wants this next record after OB to be more "pop" and "more accessible"

Is it country pop à la You Belong With Me we are talking about?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

THE WAY I WENT TO BED EARLY ONE NIGHT EVER AND MISSED THIS UNTIL NOW…. WE STAY WINNING (any Lana album is a win to me so don’t come for me if you don’t like country, babes, I’d listen to any album she put out even if she sings the phonebook)

Just now, SalvaWHORE said:

wait I've just remembered that she said she wants this next record after OB to be more "pop" and "more accessible"

Is it country pop à la You Belong With Me we are talking about?

yeah i remember it too

she is so confusing sometimes, anyway love her :crying5:

2 hours ago, Elle said:

He was actually pretty nice to me! On the very first day of filming the show, I was standing right behind him in one of the takes for the scene, and between takes he’d turn around and talk to me and the two others with me. I just remember telling him “you’re so TALL and your voice is so DEEP!” and he laughed as he towered over me lmao (I’m very short and he’s probably one of the tallest people I’ve ever met) but he was kind. I always take it as surprise when the lead actors choose to talk to me, because we’re not supposed to talk to them unless they speak to us first, but Trace really wanted to talk! He was really interesting and also interested in what I had to say as well. I ended up doing a lot of episodes with him and he would remember me and talk with me then too.

I do wonder if Lana is considering any well-known country artists as features for her record. A Trace collab would actually be quite interesting since their voices are sooo different. Inb4 they do a remix of Honky Tonk Badonkadonk xx 

That's awesome! When i met Trace he had just been swarmed by a crowd wanting autographs, but I just wanted to say hi, so I didn't have anything with me. He just looked at me and said in an unfriendly voice "What, you want me to sign something with my finger!?" and I just walked away as he laughed. Maybe it was a bad day and maybe he didn't mean anything by it. It was forever ago and I don't know how some famous artists deal with crowds, Lana is unreal! In honor of Lana's new country album, today i will finally forgive him.

5 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

This could mean two things. 
1- she’ll add some songs from nikki’s collab album

2- she’ll add hey blue baby & I must be stupid 

Let’s pray it’s no. 2 :angie:

guys, i had no interest in a lana country record.

but afer that henry snippet and prettiest girl in country music, i am SOLD 

these two tracks better be on it!