Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Uhh, she should have made a big announcement on stage too!!!

:pft:

Spoiler

either by ripping out the microphone by force or by picking it up after Miley's performance:lolno2:

7 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

I’m sure we are going to get a traditional country album as i’m sure the most iconic country artists are who will be inspiring her for this project , but i do hope she plays a little with sounds and gets a little bit weird or unexpected with some of the production. 

Blvd has a very somber tone but goes down some unexpected turns a few times.

I think that she will. Didn't Antonoff mention that he and Lana are heading into a very strange place artistically? Given the acclaim for A&W, I doubt that there won't be at least a few weird/experimental touches.

Yes, the Tammy Wynette/Johnny Cash/Patsy Cline/Nancy Sinatra etc. influence will probably be very strong. She worships and adores these artists, and I'm pretty sure that evoking - and reviving - their soundscape will be one of the key elements of the new album (Lana will adjust the genre to her own sensibilities and style of course). I'm not expecting generic modern country at all. If anything, the "Henry, come on" snippet is serving Ultraviolence outtakes/Sirens/Yayo-esque realness. So a combination of sparse acoustic minimalism and lush 50's/60's country/folk/Americana productions is quite possible and extremely promising, too.

The fact that Lana and Jack have been working on this project for four years is very intriguing; Chemtrails, certain sections of NFR, Ocean Blvd and Blue Banisters feel like a prologue and an early taste of what she wanted to explore and delve into. 2023 must have been an insanely productive year for her; she was in the studio with Jack back in December 2022, recorded many songs in Alabama, Tennessee and Mississippi, and, based on what she said on her IG story a week ago, just finished another songwriting section with Luke Laird and is currently recording new songs with Jack in L.A. I haven't seen her so proud and excited about a project since 2018 when she started working with Jack and gave us Mariners and Venice Bitch. I dunno, I have a very good feeling about this! If she plays her cards right, this could be a monumental achievement; she could re-define and re-introduce country and folk music to the general public. And if she does pull this off, it'll be another game-changer. 

Manifesting no covers

manifesting no covers

manifesting no covers

Original Lana songs ONLY:tiffany4:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I hope next era is big. 

radio push, multiple music videos, actual promo!! (TV interviews/performances)

I’m as upset as everyone about the result of the Grammys, but I woke up realizing that she probably lost because, while she absolutely deserves every Grammy she was nominated for, she doesn’t do much. She released one video for tunnel and while she was critically acclaimed, every artist that won exposed themselves as much as possible

"Don’t forget me"

Cmon now folks, we cant be sitting here all day and being sad about the grammys, coachella is coming, LDRX (11) is coming, the whole world tour is coming :hide:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

5 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I hope next era is big. 

radio push, multiple music videos, actual promo!! (TV interviews/performances)

I’m as upset as everyone about the result of the Grammys, but I woke up realizing that she probably lost because, while she absolutely deserves every Grammy she was nominated for, she doesn’t do much. She released one video for tunnel and while she was critically acclaimed, every artist that won exposed themselves as much as possible

This is the same conclusion I came to, she didn’t make herself visible. Boygenius did SNL leading up to the Grammys, Billie did countless interviews for her song + SNL, Taylor Swift was everywhere the whole year. Lana had a huge year but she didn’t campaign as hard for her awards like the other nominees did, besides a magazine cover. I hope she plays the game next year.

4 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

This is the same conclusion I came to, she didn’t make herself visible. Boygenius did SNL leading up to the Grammys, Billie did countless interviews for her song + SNL, Taylor Swift was everywhere the whole year. Lana had a huge year but she didn’t campaign as hard for her awards like the other nominees did, besides a magazine cover. I hope she plays the game next year.

well, but knowing Lana, she literally sang "I never really knew that what I have to decide, to play someone's game or live my own life" - and Lust for Life was the last time she questioned herself that matter, as well as the last time she plays the industry's games, which is why this was still her most mainstream era ever.

I personally don't think she - as who she is right now will the "the game", but who knows, Lana, please surprise me with unexpected!!!

flash forward to when it’s september, the grammys are a distant memory, I’ve got my headphones on listening to hey blue baby studio recording for the first time :tongue2:

19 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

I wonder what the title track sounds like:wowcry:

I think for the first time in a long time, title track is going to encapsulate the album perfectly. 

BTD/UV/HM all did that

LFL/NFR kind of was an indication of the album, but not really 

COTCC/BB (and their albums as a whole) were just no indication of what we were getting 

Did you know . . . Went back to the LFL/NFR kind of an indication of the album, but as a whole the album was still a pretty broad range of sound 

I think Lasso is going to be a BTD/UV/HM level again 

"Don’t forget me"