Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

9 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Lately All Songs Sound O……..

still thinking of a final word 

ornate, opulent, opalescent, oblique, obstinate, oppressive, ordinary :keyboard: 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

It seems like Jack antonoff started kind of recently following rick nowels on instagram :oprah4:

Omfg!?!?!?

url%5D

3 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

It seems like Jack antonoff started kind of recently following rick nowels on instagram :oprah4:

imagine if lasso was produced by both jack AND rick... now we ALL can be happy! :oprah4:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

4 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

EVERYONE WAKE UP :oprah9:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

6 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

:oprah9:

13 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

Its because we’re getting dragonslayer released tomorrow ready for the year of the dragon x

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

46 minutes ago, bigspender said:

i don’t think there’s one chemtrails song without guitar? 

28 minutes ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

Wild At Heart, Not All Who Wander Are Lost, Yosemite, Breaking Up Slowly... :oprah7:

also, I think all Chemtrails songs have at least one type of guitar.

you're right i just used wrong wording, i'm sorry:bebe:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

5 hours ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

A Western-themed project sounds like something much bigger than a MV. It could be a series of MVs for 2-3 songs, or even a short film. It could be anything really! I mean, she did tell us that "things are about to get crazy for a long time". :lange:

Anyway, I hope that the visuals/covers will be inspired by Joan Crawford in Nicholas Ray's Johnny Guitar. Now, that's my definition of cuntry. :oprah:

EUHrxRTXkAAl5vw?format=jpg&name=small

FLAgMkeXMAIGnFs?format=jpg&name=medium

EC745DNXsAEF7vQ?format=jpg&name=medium

D00rVF-WsAEUzIJ.jpg

Need her to contact Anna Biller. Lana in technicolour visuals would be a match made in heaven. 

2 hours ago, shivaree said:

I hope she takes advantage of this album era to finally release On Our way, NLMG, Every man gets his wish, velvety crowbar and anything else that has an alternative sound. Very easy to countrify those songs.

Still remember that snippet of the supossed rework of NLMG with Thunder-like production.

Truly wish its not fake and we get to hear it in full.

5 hours ago, barttttender said:

Honestly, after spending a gazillion dollars on Candy Necklace and getting, like, 9 views, I don't imagine Interscope would be willing to cash out for another big video production.

I also do think that music videos are on a such a massive decline, with even Beyonce not having done one for Renaissance. Now, I love music videos, and Lana's a genius with the right director (Candy Necklace: EPIC SLAY). But, let's face it, the last LDR videos that performed well were DCMA and Doin' Time, and that's because both of those had a good beat. I feel like folks will play videos when they wanna be entertained, or they're with their friends and wanna show off their favorite artist and like mess around/dance together. But even that's not a guarantee of success. Just look at Kylie Minogue's Padam Padam, one of the biggest songs of 2023 that accumulated 24 M only.

So, while I'd love her to have a video for Lasso, obviously, I wouldn't cry if she doesn't. Give the money to charity. 

Now, if it was an upbeat radio-friendly song with a pulse or a Dolly Parton collab, then it'd be a shame not to have one.

She got her first VMA for Candy Necklace and it won an EMA too. Shouldn't that be a compensation?