Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

6 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

I don't think this was the last time we saw that black leather dress. :judgingu3:

I am thinking she probably shot the cover in the desert in that dress with Neil

Tbh I am VERY excited about Lasso but Lana doing a country album feels so bizarre right now. Like it would seem like a very natural progression for her to do a pop LFL type album right now based of her aesthetic and everything.ย 
ย 

Like the fact we arenโ€™t about to get an album called Queen of Hearts with collabs from The Weeknd and Tommy Genesis is lowkey crazy

Iโ€™m so excited to see what Lasso will be like after the week 2 Coachella outfits and Iโ€™m so curious whatย tartan tactical is forย :trisha:ย 

Hoping we get more than one music video or at least an album trailerย this era. An old western movie style trailer would eat

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

โบ.โŠน เฃช ห– ย ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“‰๐’ธ๐’ฝ ๐’ถ ๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“€๐‘’ ๐’พ๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“ˆ๐“Œ๐‘’๐‘’๐“‰๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆย โ‚Šหš.เผ„

17 hours ago, barttttender said:

ย 

born to die wasย more cohesive than honeymoon

ย 

honeymoon had jazz, trap, orchestras, acustic guitars. I dont think it was that cohesive at all. For me, her most cohesive albums to date are NFR and BTD. Production wise, melodically, lyrically. Total consistency throughout.ย 

then I'd say UV and Chemtrails.

ย 

then LFL, HM and OB, all of which kind of push for different things. But that's what makes them a unique listening expericce and a bit more sonically diverse.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Coherence does not mean you can not use different influences/ instruments whatever. Considering the sonical landscape of that record, Honeymoon is probably the most cohesive album she ever did.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

4 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

Imagine Lasso cover being like this

91etw+5xmsL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

but with this

20240421-014235.jpg

Yas!

ย 

I donโ€™t know what it is, but I donโ€™t want her face in the album cover, I think a shot from behind or even a silhouette too!

ย 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty bluesย 

wait I just had a vision that there will be a sisterย song ofย Yayo in this album and she will bring back playing guitar in her live performancesย :oprah4:

6 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

wait I just had a vision that there will be a sisterย song ofย Yayo in this album and she will bring back playing guitar in her live performancesย :oprah4:

Omg yass. Also bring back acapella

7 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Coherence does not mean you can not use different influences/ instruments whatever. Considering the sonical landscape of that record, Honeymoon is probably the most cohesive album she ever did.

ย 

i didn't say that. I was talking about lyrical, melodical and sonical cohes. Also, genre.

ย 

Songs like High By The Beach (a trap-infused pop song), a super jazzy Terrence Love You or Honeymoon, and a rock-infused post-breakup songย like The Blackest Day are really not that cohesive.ย 
ย 

Let's get real here. If Blackest Day was on UV, you wouldn't have thought it doesn't belong there.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

On 4/20/2024 at 8:28 PM, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I think OB is cohesive in the sense it feels like a journey, the songs blend because it transitions quite well.. I mean, A&W completely switches in the same song and it works!ย 
ย 

for me Iโ€™ve always found BB the least cohesive.. it sounds like a mix tape. I love all the tracks as stand alone songs, but itโ€™s a record I donโ€™t tend to listen start to finish like the othersย 

ย 

Totally agree!ย 

ย 

On 4/20/2024 at 5:43 PM, ivory almond said:

Personally, I think all of her albums have been cohesive except for Ocean Blvd. BTD was the hip hop/pop album that had classical influence all throughout. UV was gothic, keeping the strings but now adding psychedelia, electric guitars, and rock influence. HM was Baroque Pop, a combination of vintage music with strings, acoustic guitars, Old Italy sounds + synths, electronic beats, futuristic sounds. LFL used that same idea of combining old and new, but in more conceptual way: one half was electronic while the other was acoustic, both sides also reflecting 'lust' vs 'life.' NFR was the first album to start heavily utilizing piano, but still nicely blended it with synths, electric guitars, and strings. COTCC was her folk album with piano, acoustic guitars/bass, and subtle percussion for a much softer sound than anything else before. BBย was the piano album and everything was strictly piano-based except a few acoustic guitar ballads. OB is the only album that isn't cohesive at all. For most of the album, it's again piano-based. Title Track and Sweet and Fingertips may be more orchestral and strings-heavy, but still have prominent piano. Then, there's like 6 songs that can't even be grouped together in a genre because they are so sonically different. A&W with acoustic guitar + piano that leads into trap, LTLI that is a warm organ and guitar song, Margaret which is a classic Bleachers-esque song, Fishtail which is an auto-tuned piano synth and electronic drums song, Peppers which is an electric bass and guitar song that also has rap and a fast-paced surf rock bridge, and then Taco-Truck x VB, which is closes in sound to Peppers because of the beachy electric guitar throughout the first half of the song. Then it transitions into a trap version of VB.ย 

ย 

Actually OB felt totally cohesive to me from the beginning! Maybe the songs are different genre, but the way she sings combines the tracks perfectly by her voice and interpretation. Fishtails stands a bit out for me from the effects, but still it's not falling out for me. Both BB and even Chemtrails (not that much as BB though, and still one of my favorite albums) are much less cohesive to me.ย 

ย 

I can't wait for LASSO as always when I think she cannot top this she seems to do it โค๏ธย 

ย 

And please, Lana, give us a vinyl album package as Taylor's tortured poets department. I need such a case bound booklet with amazing Western movie film Noir pictures on high quality matte paper ๐Ÿ˜…โค๏ธ

It was expensive watch itย 

At first I thought theย desert pics Niel was posting could be Lasso related, but since he keeps posting more Iโ€™m thinking itโ€™s not, thereโ€™s no way heโ€™d be leaking all of Lanaโ€™s albumโ€™s visuals.ย 
ย 

Now that Coachella is over, and weโ€™re almost only 4 months away, assuming there is no delay, I really think itโ€™s time to start getting some crumbs of info.ย 
ย 

"Donโ€™t forget me"

Just now, NikoGo said:

At first I thought theย desert pics Niel was posting could be Lasso related, but since he keeps posting more Iโ€™m thinking itโ€™s not, thereโ€™s no way heโ€™d be leaking all of Lanaโ€™s albumโ€™s visuals.ย 
ย 

Now that Coachella is over, and weโ€™re almost only 4 months away, assuming there is no delay, I really think itโ€™s time to start getting some crumbs of info.ย 

i was wondering if he was at Coachella? seems like a perfect time to take photos but i havenโ€™t seen anyone with him or him down at barricade in any of the videos :(ย  ?ย 

ย 

i wonder how sheโ€™s going to announce Lasso โ€ฆ i love the mystery ! her leather dress and belt were so iconic & such a tease!ย