I hope Lasso blends a bunch of genres :true:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

27 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

I hope Lasso blends a bunch of genres :true:

I hope she does this for Lasso as well! would love some variation of country rock/folk/alternative country/southern gothic/outlaw. need at least one country bop too :legend:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

4 hours ago, Crimson and Clover said:

not a country album but imagine the collapse if the cover was serving this..she’s been basing her recent album covers off of random albums so this would be iconic 

NC05MTMwLmpwZWc.jpeg

love the cover and the album, but after the pretendian exposé i hope lana stays clear from it  

14 hours ago, NikoGo said:

Why is everyone acting like this is a jack only record? YES he’s involved, but the first song we’ve been teased with isn’t a Jack song. 

personally I think it’s a bit silly to hope for a super boppy album when her last ‘bop’ album was LFL which came out almost 7 years ago. I want a bop album as much as the next person but it just doesn’t seem realistic

Gurrl, I'm totally with you. I know it won't happen. Lust for Life was her last commercial effort for sure.

But we JUST NEED ONE BOP. Just one. One upbeat single ala Summertime Sadness, Doin' Time or High By the Beach to hear on the radio or listen at the gym. Like, country with beats.

And no, this is not me mistaking Lana for another type of artist, like Sportscruiser keeps accusing me. I'm her biggest fan, and I don't expect her to change. But 3 albums in a row without a hit just isn't good for her career. Chemtrails, BB and OB haven't had a single entry on Billboard 100.

Meanwhile, 8+ tracks off of Cowboy Carter made it onto that list instantly, 6 of which weren't even singles (Buckin, Bodyguard, Protector, Blackbird, American Requiem, Hands II Heaven). All 3 of Dua Lipa's new singles made it onto the list at numbers 11, 20 and whatever.

And, yes, I know Lana doesn't need Billboard, and she's in her own lane, and her true fans don't care. But she's had 15 songs on that list, and each album up until Chemtrails had a bop or a big ballad. So, she CAN do it, and she should. If for no other reason, then to continue to be part of pop culture, get more Grammy attention, etc. It's just good for her.

Also, after 5 years, it's time for Jack to produce her first solo hit for her. He's done it for Taylor repeatedly, so I don't get why he can't cook up something more commercially minded for Lana.

7 hours ago, DemonMic2003 said:

I’ve changed my mind on unreleased songs being on Lasso. Praying Lana only does new songs on the record.

I totally agree with this… I hope she possibly interprets 1 or 2 into the album but I’d much prefer an ‘Unreleased Collection’ rather than this album be filled with a bunch of her unreleased, plus I love new Lana stuff :wub:

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Gurrl, I'm totally with you. I know it won't happen. Lust for Life was her last commercial effort for sure.

But we JUST NEED ONE BOP. Just one. One upbeat single ala Summertime Sadness, Doin' Time or High By the Beach to hear on the radio or listen at the gym. Like, country with beats.

And no, this is not me mistaking Lana for another type of artist, like Sportscruiser keeps accusing me. I'm her biggest fan, and I don't expect her to change. But 3 albums in a row without a hit just isn't good for her career. Chemtrails, BB and OB haven't had a single entry on Billboard 100.

Meanwhile, 8+ tracks off of Cowboy Carter made it onto that list instantly, 6 of which weren't even singles (Buckin, Bodyguard, Protector, Blackbird, American Requiem, Hands II Heaven). All 3 of Dua Lipa's new singles made it onto the list at numbers 11, 20 and whatever.

And, yes, I know Lana doesn't need Billboard, and she's in her own lane, and her true fans don't care. But she's had 15 songs on that list, and each album up until Chemtrails had a bop or a big ballad. So, she CAN do it, and she should. If for no other reason, then to continue to be part of pop culture, get more Grammy attention, etc. It's just good for her.

Also, after 5 years, it's time for Jack to produce her first solo hit for her. He's done it for Taylor repeatedly, so I don't get why he can't cook up something more commercially minded for Lana.

She needs another Doin’ Time :true:

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

She needs another Doin’ Time :true:

Or, at least, Ride. A big song with a great melody that could get radio play.

No more low-key ballads as singles with minimalist production, like Blue Banisters, Arcadia, Wildflower, White Dress, Candy Necklace, The Grants, etc. It's literally been 5 years of those. (Doin' Time came out in 2019!)

But knowing Lana, she'll drop Henry, Come on as the first single. :godlaugh:

It's so funny and even cool how people really differently translate the term "bop". For me, Lana has released bops in each of her albums. Even in COTCC, Banisters and OB. Although, I do think that maybe her last album that had most "bop" songs was NFR (for example Doin Time, FIILY, Cinnamon Girl, Venice) but that doesn't mean that other following albums didn't have at least one "bop"/upbeat/beatsy track. Who doesn't bop to Peppers or Tulsa Jesus Freak or Black Bathing Suit? :oprah6: To be honest, different opinions are what makes the music most intriguing sometimes :true:

url%5D

6 minutes ago, Embach said:

It's so funny and even cool how people really differently translate the term "bop". For me, Lana has released bops in each of her albums. Even in COTCC, Banisters and OB. Although, I do think that maybe her last album that had most "bop" songs was NFR (for example Doin Time, FIILY, Cinnamon Girl, Venice) but that doesn't mean that other following albums didn't have at least one "bop"/upbeat/beatsy track. Who doesn't bop to Peppers or Tulsa Jesus Freak or Black Bathing Suit? :oprah6: To be honest, different opinions are what makes the music most intriguing sometimes :true:

If we look at definitions of the word "bop", it implies a rapid tempo. What song on Chemtrails has a rapid tempo, in your opinion? Or BB? Do you really think Tulsa, or BBS or Venice Bitch have a rapid tempo?

7 minutes ago, Embach said:

To me, a « Lana bop » is a song that could get radio airplay, with some chill beats, or that could please her fans because it contains somewhat some of the « old Lana ». Agree with you that Peppers is a bop, TJF is kinda one (sure is underrated with the GP), but to me, the « bop » (very loosely here) on BB might be Dealer: not that it’s a light song, but the lyrics are very UV. 
Say Yes to Heaven is a nice pop song and bop-ish too. 

But my fave Lana bops are her summery tracks with a memorable melody and we need one of those 

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

To me, a « Lana bop » is a song that could get radio airplay, with some chill beats, or that could please her fans because it contains somewhat some of the « old Lana ». Agree with you that Peppers is a bop, TJF is kinda one (sure is underrated with the GP), but to me, the « bop » (very loosely here) on BB might be Dealer: not that it’s a light song, but the lyrics are very UV. 
Say Yes to Heaven is a nice pop song and bop-ish too. 

But my fave Lana bops are her summery tracks with a memorable melody and we need one of those 

YES! 

Doin' Time

National Anthem

Off to the Races

Florida Kilos

Summertime Sadness

Cola

Diet Mountain Dew

Hollywood

Radio

Burning Desire

You Can Be the Boss

High by the Beach

West Coast

Serial Killer

Don't Call Me Angel

Summer Bummer

Hundred Dollar Bill

Ridin' Feat. ASAP Rocky

This is What Makes Us Girls

The list is even longer.

I wish people on here wouldn't keep saying "Oh, you want Lana to be a different artist" when she has produced a large number of summer BOPS. Obviously, she can do that. Just not with Jack apparently (he hasn't produced any of the above)

Maybe out of topic, but do we know what's been happening these last weeks with her? She looks like an absolute divine aparition every time she's gone public. Not to sound ageist, but she look like she's her 2012 self all of a sudden. I just cant stop staring at her recent pics, she looks truly unreal in the best of senses.