Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 minute ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

This is the second time she’s mentioned the new music being in the vein of American Songbook songs which I still don’t really comprehend but pop off:agree: still holding out hope Tough🦋 will come in June even if the album is delayed

Fr, this better not be another machine gun Kelly collab situation

“Maybe more melodic. Maybe more like ‘American Songbook’ style?”

So does she mean it’s going to have a more jazzy/show-tune style?

Edit: I’m thinking kinda like the Blue Skies cover.

1 minute ago, dietpussycola said:

“Maybe more melodic. Maybe more like ‘American Songbook’ style?”

So does she mean it’s going to have a more jazzy/show-tune style?

I’d love that tbh.

I honestly find it funny that she grouped Chemtrails with BB and Ocean Blvd like can she point directly to where the wordy songs are :sleep:

Just now, Bonita said:

I honestly find it funny that she grouped Chemtrails with BB and Ocean Blvd like can she point directly to where the wordy songs are :sleep:

Clocked that, Chemtrails isn’t really wordy or personal expect for White Dress:aubrey:

2 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Am I the only one who would want another BB if it was done right.

I don’t mean in production btw, I mean in wordiness and getting a couple unreleased on the album.

7 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Am I the only one who would want another BB if it was done right.

not at all it’s a tough life but us BB girls are out here :dance2:  

imagine not wanting songs on the caliber of Arcadia, Wildflower Wildfire, Thunder, Text Book, Blue Banisters, Black Bathing Suit, Dealer or a cunty moment like fucking Trio The Interlude like could neverrrr be me

I think with more melodic and the American songbook reference she meant a more classic - Americana sound? Which can also be found in chemtrails and blue banisters <3 

Also remember last year she recorded at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio in Alabama three or four songs that were described from someone working there as "Americana" :dua:

tumblr-m8pd6uijos1qgawlzo1-500.gif

7 hours ago, honeyslow said:

part about lasso at 2:07 

Interviewer: What can you tell us about Lasso coming out later this year, you're going country right?

Lana: Oh jeez, well what can I say now. What can I say now. I mean when I gave Jack Antonoff his award for best producer of the year and I said welcome Nashville to Hollywood and Hollywood welcome Nashville because the music business is gone going country and it went silent. Five thousand people dead silent and then the next week we had three major artists announce big country albums so where is Lasso going I really have no idea now. You know what I mean?

Interviewer: Lyrically (?) while it's been inspiring is it part of that fun and ease you were talking about on stage?

Lana: Yeah I would say so, maybe less to say in terms of any kind of self-revealing things like on Tunnel or Blue Banisters or Chemtrails, more melodic, maybe more like American songbook style.

girl…:girlbye:

she’s been working on this country album for 5 years now like just release it

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

7 hours ago, honeyslow said:

Five thousand people dead silent and then the next week we had three major artists announce big country albums

me when i lie for fun because that room was NOT silent... shes so seek

SIX-925-F28-EF-3396-4432-B041-EEFD43-EF3

Spoiler

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

me when i lie for fun because that room was NOT silent... shes so seek

someone on here once said something along the lines of “Lana is a much more tragic figure in her own mind than she ever has been IRL” and I will never stop thinking about it 💀

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

As hot as she is right now, and seeing that most people, including critics, can see past a 'has Lana jumped on the country trend bandwagon?' thing, the smart thing for her to do is to release Lasso as planned, unchanged, on schedule.