Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

41 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I would love for lana to release an occasional 4-5 song EP sadly she just doesn’t do that lol 

I would rather a country EP than a full album 

Prettiest Girl In Country Music (EP)

1. Stand By Your Man

2. Prettiest Girl In Country Music (feat. Sierra Ferrell)

3. Hey Baby Blue

4. I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy

5. New Country Song

My interpretation is that the album is more LFL-esque than it was supposed to be. I mentioned it in the Tough thread, but the fact it’s getting a MV treatment, I wonder if her label pushed that song to be the lead and reshaped the sound of Lasso. Although I can’t see her label imposing anything on her since she was the second most-stramed female artist last year on Spotify (even if OB wasn’t very « GP oriented »)

5 hours ago, honeyslow said:

This whole interview was interesting :bebe:

she made absolutely no sense about Lasso, but I like the idea of her lyrics being inspired by her having fun and being at ease

but Lana, imma need you to further explain yourself because no, I don’t know what you mean. I don’t think the album was scrapped because Jack has also talked about it and called it ‘Fucking brilliant’ so idk it would seem odd to completely scrap the whole album (and she just told Elle earlier this month it was coming out this year still). But yeah I have no idea what that whole answer means. I need clarification 

I also love how she just makes up things, because people definitely applauded when she said the music industry was going country so idk where that 5000 people being silent narrative came from 

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

My interpretation is that the album is more LFL-esque than it was supposed to be. I mentioned it in the Tough thread, but the fact it’s getting a MV treatment, I wonder if her label pushed that song to be the lead and reshaped the sound of Lasso. Although I can’t see her label imposing anything on her since she was the second most-stramed female artist last year on Spotify (even if OB wasn’t very « GP oriented »)

Personally I think that going to all of these events, having this "relationship" of sorts with Quavo and simultaneously still stepping foot in the country world is what's probably stopping her from going full country. Come on, she loves Camila's I LUV IT haha. She's full country aesthetics these days but she never really closed the door when it comes to trap and electronic influences so I think Lasso not being fully country as (most likely) initially intended is a reflection of the wide range of experiences and people she gets in touch with. I think we're fully ahead of a LFL 2.0 which is honestly very exciting to me.

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

This whole interview was interesting :bebe:

she made absolutely no sense about Lasso, but I like the idea of her lyrics being inspired by her having fun and being at ease

but Lana, imma need you to further explain yourself because no, I don’t know what you mean. I don’t think the album was scrapped because Jack has also talked about it and called it ‘Fucking brilliant’ so idk it would seem odd to completely scrap the whole album (and she just told Elle earlier this month it was coming out this year still). But yeah I have no idea what that whole answer means. I need clarification 

I also love how she just makes up things, because people definitely applauded when she said the music industry was going country so idk where that 5000 people being silent narrative came from 

I think it stems from the tepid reaction to her announcing Lasso.

IMG-1607.jpg

at the end of the day, we can reasonably assume these things:

-we are likely be getting this track with quavo within a month give or take

-it seems to be teased with a similar aesthetic to Henry, come on, so we can assume they are connected

-its leaked lyrics are obviously meant to be in line with a country theme

-when it comes out, its likely we will get a better sense of what the future has in store!

4 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I think it stems from the tepid reaction to her announcing Lasso.

There’s a difference between tepid reaction and “the crowd went dead silent” because even if it wasn’t the reaction she wanted people definitely applauded :thumb2:

I hope when you interview her she gives you a clearer answer 

"Don’t forget me"

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, ComebacktoCalifornia said:

At the bare minimum Flipside and Is this happiness should be released on all streaming platforms worldwide and maybe a 6" vinyl like she did with syth and bb

This, but maybe add Fine China (A New Version Produced By Paul Epsworth) as well

Edited by DemonMic2003

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

I'm not reading too much into the interview, I think she just doesn't want to talk about Lasso in advance until it's time to roll it out. I also don't think she's worried about trendhopping, she literally said the music industry is going country so she obviously knew a bunch of big releases this year would be country. She probably said that to get ahead of it and show that she isn't just following the trend and has been working on a country album for years.

I have a feeling Lasso is still on track and she just doesn't want to discuss it right now.

She could have simply said: "I don't want to talk about it yet, but it's coming this year" 

but she was more like "country was a good idea at the time, but somehow things have changed now"

I can definitely see her pivoting a little since country has went SO mainstream at the moment 

she’s never been a trend chaser and is definitely hyper aware of her standing with the critics, so I can totally see her getting cold feet with this now just to not be compared to Beyoncé, etc. 

So, let me get this straight...

Lasso, a country album, has been on the works for 5 years, Jack has said it was brilliant, and we even had two teasers! The latest being recorded as early as February.

It was also supposed to be out in 4 months... Now it turns out it's not even finished, (yet it should be by now, considering how long the whole vinyl process takes...) but not only that, Lana also said she has no idea what direction is this album going... :bebe:

At least, she said the songs are more melodic... I take it they're not as wordy, and we're getting more of her classic sounding songs, with normal song structures! Which is good, after NFR/COTCC/BB/DYKTTATUOB :oprah:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I don’t know why this annoyed me so much. I’m fine with her not releasing something for a while, tunnel is still very fresh. Also, I don’t mind her creative vision shifting. But girl, either do it or

don’t say anything:crossed:

oh wait, she said more in that NME interview?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-interview-lasso-ivor-novellos-country-reading-leeds-3759161

"Are the lyrics of ‘Lasso’ inspired by that same sense of ease, fun and comfort she’s been talking about today?

“Yes, I’d say so,” Del Rey offered. “I’ve maybe less to say in terms of any self-revealing things like on ‘Tunnel’ or ‘Blue Bannisters’ or ‘Chemtrails Over The Country Club’, and just more melodic. Maybe more American Songbook style?”"

7 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

So, let me get this straight...

Lasso, a country album, has been on the works for 5 years, Jack has said it was brilliant, and we even had two teasers! The latest being recorded as early as February.

It was also supposed to be out in 4 months... Now it turns out it's not even finished, (yet it should be by now, considering how long the whole vinyl process takes...) but not only that, Lana also said she has no idea what direction is this album going... :bebe:

We lost :meltdown:

d1c671054181258f54d7f3107a5c4e3a.gif

IT'S BRITNEY BITCH 

7 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

oh wait, she said more in that NME interview?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-interview-lasso-ivor-novellos-country-reading-leeds-3759161

"Are the lyrics of ‘Lasso’ inspired by that same sense of ease, fun and comfort she’s been talking about today?

“Yes, I’d say so,” Del Rey offered. “I’ve maybe less to say in terms of any self-revealing things like on ‘Tunnel’ or ‘Blue Bannisters’ or ‘Chemtrails Over The Country Club’, and just more melodic. Maybe more American Songbook style?”"

yes baby we watched the video

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: